Touching Navy Seal Funeral Photo

pattyblind9golf

Reaction score
I know we have a lot of dog lovers on THP. This is for all of you. When I saw this picture, just made me tear up.

article-2029688-0D8E847600000578-726_634x659.jpg

Check out the article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029688/Navy-SEAL-Jon-Tumilsons-dog-sits-coffin-funeral.html

"This heart-wrenching photo shows how a Navy SEAL’s dog refused to leave his master’s side during an emotional funeral.
Petty Officer Jon Tumilson, 35, killed in the major U.S. helicopter crash in Afghanistan this month, was remembered by around 1,500 mourners.
But it was his Labrador retriever Hawkeye that really captured the public’s emotions in the photo taken by Mr Tumilson’s cousin, Lisa Pembleton."

Yep, that just made me tear up like a baby and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Wow, that just rips your heart out.

Wow, very emotional to say the least. Thanks for sharing!

That is so sad! :crying:

Having just lost my lab about 2 weeks ago this photo makes me tear up a little. Labs are great dogs and "cool" to see the dog never leave his side.

Strong picture. Very moving. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Wow, great picture.

Yep, that just made me tear up like a baby and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Wow, that just rips your heart out.

I second that!

Pictures say a thousand words.... This has left me speechless.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I knew better, but showed this to Liz anyway. She won't talk for a little while, guess thats what I love about her.

That is so sad. Thanks for the article.

I haven't had tears flow from my eyes in a long time. Thank you for this. Very touching.

It's amazing what a simple picture can do. Very touching. Thanks for this pic! I have a 2 year old black lab, and I love her so much. Labs have a hard time dealing with separation, and this shows it. Man this is sad..

So sad.. Thanks for sharing

This is such a touching picture, it brought a tear to my eye. It makes me think about how lucky we are to have such a selfless and heroic volunteer fighting force here in the states. They leave their homes and lifes behind to fight for our nation, and my heart goes out to the family and friends of our fallen soldiers.

Thank you for that, it's easy to get caught up in life and lose sight of what these men and women fight for.

Sitting here petting my 100 pound best friend and had to stop and just hug him for 10 minutes before I typed this. Emotional post Patty...really heart wrenching.

:( Really is "Man's best friend"

Very touching and very :sad::weep: at the same time.....

so sad :(

Wow, instant water works after seeing that. Its amazing the bonds we make with animals.

That was a great photo thanks for sharing it. Very Touching....

Sitting here petting my 100 pound best friend and had to stop and just hug him for 10 minutes before I typed this. Emotional post Patty...really heart wrenching.

Wow yorkem, that post got me just as bad as the picture. My buddies gone so I can't hug him anymore.

Back