Need advice on dropping my handicap

Really bad lol...got paired up with 2 beginners and my friend slept in. So slow but at least they are nice

I'm about to take a rain check I think

Last edited:
ONE
SHOT
AT
A
TIME

Doesn't matter who you're playing with, whats going on in front of you or behind you. One shot at a time. Focus on the task at hand and make your best effort each time. Don't take the club away uncommitted.

GLGL

Played the back 9 this morning and shot a 5 over 41. Didnt putt well (Doubled the first hole with a 3 putt and then proceeded to 2 putt the next two holes to go 4 over) at all so I started putting with my wedge again and it got a lot better...just don't feel comfortable with the ghost at address since I haven't practiced enough with it lately.

My mental game just isnt there anymore. I cant keep my head on the course right now. Ill have one more round later this week but I am starting to have second thoughts about if I actually want to do this.

Just caught up on this thread. Dude, you have to try out. What is the downside to it? You will definitely regret it if you don't. Keep up the hard work and if you don't make it this year, work hard all year and you will make it next year. Set some goals and do everything you can to achieve them. Good luck man, keep us posted.

If youre going to putt with your wedge, I suggest getting an 8802 style putter.
Played the back 9 this morning and shot a 5 over 41. Didnt putt well (Doubled the first hole with a 3 putt and then proceeded to 2 putt the next two holes to go 4 over) at all so I started putting with my wedge again and it got a lot better...just don't feel comfortable with the ghost at address since I haven't practiced enough with it lately.

My mental game just isnt there anymore. I cant keep my head on the course right now. Ill have one more round later this week but I am starting to have second thoughts about if I actually want to do this.

If youre going to putt with your wedge, I suggest getting an 8802 style putter.

Ill look into that it makes a lot of sense. My problem with the ghost today was aim (funny considering that is supposed to be its thing)

Starting to wish I waited longer to get a new putter...any ideas on re-shafting the ghost?

You should try what Els does. Puts his glove on but doesn't velcro it up. Puts his tee in the ground, takes his practice swings then gets behind the ball. Then, he velcros it and BOOM, he's focused. Nothing else enters his mind but that shot. Then visualizes it from behind the ball and walks up to it and hits. That's his trigger to focus on the task at hand. Give it a shot.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Ill look into that it makes a lot of sense. My problem with the ghost today was aim (funny considering that is supposed to be its thing)

Starting to wish I waited longer to get a new putter...any ideas on re-shafting the ghost?

Marking my ball with the lines has made a considerable difference with the aim in my putting. Lining it up with the longer line is an advantage, but I have found that the parallel line with the putter is what helps me the most.
IMG_20110821_141220-1.jpg

And don't get down on yourself too much, we all have off days/weeks here and there.

Marking my ball with the lines has made a considerable difference with the aim in my putting. Lining it up with the longer line is an advantage, but I have found that the parallel line with the putter is what helps me the most.
IMG_20110821_141220-1.jpg

And don't get down on yourself too much, we all have off days/weeks here and there.

Yeah I need to start aligning my ball for putts. I keep telling myself to slow down but it doesnt happen lol.

Taking time off from the range for the next few days because my shoulder is starting to hurt and I cant afford to tear something again.

Last edited:
Yeah I need to start aligning my ball for putts. I keep telling myself to slow down but it doesnt happen lol.

Taking time off from the range for the next few days because my shoulder is starting to hurt and I cant afford to tear something again.

Ahh man, that sucks about your shoulder. Its good you are taking time to rest it. Today at Karsten my alignment was good, but my speed was way off, lol. Id miss by 0.5"-1", but it would be 5'+ behind the cup. I had my first 4 putt in a really long time.

A guy at my old club told me that 100% the best way to lower your handicap is to....put all your scores in the computer lol.

Back