ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
Im getting so frustrated, no mather how i m doing, i cant get my swing on the right plane in my backswing, i know im going to much on the inside, but still cant get it right...

ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS of how to pick up the club more straight up? It really feels like im picking the club straight up.... PLEASE comment and give me some tips, im going crazy

here's a picture:
http://postimage.org/image/36i4i8ux0/ (yellow line=shaft at adress)

When you take it back, take it back with straight arms and point it in the completely opposite direction. Try and take the club so far outside.

Stand with your back to a wall (not right on it) and practice your takeaway/backswing...if you go too inside you will hit the wall.

I'm not an expert but here's what I do. Take a short iron and practice your takeaway in slow motion while standing with your butt against a wall (side of garage or something). You should be able to get the club most if not all the way to the top without it hitting the wall. Do it slowly so you don't damage club or hurt yourself.

Stand with your back to a wall (not right on it) and practice your takeaway/backswing...if you go too inside you will hit the wall.

you mean like Flooder?

I'm not an expert but here's what I do. Take a short iron and practice your takeaway in slow motion while standing with your butt against a wall (side of garage or something). You should be able to get the club most if not all the way to the top without it hitting the wall. Do it slowly so you don't damage club or hurt yourself.

that sounds like a great tip, perfect for doing at home as well. Thanks ALOT

When you take it back, take it back with straight arms and point it in the completely opposite direction. Try and take the club so far outside.

will try that, thanks :)

also, how short of i iron should i be able to swing without hitting the wall? 7i?

Yeah.

also...when practicing your takeaway try to push out

define push out :D and how short of a iron should i be able to swing? like 7i and higher?

define push out :D and how short of a iron should i be able to swing? like 7i and higher?

Think about the clubhead going on a line back from your target. I would say 6 iron at the longest but 789 would be better since they weigh less and its about control

Think about the clubhead going on a line back from your target. I would say 6 iron at the longest but 789 would be better since they weigh less and its about control

okay great, will work on this EVERY day now untill i get it right, on the picture i posted at top, char schwartzel is the player to the right, what club do you think he is using there?

okay great, will work on this EVERY day now untill i get it right, on the picture i posted at top, char schwartzel is the player to the right, what club do you think he is using there?

5-6-7? I cant tell but its a par 3. Try not to think about swinging like the pro's too much.

5-6-7? I cant tell but its a par 3. Try not to think about swinging like the pro's too much.

why im asking is that, do you think my clubs are to long for me? on my picture, im using a 7i, and maybe it will be easier for me to pick up the club with shorter irons? if charl is using a 7i on that picture, his club is shorter for him, then mine is for me... I really dont want to copy someones swing, but i want to get right on plane, thats why ive picked his swing to compare with...

why im asking is that, do you think my clubs are to long for me? on my picture, im using a 7i, and maybe it will be easier for me to pick up the club with shorter irons? if charl is using a 7i on that picture, his club is shorter for him, then mine is for me... I really dont want to copy someones swing, but i want to get right on plane, thats why ive picked his swing to compare with...

Have you ever been fitted for irons? Do you ever choke up on the club because it feels too long?

Have you ever been fitted for irons? Do you ever choke up on the club because it feels too long?

no i have never been fitted, here in sweden, its super expensive, for example, razr x irons, $1100. So just playing golf is sooooooo expensive here. I choke down on my irons a bit, since ive changed my posture more over the ball

found this on youtube, but he is saying that i SHOULD hit the wall with the club?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXFYIm3TdpU

its in the swing plane :p but yes you will hit it so work on a VERY slow takeaway/backswing so you dont break anything or hurt your clubs. the idea is you want to hit it at a certain point...I would recommend standing off the wall so that you can basically cutoff how far inside you want to go.

its in the swing plane :p but yes you will hit it so work on a VERY slow takeaway/backswing so you dont break anything or hurt your clubs. the idea is you want to hit it at a certain point...I would recommend standing off the wall so that you can basically cutoff how far inside you want to go.

okay, but lets say i stand 1-2 feet away from the wall, then i should not hit the wall? and still be on plane? I want to find the "perfect distance" away from the wall so that i wont hit the wall if im on plane, but if i go a little to the inside, i will hit it

How far way from the wall do you think matches this? with a 7i

2 feet and you shouldnt hit would be my guess...hard when I cant be there lol

btw I was watching more swing vids of you...you have a slight roll from the takeaway and that will help in making you swing more inside then usual. Dont force the clubface to open it will do it on its own during the backswing.

2 feet and you shouldnt hit would be my guess...hard when I cant be there lol

okay, thanks alot :D hope this will work things out...

Will the feel be the same when using lets say a 4i? I mean when picking up the club? It should be the same feel for all the clubs?

okay, thanks alot :D hope this will work things out...

Will the feel be the same when using lets say a 4i? I mean when picking up the club? It should be the same feel for all the clubs?

Longer clubs have longer planes so most likely you would hit the wall with longer clubs. I edited the post right as you posted so check out what I said about your takeaway.

Longer clubs have longer planes so most likely you would hit the wall with longer clubs. I edited the post right as you posted so check out what I said about your takeaway.

okay, you mean that im hing my writs to early? If you hold you grip in front of you, without a club, and hing your wrist straight UP, so your thumbs will get closer to your eyes, but you mean that im hinging my wrists to the right? Dont know if you will get that :p haha

okay, you mean that im hing my writs to early? If you hold you grip in front of you, without a club, and hing your wrist straight UP, so your thumbs will get closer to your eyes, but you mean that im hinging my wrists to the right? Dont know if you will get that :p haha

You are rolling your arms not hinging your wrist

Back