Your Top 3 Drivers

vman

Reaction score
Handicap
pro
Okay so I`d like to hear your top 3 selection of drivers you have owned,make,loft,length and shaft fitted.Not just the longest but the best combination of accuracy and distance,the drivers that you could rely on to get you out there but also on or close to the short stuff.Here`s mine:
1.Cleveland Launcher 400 9.5 45" Grafalloy Blue Stiff.Unbelivable combo,penetrating flight and a fairway finder,still miss it.
2.Nike SQ Tour 9.5 45" Grafalloy Prolaunch Red Stiff.Just flat out accurate,great feel,easy to shape,a solid driver.
3.Cobra s9.1 Pro D 10.5 45.5" Mitsubishi Rayon Blueboard 73 X Stiff.Wow,a big hitting bomber that is easy to shape.Low spinning driver with a deep face,for me Cobra`s best ever driver.
I`ve tested a lot of new drivers which are great but these are the top 3 for overall performance that I`ve owned.I still have numbers 2 and 3.

When I hit the Cobra S9.1 F-Speed, I stopped looking at Drivers. I have two. A 10.5 with UST V2 shaft and a 9.5 with Aldila NV shaft. I like light shafts - preferably around 55g. These clubs for me are accurate and I can work them into a fade or draw. Sometimes if I overswing I can get inaccurate, but if I keep it under control, the clubs are just consistent.

Only two that I've ever really "loved":

Current: Srixon Z-Star with Miyazaki Dromos 61g stiff. I love everything about it. Very consistent, forgiving, plenty of distance, great look, feel, and sound. Nothing I don't like about it at all.

Past: Titleist 975D with EI70 stiff. Back in the day I could bomb that driver. Never hit a driver longer, but I was 20 years old and hit everything longer back then. :)

Well I've only ever gamed two drivers...

First was the Nike Sumo SQ 2 with the stock Diamana regular flex shaft. It's loud and like swinging a shoebox, but man what a forgiving driver...

I'm currently gaming the Adams 9088 UL with the Matrix Radix stiff flex shaft. Not as forgiving as the Nike, but when I catch it, I'm hitting them well further. Still taming this one. :D

Mizuno MP-600 9.5* Mitsubishi Rayon stiff
Mizuno MX-560 10.5* (dont recall what shaft it had)
Taylormade R7 10.5 Fujikura Motore stiff
Im a big fan of Mizunos, even their drivers and I find them very easy clubs to hit well. The TM was really nice too but it just didnt have the pop to it of some other drivers that Ive owned.

Current; Ping K15 with stock Ping 52g TFC 149D in soft regular. 12 degrees and 44 inches. Best driver I have ever owned and in 35 years of playing, I've owned a bunch.

Past; Callaway FT-9 i-mix. I had Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki 60 i-mix shafts in both regular & stiff. 13 degrees and 45 inches. Great driver. I hit a lot of fairways with this one.

Past; Callaway Big Bertha titanium 454. 13 degrees with a stock 45 inch shaft. Great driver at the time.

I would add the Heavy driver I am currently test for the forum in my current lineup as well. Not a perfect match for me in the OTR setup, but a good driver none the less.

Current #1 is my Cleveland XL 270 9*

My second fave is the Titleist 910 D2 9.5* /with either the Ahina or RIP 60a

My best before testing all the new ones was my Titleist 905s 8.5* /Graf blue

Only 3? Can't do it.

1: Ping K15, 10 loft, DI-7 Shaft
2: Nike Mach Speed JDM, 9.5 loft, DI-7 Shaft
3: Cobra S3, 10.5, Kiyoshi shaft
4: 910 D2 with aftermarket Kai'li
5: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour
6: Callaway Razr Hawk Tour, 10.5, Diamana Ilima

Despite hitting drivers like poo I love tinkering with them and various shaft combo's.

Only 1.

R7 425 9.5 loft with weights setup on high trajectory. Has an Aldila NV 65-S Shaft in it. Thing works like a charm. Don't think i will replace it anytime soon and i have had it for quite a while now.

From Best to worst:

1) Nike Machspeed Black W/ Aldila RIP
2) Nike Dymo Stock
3) Cobra L4V Stock

Only 1 that I have had that I would consider a top driver, that's my current one; Srixon Z-Star.

1. Ping K15 in my sig
2. Original Adams Redline, can't recall the shaft, it was stock
3. TM Midsize System 2 with a TT S200 shaft. Used that thing forever.

1.) Cleveland XL 270

2.) Talormade '07' Burner

3.) Talormade 360 with a Fuji Speeder 757... Laser beams...

1- Titleist 910 D2 9.5 with Diamana Kali (power fade machine, long and reliably accurate)
2- Callaway FT-5 Tour Neutral 9.5 with Aldila NVS-65 (longest driver I've ever hit)
3- Titleist 909 D2 9.5 with Diamana Blue (similar to the 910 with a bit less accuracy)

In no particular order....

PING K15
Nike VR Pro Str8Fit
Callaway FT-Tour

TM Burner Bubble--First driver that I really started to smash. I was routinely 20-30 yards behind my group until I got this driver. Funny thing is I was playing with a foursome this year and one of the guys had this driver. I had already hit my 910 out there and I asked if I could hit his Burner. I hit it right beside the first drive.

Callaway Hawkeye VFT Titanium--Still the most accurate driver I've ever owned. I picked up 30 yards with this thing. I still miss it

Titleist 910 D2--Best driver since the Hawkeye. I'm not the longest with it but this thing is deadly accurate.

1. Cleveland XL 10.5/ Gold Shaft (right down the middle every time)
2. Cobra L5V 9.5/ Motre F3 (All my longest drives were made with this)
3. Adams G4 Ultralite 12/ Bassara (just started with it, but really loving the feel, and accuracy)

I'm gonna list (4) that I have had and loved:
1. R7 TP w/ pro launch S
2. R9 TP w/ Diamana Black S
3. Callaway Great Big with Ei70 S
3. Callaway warbird w/ Ei70 S

All 10 - 10.5 in loft

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

1. Walter Hagen AWS. I had the original green one. It was my first driver. I didn't play very seriously when I had it.
2. Taylormade Burner Superfast. I played it for about 3 months.
3. Taylormade R9 460. By far my favorite driver. I'm still gaming it.

ive really only gamed two drivers.....

i have the TM superfast 2.0 right now and im still getting used to it, but when i catch it, it goes forever

my old driver was the PING G5 and i loved it. very long and big sweet spot

1) Nicklaus ML4 (call me a suckup/homer if you want b/c I'm testing, but the testing has proved this BEYOND a doubt to me)

2) Nickent 4DX/4DX Evolver (maybe THE most underrated driver out there IMO, it can still compete with anything and was designed by the man himself, Hoefy!)

3) Taylormade SuperTri (lot the longest for me but very accurate, still can't touch the ML4 though)

My three favs: My current one, the Cleveland Launcher 12*; Nickent Evolver 10.5*; and finally the first driver I could ever hit decent, a $25 Northwestern from Kmart.

Speaking of the Nickent 4DX Evolver, Kingdom59 selling for only $67 with decent shafts as well !

Back