Recap - The Morgan Cup [Spoilers]

JB doesn't hug, hell, he even barely says good bye. He's the effin wow factor.

Its a whole personal space thing. I really am not big on hugging.

There certainly were a lot of bro hugs Monday morning. I think One-T actually pinched my butt too.

I'm with you CB, no bro hug from JB. I think I got a handshake but I really don't even remember. Just for that I'm going to bro hug the crap out of him at the next outing because I feel jilted.

That prolly wont happen...lolz...[my bridges tribute]

Now that is funny! I love it dude, absolutely love it.

JB might be mad that I made him hug my moisture wicking self there on the 15th green but too bad, I wanted a hug after every putt but he stayed far away from me around the greens.

Only one of us was on the green...hehe

Now that is funny! I love it dude, absolutely love it.

JB might be mad that I made him hug my moisture wicking self there on the 15th green but too bad, I wanted a hug after every putt but he stayed far away from me around the greens.

HAHAHAHA. I can just picture you chasing him down. You played great out there all weekend Jake.

Like a border crossing! Pow! I bro hugged a bunch down there. I bro hugged my woman when I got home.

Ha! Any women that loves a bro hug is a keeper. Lots of bro hugs for sure. There was a lot of love in those condos which was really cool I lost track who was on who's team because everyone just meshed so well.

Hey guys... long video. Love it if everyone could listen/watch it all lol. Had some shoutouts and didnt want to miss anyone. Don't make fun of me haha. It took 7 hrs to upload cause the playbook is slow...

[YOUTUBE]x_FGnrFPBBU[/YOUTUBE]

freaking awesome video yoccos buddy. glad we got to share a round, and even more importantly we got to bond. consider you one of my brothers too.

DirectTV is here - so my internet is going down. but ill post more later definately!

That prolly wont happen...lolz...[my bridges tribute]

lolz it prolly will. You just don't know it.

CG13's Pics

CG13's Pics

Here's a few pics from the MC - i tried to grab some - while i am organizing them all into albums.

hopefully done tonight - but the stupid DirectTV guys have to come back tomorrow and finish and I head back to work.

Want this to be good, so thanks for hanging in there- your patience is appreciated.

IMG_5384.jpg

CG13 teeing off

IMG_5360.jpg

Cg13 lining up a putt in the rain - with a sweet jacket

IMG_5254.jpg

practice rounds at grand cypress

IMG_5257.jpg

practice rounds at grand cypress

IMG_5242.jpg

Captain Lefty "TC" and "OEM KEV"

IMG_5198.jpg

Practice Round, Palmer Course, Weds AM - Esox, CG13, Biggsy

IMG_5217.jpg

Practice Round, Palmer Course, Weds AM - Esox, CG13, Biggsy
waiting out the rain

ill post more when i have better organization

Great pics Matt! Man I wanna go back, can't we just do that all day every day instead of work?

Great pics Matt! Man I wanna go back, can't we just do that all day every day instead of work?

I wish dude. We need our own reality TV show or something.

I cant wait to read everybody elses' recap. Some awesome writeups, that is for sure.

Thanks for sharing the pics CG!

So here we all are, back in our homes, settling into our daily rituals reminiscing of the past week and what it has brought to each of us.

The event of a golfer’s dream has come to an end, and that weekend we spent in Florida together will forever be etched into our collective memories.

To JB and GG, Josh and Morgan, to whom the entire event was named; I cannot express in words what this has meant to me. From the first unveiling of the details, to the lottery of participants, selection of teams, organizing of sponsors, and drawing of matches – this has been the greatest weekend of golf I have ever had the pleasure of associating myself with. I hope you realize how you changed our lives for the better with this. Your vision and creativity is without limits, we are all so very lucky to consider you our friends. I hope in the future I can somehow repay this to you, and should you ever need anything, do not hesitate to ask.

To the Sponsors: TaylorMade and Callaway – absolutely unbelievable commitment on your behalf. You provided us with top of the line equipment, apparel, and accessories that gave us the tools and equipment to compete in the match play event of a lifetime. I think I can say without question that you have customers for life. Your attention to detail and small touches made this event what it was, and what many will never be able to touch in comparison.

To the participants – I am honored to have shared such an experience with all of you. I hope you feel the same way as I do towards all of you. There was not a single guy down there I would not jump at the chance to share a cart with, or a course with, or a round of golf with in the future. You are all my brothers in golf whether you like it or not! Hahhaa

Team Paradise: What a freaking tremendous opening round! If I read the score recaps correct you were all down early but kept your heads in it – and battled back to mount an almost insurmountable lead at the end of day 1. You guys worked hard, and proved you were the best team. Congratulations on winning the FIRST MORGAN CUP!

Team Hackers: It was truly an honor going into battle with each and every one of you. I hope we come out of this with the mentality we are stronger people for fighting back the way we did on Sunday singles – it took a lot of strength to keep our heads up after day 1 – but we kept those matches close and battled through it. I would go into matches with each and every one of you again.

To the Volunteers: Without you all - none of this would have been as special as it was. The live feeds, the videos, the interviews, the pictures - everything you so selfishly devoted your time too - in florida heat and humidity no less! - enabled the rest of the Forum that we call family - to watch and follow from the comfort of their homes. You guys showed why this community is so special by giving needlessly to make this event a possibility.

To GolferGal: you have to be the most amazing, unselfish, dedicated, driven, astonishing, and kind person i have ever met. I cannot believe the lengths you went to accomade us - and to have to deal with 16 guys on a regular, daily basis... my mind cannot wrap around what you did. The event was amazing, one I know ill never forget - and it was SPECIAL because of how you envisioned and ran with it. You truly are one of a kind - and i only hope i can be 1/10th the person you are someday.

This concludes Part1! Part 2 (individuals) will be completed tomorrow!

Seems it's safe to say everybody was blown away by the experience. I bet I told five strangers about it in the airport and also talked to the guy next to me on the plane. Went to Golfsmith tonight and was raving about it. I like everybody's run down of each participant. I'm going to do it, too. As one of the guys who had never attended an outing, I was coming in cold. It turned out better than I expected.

Team Hackers:

Coolbreeze-My fellow lefty and I traded quite a few PMs prior to the event discussing our TM choices. We spent a lot of time side by side during media day, and we chatted some at the townhouses. I believe I would give him the "Second Sweatiest" award on media day. I'll let those who watched decide who was first. I regret we didn't have a chance to play together, even if he does have a crazy accent.

DirtyDawg67-Cool guy, cool golf swing, and cool sideburns. I figured I would like him when I saw those burns. He probably likes rockabilly music, and doesn't even know it. I shared the scramble round with him, and then he knocked me around a little bit at the end of our singles match. He's an interesting guy. I enjoyed spending the time competing with him.

JRod-I think the tall guy and I hit it off pretty well. I appreciate his intensity and honesty. Another guy I wish I could have teed it up with. I suspect that may be a theme in this post. We ran into each other at the airport, and it was fun killing an hour or so with him and his wife before heading home. I hope we make that October round happen, buddy. I'll bring the granola bars.

ADWillingham-Sorry to say it Donne, but you're a big sweetheart. Some guys are truly nice, and Donne is one of them. He finds the damn fairway with that left to right fade. Yoccos and I had to play our best to hold AD and DD67 off in the scramble. We shot -4 and they held on through 17.

CG13-Mr. Energy. Wow. He goes and goes and goes. He also seems like the kind of guy that would do anything for anybody. He was kind enough to wait for me to arrive late Tuesday so he could give me my irons. The irons he had driven out of his way to pick up at JB's and GG's. He probably deserves more thanks than he got for shopping and cooking. I shared a practice round with him on Wednesday at Reunion. I'm going to make a couple comments about his golf game, and I apologize in advance if it offends him. Matt, buddy, you have a pretty damn good golf swing. You need to stop thinking and start playing golf. Get off the range and on the golf course. Stop staring every shot down like it's the last one you'll ever make. Honest to God, your swing is fine. Stop thinking so much, and you'll start scoring. I guarantee it.

OEMKevin-I regret he and I didn't converse quite as much I would have liked. Even though we played a match against each other. For a smaller type fellow, he certainly can destroy a rack of ribs. Another apology beforehand. I know you love buying golf clubs, but dude, you have a decent swing, too. Stick with something.

JB-He's the man. You could tell he was pulled in 20 directions. It was hard for him to play when he also wanted to be helping run the event. The one thing that oozes from JB is passion. About the game, about THP, and about those who were playing in his event. It was so evident he wanted everyone to have a good time. It went well, JB. I think so at least. Sorry about that downhill bomb, but you have to admit, I left a couple short birdies out there, too.

TC-The giant. The bear. Warm, funny, loud, profane. Like me at his age, only larger and with more facial hair. Another regret is not teeing it up with this man. He's the heart of THP membership. You da, man, Gomer. You da, man.

Team Paradise:

biggsy-The Captain. Sometimes The Colonel. A real gentleman. A thoughtful guy from what I saw while playing a practice round with him. This event meant a lot to him, to the point where he took some heat for it. I'm glad he has The Cup.

One-T-Funny, funny, funny. Weird how the Calloway boys remind me of myself. I loved being around him, and we had a great time on the range. I'm glad the crop dust didn't cause a rash.

ddec-My best ball partner. We had some fun fending off JB. He drives the ball really straight. He didn't tell me much about himself, unfortunately. I hope to get to know him better at some point in the future. Enjoy your wedding. Being married is the best.

Jake-You're crazy, buddy, and I love it. Jake can make fun himself, one of my favorite traits in a person. He can also be pretty intense. Went home monkey free, which rocks. Get back to Cheeseland soon. This time we play golf if I have to kidnap you from your family.

The Belbs-Got to spend a lot of time with the The Belbs on and off the course on Wednesday. Believe it or not, he does hit it long. His go for broke style on the golf course is a joy to watch. He should learn to hit a knockdown shot after those 330 yard drives. lol. Not every shot has to bring rain. My God, they sound like jets taking off.

Ary-My other practice round partner. Such a nice guy. And such a nice family. I hit it off with his Dad instantly. The pride his family has in him is written all over their faces. That they were there cheering us all on was really, really neat. Ary, you have a beautiful swing. The finish is PGA quality. There are some fine rounds of golf in your future, there's no doubt about that.

Yoccos-Last but by no means the least. My scramble partner. All awesome, all the time. He's the tortilla to my cheese. Playing the scramble with young Yoccos was the highlight of my week. He is the guy that "gets it". We put up a little -4, and the dude was right there when I needed him, but more than that he enjoys every shot he hits, every moment on the golf course. I would tee it up with him anytime, anywhere.

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I was of the guys that had their wives, and in Ary's case, his whole family there. That was so great.

Finally, GG. What a gal. I know he does, because he told me he does, bu JB should thank his lucky stars every minute of every day.

Kevin

Esox I'm sorry I missed this earlier. Thank you for sharing:worship::turtle::terror:

Last edited:
that first pic is sick! I know Nikki was out taking pics like crazy this weekend.

DirtyDog and Esox those were some great writeups this morning, and last night I tried to watch Yoccos' video but I got something in my eye. You're the man buddy.

I did too and I wasn't even there. I :love: Marc Awesome

Just got through all of these posts and recaps (and of course the videos). Great stuff.

I still have the Yoccos video going . . . still have about 5 minutes left in it! hahaha

Nice write up CG! You have so much talent it's ridiculous, you just have to believe in and trust yourself buddy. And always remember, set it at the top!!!!

I did too and I wasn't even there. I :love: Marc Awesome

:) Man, I wish we could all be there again.

Just got through all of these posts and recaps (and of course the videos). Great stuff.

I still have the Yoccos video going . . . still have about 5 minutes left in it! hahaha

Lol. Sorry dude, I couldnt help it haha.

I'm gonna start hitting up the equipment threads. what a blast. Im still living in last week :)

So here we all are, back in our homes, settling into our daily rituals reminiscing of the past week and what it has brought to each of us.

The event of a golfer’s dream has come to an end, and that weekend we spent in Florida together will forever be etched into our collective memories.

To JB and GG, Josh and Morgan, to whom the entire event was named; I cannot express in words what this has meant to me. From the first unveiling of the details, to the lottery of participants, selection of teams, organizing of sponsors, and drawing of matches – this has been the greatest weekend of golf I have ever had the pleasure of associating myself with. I hope you realize how you changed our lives for the better with this. Your vision and creativity is without limits, we are all so very lucky to consider you our friends. I hope in the future I can somehow repay this to you, and should you ever need anything, do not hesitate to ask.

To the Sponsors: TaylorMade and Callaway – absolutely unbelievable commitment on your behalf. You provided us with top of the line equipment, apparel, and accessories that gave us the tools and equipment to compete in the match play event of a lifetime. I think I can say without question that you have customers for life. Your attention to detail and small touches made this event what it was, and what many will never be able to touch in comparison.

To the participants – I am honored to have shared such an experience with all of you. I hope you feel the same way as I do towards all of you. There was not a single guy down there I would not jump at the chance to share a cart with, or a course with, or a round of golf with in the future. You are all my brothers in golf whether you like it or not! Hahhaa

Team Paradise: What a freaking tremendous opening round! If I read the score recaps correct you were all down early but kept your heads in it – and battled back to mount an almost insurmountable lead at the end of day 1. You guys worked hard, and proved you were the best team. Congratulations on winning the FIRST MORGAN CUP!

Team Hackers: It was truly an honor going into battle with each and every one of you. I hope we come out of this with the mentality we are stronger people for fighting back the way we did on Sunday singles – it took a lot of strength to keep our heads up after day 1 – but we kept those matches close and battled through it. I would go into matches with each and every one of you again.

To the Volunteers: Without you all - none of this would have been as special as it was. The live feeds, the videos, the interviews, the pictures - everything you so selfishly devoted your time too - in florida heat and humidity no less! - enabled the rest of the Forum that we call family - to watch and follow from the comfort of their homes. You guys showed why this community is so special by giving needlessly to make this event a possibility.

To GolferGal: you have to be the most amazing, unselfish, dedicated, driven, astonishing, and kind person i have ever met. I cannot believe the lengths you went to accomade us - and to have to deal with 16 guys on a regular, daily basis... my mind cannot wrap around what you did. The event was amazing, one I know ill never forget - and it was SPECIAL because of how you envisioned and ran with it. You truly are one of a kind - and i only hope i can be 1/10th the person you are someday.

This concludes Part1! Part 2 (individuals) will be completed tomorrow!

Great write up dude. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait for the individual ones!

Hey guys... long video. Love it if everyone could listen/watch it all lol. Had some shoutouts and didnt want to miss anyone. Don't make fun of me haha. It took 7 hrs to upload cause the playbook is slow...

[YOUTUBE]x_FGnrFPBBU[/YOUTUBE]

Good recap buddy!!! I enjoyed that!

Nice write up CG! You have so much talent it's ridiculous, you just have to believe in and trust yourself buddy. And always remember, set it at the top!!!!

That's a great swing thought captain; helped me in those stressful situations.

I need to work on speeding up the pre shot; backswing, and address.

This weekend helped me learn a lot.

I have one more thank you to post and that's to the volunteers. You all did a fantastic job this past weekend! Tadashi was awesome to have behind the camera and you managed to calm me down a bit. You even got one of my hanks' on video, lol. You are a great dude and it was a pleasure to meet you. SW, SethO, Spank, and Caleb all did amazing jobs filming everyone all around Reunion. You guys got some great shots and were a blast to be interviewed by. Danny and Seth hung out at the condos afterwards and we all had a great time drinking a few beers and talking. Danny has some great stories from living near the everglades. I look forward to seeing you all again at the outing. Thanks again guys!

I've had my recap video done since this morning but for some reason I'm having issues getting it uploaded to YouTube. Not sure what's going on but soon as it gets done it'll be up. Really enjoyed all the recaps so far.

There really has been some great recaps and you guys bring the matches, events, etc. to life for the rest of us. Great job!

Back