Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

I do love a good unmarked golf ball. I had a few left after the TM testing and I was going to play them down at the last outing. I brought them with me on the Sunday match with JB and One-T but I just never lost the Bridgestone balls so they were not put into play. Stupidly I left them in the golf cart. I was so pissed!!

The ghost white golf ball definitely has some mojo, that's for sure.

Just won't look the same with logos on it, etc.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Yeah and I caught myself really smoothing my swing in hopes of keeping these very straight as not to lose one, haha. I really think that helped in some of the great shots and rounds I hit with this ball.

I do love a good unmarked golf ball. I had a few left after the TM testing and I was going to play them down at the last outing. I brought them with me on the Sunday match with JB and One-T but I just never lost the Bridgestone balls so they were not put into play. Stupidly I left them in the golf cart. I was so pissed!!

Ouch, I know that hurt.

Is it time to start a spoiler thread with peoples guesses as to who makes the ball?

Awesome write ups guys. Im glad everyone is enjoying the ball. Sucks though that everyone seems to be hitting them into the woods but thats no problem. :blob:

Yeah and I caught myself really smoothing my swing in hopes of keeping these very straight as not to lose one, haha. I really think that helped in some of the great shots and rounds I hit with this ball.

Ive been doing the same thing. Really working my game to hit the ball straighter as to not lose one. First ball I lost, I had a pit in my stomach for the next three holes. Felt like someone had come and stolen my dog.

I played Wed. and had a terrible round. The mystery ball decided it was thirsty early in the round and went for a drink on the third hole. With my ball striking being pretty erratic that evening, I chose not to put another into play. I am playing 18 tomorrow and will have another review following the round.

---
- Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Some shots of Ball X after 18 holes:
DSC04093.jpg
DSC04091.jpg
DSC04092.jpg

Before shots:
DSC04018.jpg
DSC04016.jpg
DSC04017.jpg

looks prety solid howzat...

looks prety solid howzat...

+1 to that. Anyone know when the identity of this ball will be revealed? I have heard enough awesome reviews of this ball to be sufficiently intriguied! So excited to try some when I hear what they are!

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Played 18 this morning early, I started off alternating holes with the mystery ball and the new Q-Star. After the front 9 I decided I was just playing better with the mystery ball so the Q-Stars went back in the bag.

I was longer with the mystery ball than the Q-Stars, I had more control around the greens and it just rolled better off my putter. As a few of the other guys have said, I don't know how much of it is the ball and how much of it is me being extra careful not to lose them, but I just seem to hit more fairways and greens with the mystery ball.

I did lose another one today :angry: just off the fairway on a par 5, they had just mowed the rough so they was a lot of "hay" laying there and I just couldn't find it. That only leaves me with 2 mystery balls left :sad:

I really want know what this ball is now, so I can go buy more of them!!

I am a believer in mystery balls!

Played 18 this morning early, I started off alternating holes with the mystery ball and the new Q-Star. After the front 9 I decided I was just playing better with the mystery ball so the Q-Stars went back in the bag.

I was longer with the mystery ball than the Q-Stars, I had more control around the greens and it just rolled better off my putter. As a few of the other guys have said, I don't know how much of it is the ball and how much of it is me being extra careful not to lose them, but I just seem to hit more fairways and greens with the mystery ball.

I did lose another one today :angry: just off the fairway on a par 5, they had just mowed the rough so they was a lot of "hay" laying there and I just couldn't find it. That only leaves me with 2 mystery balls left :sad:

I really want know what this ball is now, so I can go buy more of them!!

I am a believer in mystery balls!

I think a lot of us are believers in them, as well as very excited to find out what brand/model this ball is.

+1 to that. Anyone know when the identity of this ball will be revealed? I have heard enough awesome reviews of this ball to be sufficiently intriguied! So excited to try some when I hear what they are!

---

I don't think a definate time has been given, I am leaning towards the announcement being made when the September newsletter comes out.

I don't think a definate time has been given, I am leaning towards the announcement being made when the September newsletter comes out.

Agreed. Thats my guess as well.

Was at the range this morning and I found some interesting things around the putting green. Made my observations from around 6 feet with the E6, Z Star, and test ball. Spent about 15 minutes with this test.

I had previously only rolled the Z Star indoors. This was my first chance to hit it on real grass. What surprised me was the Z Star rolled almost as aggressively as the E6. I was shocked actually. The E6 still likes to go go go on the green. It is the quickest while putting indoors and on the grass. The Z Star was 2nd quickest on the grass and the slowest indoors. The test ball is the slowest on the greens and 2nd fastest indoors. I don't' know what to make of it.

I can say that the test ball will roll slower than an E6 in almost every situation.

The test ball + my stroke + the Backstryke is working very well. I can safely trust my read and go at it without worrying too much about blowing it too far past the hole. Really hugs the line quite well.

Since I was playing so poorly during my E6 v Test Ball shootout I couldn't use that round to make a decision. If I had to decide right now it would be the test ball.

Oh good call. I'm so excited. As soon as the announcement is made I'm buying a dozen of these suckers! The testers have me convinced that these balls rule!

---

I hit a few putts today with the mystery ball and the q-stars.....mystery ball first, the tried the same stroke with Q-star, the mystery ball would end up right around the cup and the q-star 2-3 feet PAST!

The q-star JUMPED off my putter and seemed to just keep Rolling!

Oh good call. I'm so excited. As soon as the announcement is made I'm buying a dozen of these suckers! The testers have me convinced that these balls rule!

---

Hmmmm, I wonder if JB would give us testers a heads up what OEM the mystery ball is from a few hours before the announcement, that way I can buy stock in the company and makes me some money on the mad rush of sales they are going to see from THPers buying a butt load of balls! :D

I hit a few putts today with the mystery ball and the q-stars.....mystery ball first, the tried the same stroke with Q-star, the mystery ball would end up right around the cup and the q-star 2-3 feet PAST!

The q-star JUMPED off my putter and seemed to just keep Rolling!

Haven't hit the Q Star. But, I can now see how the test ball would initially roll slower for some people. At this point I am willing to give away a few yards of perceived driver distance loss in favor of the benefits I have seen thus far.

I think its either a new Bridgestone offering or the TM Penta 322 based on the pictures above...just saying!

I think its either a new Bridgestone offering or the TM Penta 322 based on the pictures above...just saying!

It can't be the new Penta 322. This ball has 330 dimples as posted some time before.

---
- Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Played another round this morning with the Mystery Ball. Shot a 41/39; 80 today. No birdies, 8 bogeys. 33 putts.

I have been teeing the ball much lower than I have in the past, nothing ball specific, but just feels better to me when I made the change a week or so ago. Felt as if I was compressing the ball well today, and hit 11/14 fairways. My fairway shots were a struggle today, the course was absolutely soaked due to the nasty storm we had yesterday. With it being so saturated out there, it was touch to get a clean hit on the ball. On the shots I hit well with my irons, distance was still outstanding. Short game with this ball still continues to do wonders. Even with the wetness of the greens, this ball was still able to be worked well depending on the type of shot hit. Had 33 putts today, everything was left short, with the wetness of the green, it didnt matter how hard I hit it, the water just stopped it.

Not the best day to test the ball, but i've been playing this ball for a little over 3 weeks now, and have enjoyed every minute of it. The ball works great for my game, especially with the short irons and wedges. Really looking forward to the announcement of this ball, as I am looking forward to more rounds with it in the future. Could it be a ball on the market? Sure. Is it a new ball? Possibly. One thing is for sure, it has given me a huge insight into what it takes to choose a ball that works for my game. No ads, no marketing, have to play it, and let the results I see decide for me.

Nice War. So, is the test ball your ball of choice now? I am having a hard time saying it's not for me.

Good job WE, I'm going to try and get out this afternoon my usual Sunday morning game got cancelled due to a charity tournament on the course.

Back