Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

I cant wait to hear some reviews & some vids that One-T is getting known for publishing

As my Mom always tells me, you cannot please everyone no matter what you do.

Congrats to the testers, looking forward to the results!

I'm just confused as to why this is even a topic. Five guys were chosen to test some wedges for SCOR and provide their input. They may all hate them, they may all love them. Why is it an issue that two played on the MC or put their pants on left leg first...IT'S not. Let's be happy that THP even brings us these Ops and move on and wait for the testers to start giving us their thoughts on the SCOR system.
The participation with in the test thread will show if people really are interested in the clubs or just placing new stuff in their bag.
Matty can say what he wants and how he feels it doesn't change the outcome. Stay active, share your thoughts and one day you might get picked! But to always have to get off track when ppl are picked is getting a little old.

Wow...huge thanks to SCOR Golf and THP for allowing me the opportunity to test the SCORFit System and the SCOR4161 line of short game equipment.

One area that will be of interest to me is that I normally carry both PW and AW that match my iron sets, then carry one or two separate wedges that are rarely used for full shots. Moving that break point of forged blade vs cast GI iron head up the set two notches should require me to learn how to hit full shots with these which would add versatility to my short game.

If given the option, I requested the 4 club set displayed below as it replaces my current 45 - PW, 50 - AW, 54, 58 setup club to club.

So you guys can see them, here were my SCORFit Results (R11 irons are not an option currently, but both sets have a 40 degree 9-iron):

Donne Willingham's SCORFIT Recommendation:

Lofts For Your Taylor Made - Burner 2.0 (2010) Irons:
7i 8i 9i PW GW SW LW
31° 35° 40° 45° 50° 55° 60°

Highest Lofted Iron With 40° Or Less: 9i - 40°
Carry Distance In Yards With 9i: 130 Yards

Our analysis is that your short game would be best served by one of the following SCOR4161 set make-ups:

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 44° - 116-120 Yards
SCOR4161 48° - 106-110 Yards
SCOR4161 52° - 96-100 Yards
SCOR4161 56° - 87-91 Yards
SCOR4161 60° - 79-83 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 45° - 114-118 Yards
SCOR4161 50° - 101-105 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 90-94 Yards
SCOR4161 60° - 80-84 Yards

GENIUS Short Game Shaft: GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)
GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm Flex

These arent good to go off of. I havent had them long enough to really tell.

Ok, fair enough. With my best swing I can get my 56* to 105 yards. Interested to see how the SCOR wedges can improve distance.

Some nice info coming back from the online fittings. Really intrigued by these wedges so can't wait to hear what the testers think when they start to hit them in anger :D

I'm looking forward to big things out of you young man, congrats

adwillingham;843161]Wow...huge thanks to SCOR Golf and THP for allowing me the opportunity to test the SCORFit System and the SCOR4161 line of short game equipment.

One area that will be of interest to me is that I normally carry both PW and AW that match my iron sets, then carry one or two separate wedges that are rarely used for full shots. Moving that break point of forged blade vs cast GI iron head up the set two notches should require me to learn how to hit full shots with these which would add versatility to my short game.

If given the option, I requested the 4 club set displayed below as it replaces my current 45 - PW, 50 - AW, 54, 58 setup club to club.

So you guys can see them, here were my SCORFit Results (R11 irons are not an option currently, but both sets have a 40 degree 9-iron):

Donne Willingham's SCORFIT Recommendation:

Lofts For Your Taylor Made - Burner 2.0 (2010) Irons:
7i 8i 9i PW GW SW LW
31° 35° 40° 45° 50° 55° 60°

Highest Lofted Iron With 40° Or Less: 9i - 40°
Carry Distance In Yards With 9i: 130 Yards

Our analysis is that your short game would be best served by one of the following SCOR4161 set make-ups:

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 44° - 116-120 Yards
SCOR4161 48° - 106-110 Yards
SCOR4161 52° - 96-100 Yards
SCOR4161 56° - 87-91 Yards
SCOR4161 60° - 79-83 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 45° - 114-118 Yards
SCOR4161 50° - 101-105 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 90-94 Yards
SCOR4161 60° - 80-84 Yards

GENIUS Short Game Shaft: GENIUS 12 (KBS Tour 120 Gram)
GENIUS Shaft Flex: Firm Flex[/QUOTE]

I'm just confused as to why this is even a topic. Five guys were chosen to test some wedges for SCOR and provide their input. They may all hate them, they may all love them. Why is it an issue that two played on the MC or put their pants on left leg first...IT'S not. Let's be happy that THP even brings us these Ops and move on and wait for the testers to start giving us their thoughts on the SCOR system.
The participation with in the test thread will show if people really are interested in the clubs or just placing new stuff in their bag.
Matty can say what he wants and how he feels it doesn't change the outcome. Stay active, share your thoughts and one day you might get picked! But to always have to get off track when ppl are picked is getting a little old.

Agreed. Try not to waste my time reading people complain and moan about not getting picked.

When will the guys get their stuff? I am interested to see if SCOR help them at all.

When will the guys get their stuff? I am interested to see if SCOR help them at all.

Clubs will be built and then shipped. The review thread will go up when clubs begin shipping.

Are they going to be testing the 4 or 5 club sets?
This is going to be good!

Adwillingham,

I am really looking forward to your reviews. I have the R9s now and wonder if I could be more consistent with non-cavity back AW(50*) or PW (46*). I am very consistent with these clubs at 100 yd (AW) and 115 (PW), but have trouble adjusting to 110 or 120 with them. I see your distances with clubs is right on with me. I can't wait to see how out of the normal distances work for you. I hope that didn't confuse you. HAHA

Really looking forward to this one as I'm a little skeptical of the idea of all these wedges

Really looking forward to this one as I'm a little skeptical of the idea of all these wedges

Agreed! I'm curious to learn more about these.

Are they going to be testing the 4 or 5 club sets?
This is going to be good!

To be determined. They were asked to turn in their 4 & 5 club testing specs.

This should be a great test. THP you guys selected some great testers and I am very interested in the theory behind these wedges. Good luck guys and have fun

Not gonna lie, very intrigued by these

Congratulations guys! Look forward to your feedback!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

congrats to the testers.
very interested in seeing if they'll benefit from this system.

Congrats guys, can't wait to hear the feedback on these.

Let me first start out by saying that 2 MC guys got picked. One of them has never tested anything for THP before. They did not get picked for the Morgan Cup, but signed up and paid their money to do so. Other people were selected that also have never been picked to test anything. Frankly its things such as this, that make us want to stop forum testing. No offense Matty, but didnt you JUST get picked to test other items? And no offense to anybody else, but if someone is going to complain about not getting picked and only been a member of THP for a month or two, I may have some issues with that.

This equipment is not free and we have seen what happens when we send out equipment to new members, ask Holeout1983....Of course you cant, because he never came back to the forum once he got his gear. Now we dont judge everybody by the act of one person, but lets not pretend that someone been here for 2 weeks and enjoys the site is known well enough to send a $500 set of clubs to. That is not fair nor not right. Has it happened? Of course and sometimes good and sometimes bad. It might still happen again, but I have to say I am extremely disappointed with some of this.

There is no art or science to who gets picked. People are selected based on a few things and the biggest one is and always will be, activity level on the forum as a whole.

I find it odd that ANYBODY can take fault in someone that has been here for years supporting this forum by activity getting selected for the FIRST time to test something.

Yes i did, that's why I said I wasn't complaining on a part of me not getting picked, it wasn't complaining at all, just something I felt I wanted to bring up, sorry if that upsets ppl on here but I'm not a yes man.. I took it to heart when ppl said I was only here for free stuff, 2300 posts in 5 months is here for more then free equipment, I also said id be more then happy to send my nicklaus driver to any member interested, I mean I tested it and posted my thoughts, and if someone else wants to give it a go, they are more then welcome to pm me because I'm not here for free equipment, and that goes for anything else I get selected for in the future

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Yes i did, that's why I said I wasn't complaining on a part of me not getting picked, it wasn't complaining at all, just something I felt I wanted to bring up, sorry if that upsets ppl on here but I'm not a yes man.. I took it to heart when ppl said I was only here for free stuff, 2300 posts in 5 months is here for more then free equipment, I also said id be more then happy to send my nicklaus driver to any member interested, I mean I tested it and posted my thoughts, and if someone else wants to give it a go, they are more then welcome to pm me because I'm not here for free equipment

I think it's ok dude. No one's attacking you at all. Fact is, there's been a ton of forum testing in the past 5 months and I don't believe a MC'er was a part of any of it. Most of the MC'ers are tried and true forum members who have earned the right to test equipment based on track record. You know what might be more useful, updating the Nicklaus driver thread bro. I haven't seen it for quite some time. I don't believe that testing is over, or is it?

I think it's ok dude. No one's attacking you at all. Fact is, there's been a ton of forum testing in the past 5 months and I don't believe a MC'er was a part of any of it. Most of the MC'ers are tried and true forum members who have earned the right to test equipment based on track record. You know what might be more useful, updating the Nicklaus driver thread bro. I haven't seen it for quite some time. I don't believe that testing is over, or is it?

I posted on there yesterday

Back