Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

Still time to get your name in the mix for testing.

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

I just came home from my first range session with my new Eidolon wedges. Three words... HOLY FREAKIN' WOW!!!

After my first experience swinging their wares, I feel like I must test these new clubs!

Come on man, I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but no way now, lol. My score needs Scor!

JB is going to have a lot of sorting through this thread to pick out the lucky few.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

As has been said. This testing is possibly going to be the most detailed IMO of all the tests that I've seen on THP. Good luck to everyone. This has me seriously intrigued. Love the fact that you can buy these and then as long as the grooves stay good you will save money on iron sets down the line.

After doing more reading and their scorfit on the website I am pretty excited to hear about these wedges. These were the results it gave me:
SCOR4161 5 Club Set

SCOR4161 41° - 121-125 Yards
SCOR4161 45° - 110-114 Yards
SCOR4161 49° - 100-104 Yards
SCOR4161 53° - 91-95 Yards
SCOR4161 57° - 82-86 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set

SCOR4161 42° - 118-122 Yards
SCOR4161 47° - 105-109 Yards
SCOR4161 52° - 93-97 Yards
SCOR4161 57° - 83-87 Yards
GENIUS Short Game Shaft

GENIUS Short Game Shaft:
GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)

GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm Flex

I could see myself potentially picking up a 3 or 4 club setup with these wedges or the eidolon v-soles.

As has been said. This testing is possibly going to be the most detailed IMO of all the tests that I've seen on THP. Good luck to everyone. This has me seriously intrigued. Love the fact that you can buy these and then as long as the grooves stay good you will save money on iron sets down the line.

Excellently put CL. This one is big time and I really hope no one takes it lightly.

Come on man, I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but no way now, lol. My score needs Scor!

I played my first full round with the new wedges today. My short game is far from perfect, and the Eidolon wedges that I bought weren't the silver bullet, but I will say this emphatically... I hit more quality shots with these wedges than I EVER have in one round EVER!!! I really only had two truly bad wedge shots all day. I did not say the others were all perfect, and I am still trying to learn the flights of them. But only two truly poor shots is beyond expectation for me. Poor shot #1 was a fatted chip that I just swung poorly at. Poor shot number two was a shot that I really had no business even attempting. Heck, Yorkem was trying to talk me out of it right up until my back swing. Severe downhill lie in 5" deep cabbage. I could barely see the ball... I played a 54* about 4" behind my back foot, and caught it a bit thick. The ball splashed 8 feet in front of me never to be seen again, but when I go back to that hole I will try that shot again if pace of play permits.

The bright side of these wedges (again, these are last years) is truly the V-Sole. I hit right many 58* little touch shots that ended close. I never used to use my LW from tight lies because, well frankly I sucked with it from tight lies! Today I was dropping them in close for the most part. I still have a learning curve with them, but I would gladly set them aside knowing that the ScorGolf clubs have the same sole grind.

I apologize to everyone for going in a slight tangent on the Eidolon Wedges when this is a thread for the Scor system, but I thought it prudent that folks know a little about what their previous wedges are capable of. I am admittedly a horrible golfer, that just loves to play. I know my opinions on clubs and other stuff may not count to some folks here, but this stuff is the shizzle!!!

Excellently put CL. This one is big time and I really hope no one takes it lightly.

I'm not sure if I've said this yet but I agree completely. This review process will possibly require more work than any test previous to it. You have to either love the short game, or want BADLY to become better at it! I believe the amount of work that this test will require will surpass most expectations. We're talking 4 or 5 specialty clubs. Clubs that all of us hit more than anything else in the bag second only to the putter.

I played my first full round with the new wedges today. My short game is far from perfect, and the Eidolon wedges that I bought weren't the silver bullet, but I will say this emphatically... I hit more quality shots with these wedges than I EVER have in one round EVER!!! I really only had two truly bad wedge shots all day. I did not say the others were all perfect, and I am still trying to learn the flights of them. But only two truly poor shots is beyond expectation for me. Poor shot #1 was a fatted chip that I just swung poorly at. Poor shot number two was a shot that I really had no business even attempting. Heck, Yorkem was trying to talk me out of it right up until my back swing. Severe downhill lie in 5" deep cabbage. I could barely see the ball... I played a 54* about 4" behind my back foot, and caught it a bit thick. The ball splashed 8 feet in front of me never to be seen again, but when I go back to that hole I will try that shot again if pace of play permits.

The bright side of these wedges (again, these are last years) is truly the V-Sole. I hit right many 58* little touch shots that ended close. I never used to use my LW from tight lies because, well frankly I sucked with it from tight lies! Today I was dropping them in close for the most part. I still have a learning curve with them, but I would gladly set them aside knowing that the ScorGolf clubs have the same sole grind.

I apologize to everyone for going in a slight tangent on the Eidolon Wedges when this is a thread for the Scor system, but I thought it prudent that folks know a little about what their previous wedges are capable of. I am admittedly a horrible golfer, that just loves to play. I know my opinions on clubs and other stuff may not count to some folks here, but this stuff is the shizzle!!!

which wedges did you play before? Im interested in the v-sole and how it reacts in the sand. Did you hit any sand shots? What bounce was your previous sand wedge.

1. What wedges do you normally play? A Taylormade racTP satin 52, and a Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? As far as I know yes.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? The right amount of bounce for around the greens or in the rough, and filling in my distance gaps.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Same ball with each club, comparing each club to its test club from various lies. Fairway, light bermuda, heavy bermuda, that awful mix of sand/rough, soggy fairway, soggy rough, wet sand, soft sand, firm sand. Then back it out to half swing and full swing yardages to test flight, spin, and distance. Posts would be split up between the short game area vs half and full swing, just so it's not one massive blob of text.

I'm not sure if I've said this yet but I agree completely. This review process will possibly require more work than any test previous to it. You have to either love the short game, or want BADLY to become better at it! I believe the amount of work that this test will require will surpass most expectations. We're talking 4 or 5 specialty clubs. Clubs that all of us hit more than anything else in the bag second only to the putter.

This system would be perfect for the Pelz system IMO. Good god you would have 45 set distances. I just about have it down right now and it's been clicking. Add these wedges and it would be crazy. I can't wait to start reading these reviews

1. What wedges do you normally play? Taylormade and Cleveland.
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No, never had a fitting.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4, Taylormade R7 PW and AW, RAC 56* (12* bounce) and Cleveland CG12 56* (8* bounce)
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I prefer a heavier head and maybe a dual bounce club. I carry two 56*'s one for sand (CG) and the RAC for 100 yards in. I love the Cleveland out of sand but the 8* bounce I cant get the distance I want from 100 yards. Its almost the opposite of what bounce does for most for me.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I just joined a club today with unlimited range time. I always spend around 75 balls a session on wedge play. 100 yards and in is crucial to score improvement and around the green. I would not change my wedge routine at range sessions so this is what I do. I always start with my RAC 56* hitting full shots. Than I work to 3/4 shots, 1/2 shots, than I pick a spot for 30-50 foot shots. I will hit pitch,chip and flop shots. Now at my club I have a practice bunker to use so that will add another 25 balls to my routine. I always start with my 56* than work to AW, PW than 8 iron, 6 iron, 4 iron and so on. I am on THP every day, not as long now as I have a new job as a government construction rep but the long hours will end in 2 weeks when school lets back in. I absolutely love the reviews and banter here. Best forum going when your passion is golf.

Thanks again THP.

which wedges did you play before? Im interested in the v-sole and how it reacts in the sand. Did you hit any sand shots? What bounce was your previous sand wedge.

PM sent, we (I mean I) are getting slightly off topic.

I've been reading more and more on the SCOR Website... and I am just as interested in the 'SCOR System' as I am the actual wedges. I'm curious to see what techniques they encourage to maximize scoring. I'm glad we have THPers on this one... testing is going to have to be thorough to review everything involved.

I'm more anxious than ever to hear what our testers find... Anything to improve my scoring I am more than interested in...

all i know is that its gonna take something big to take my vokeys out of my bag

You know testing one club is one thing. Testing 4 or 5 will be something into itself. It will be like a whole set of new irons. Getting the feel, distances, various shots in all types of conditions. I expect the test thread to be filled with as many questions as there are reviews.

---

You know testing one club is one thing. Testing 4 or 5 will be something into itself. It will be like a whole set of new irons. Getting the feel, distances, various shots in all types of conditions. I expect the test thread to be filled with as many questions as there are reviews.

---

+1 here. i agree and as much hard work as its gonna be to go test the clubs, imagine how difficult it will be to take notes and write a review on all 4 or 5 clubs for the review thread lol tough task but ill sure do it

I love my eidolons out if the sand. Fluffy lie I open up the face and it bounces out nice and high. Wet sand I'll close the face a little and blast it out. Great spin out of bunkers. Couldn't ask for a better set of scoring clubs.

So that being said I look forward to the scor testing. Can't wait to see what people think!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.221412,-76.801203
- iOS using Tapatalk

---

This is precisely WHY I want to be a tester for this. I was thinking about this test at the course today (fact is I haven't stopped thinking about this test since I saw the announcement). We all enjoy hitting the long ball, crushing it out there as far as we can, whatever that length is. The difference is, some of us hit driver 200, 250, 300. I'm in the middle but when I read about someone routinely poking it out 280-300 I can no longer relate to the tester. With this test, it's more about KNOWING your distance. I hit my 9i 135-140, someone else may hit it 145-150 or 125-130. I don't believe these clubs are being touted to add distance. Rather, this is more about closing gaps and adding control where it counts. So, as I played today, I saw in my minds eye playing rounds where I didn't even hit driver or anything else until I was within the threshold of these clubs. I mean literally skipping the tee box all together and running up to within the scoring range, then dropping balls at 130-75 and spending quality time on those shots from different lies.

This is precisely WHY I want to be a tester for this. I was thinking about this test at the course today (fact is I haven't stopped thinking about this test since I saw the announcement). We all enjoy hitting the long ball, crushing it out there as far as we can, whatever that length is. The difference is, some of us hit driver 200, 250, 300. I'm in the middle but when I read about someone routinely poking it out 280-300 I can no longer relate to the tester. With this test, it's more about KNOWING your distance. I hit my 9i 135-140, someone else may hit it 145-150 or 125-130. I don't believe these clubs are being touted to add distance. Rather, this is more about closing gaps and adding control where it counts. So, as I played today, I saw in my minds eye playing rounds where I didn't even hit driver or anything else until I was within the threshold of these clubs. I mean literally skipping the tee box all together and running up to within the scoring range, then dropping balls at 130-75 and spending quality time on those shots from different lies.

If you skip the tee box all together, wouldnt that just defeat the purpose of testing these wedge on the course to see how they help your score or improve your game?

I understand going to the practice area and dialing in these wedges for accuracy and distance. But to me, reviewing is much more than that, it is about how a club/ball/equipment cant improve your total round/game and help you and others get better.

If you skip the tee box all together, wouldnt that just defeat the purpose of testing these wedge on the course to see how they help your score or improve your game?

I understand going to the practice area and dialing in these wedges for accuracy and distance. But to me, reviewing is much more than that, it is about how a club/ball/equipment cant improve your total round/game and help you and others get better.

I did not mean to imply that I would do that every time I went out. Only that on occasion I would do that. I agree with you that these are meant to improve the overall game. However as I have read through reviews of other clubs, especially single clubs, I have been a little disappointed to read a review that includes an entire round played and only one or two shots played with the specific club. Perhaps an example:

I hit driver to 150, and then hit 8i to the green missing slightly left. I chipped on with XYZ test club from 6' off the green and putted out.

Sounds like a nice round to me, but there is not much there that tells me about the club I want to read about. Going to the range we can learn a bunch about our distances and trajectories, but we all know that the range and the course are two different animals. Range = flat lie. Real world = no such thing as a flat lie.

Again while I agree that a setup like this is designed to help the overall game, would it not be more helpful to the readers to see:

I dropped balls at 130, 100, and 75 yards in specific lie conditions and these were my outcomes?

There are certain lie conditions from which I just plain SUCK! Like most of us there are other lie conditions from which I excel. Isn't it more important to the overall test to show a review from all of these conditions, rather than a "I managed to hit the club(s) twice in 18 holes and it went well (or poorly)?

I did not mean to imply that I would do that every time I went out. Only that on occasion I would do that. I agree with you that these are meant to improve the overall game. However as I have read through reviews of other clubs, especially single clubs, I have been a little disappointed to read a review that includes an entire round played and only one or two shots played with the specific club. Perhaps an example:

I hit driver to 150, and then hit 8i to the green missing slightly left. I chipped on with XYZ test club from 6' off the green and putted out.

Sounds like a nice round to me, but there is not much there that tells me about the club I want to read about. Going to the range we can learn a bunch about our distances and trajectories, but we all know that the range and the course are two different animals. Range = flat lie. Real world = no such thing as a flat lie.

Again while I agree that a setup like this is designed to help the overall game, would it not be more helpful to the readers to see:

I dropped balls at 130, 100, and 75 yards in specific lie conditions and these were my outcomes?

There are certain lie conditions from which I just plain SUCK! Like most of us there are other lie conditions from which I excel. Isn't it more important to the overall test to show a review from all of these conditions, rather than a "I managed to hit the club(s) twice in 18 holes and it went well (or poorly)?

Gotcha. I see what you are saying now, and know exactly what you mean. I did the exact same thing on the ball testing. When the course was empty enough, would give myself set up shots so that an accurate review could be given.

Just my .02, but this is a signup thread, and its turning into banter, the ppl signing up are getting lost in the conversations

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

well put and point well taken

Back