Wilson Staff - Taking Their Talents To Souf Beach

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, maybe not South Beach, but they will be in South Florida for some cool things that I thought should be posted here. Yes it is a contest, but it is also about the new balls and we would love to have some THPers head out there and get some great info on the new Duo.

Tell them you are a THP member and that you want to showcase your own Souf Beach talents with the new Duo.

Thursday, March 15, 201211-5pmEdwin Watts- Plantation
12001 W. Sunrise Blvd.
Plantation, Florida 33323
954-916-6565
Friday, March 16, 201211-5pmEdwin Watts- Ft. Lauderdale
5600 N. Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308
954-771-3256
Saturday, March 17, 201210-4pmEdwin Watts- Miami-Doral
8484 NW 36th St, Ste B
Miami-Doral, Florida 33166
305-591-1220

image001-M.png

AHHH man wish I was in Florida.

I don't recall them offering that little Masters ticket contest when they were in Tampa. That one stings :(

I'm going to try to get over to Lauderdale, Friday looks like a great day for a motorcycle ride.

I don't recall them offering that little Masters ticket contest when they were in Tampa. That one stings :(

Hey, there has to be some benefit to living at the bottom of the state :)

They should take their talents to South.....Dakota. Ha!!

This looks really cool, I hope some THP'ers get out there and come back with some feedback for us!

Somebody go kick Canes and Danillo they would be perfect for this

The Doral location is close to me, but I'll be in Disney World with the fam this weekend :(

Finally! I've been waiting for a W/S fitting event ever since I got the Di11's! I live in Davie :)

I've never actually been to a demo/fitting day. How's it work? Does it cost anything?

I'm gonna try to make it up to Doral Saturday morning to check it out.

Tell them you are a THP member and that you want to showcase your own Souf Beach talents with the new Duo.

Did they get a heads up of THP members possibly showing up at these? (as in, do you guys know the reps personally?)

None of the Golf Manufacturers seem to come to Northern California for demo days. I'd love to demo the Ci11 or the FG tours.

I will be heading out to the Doral store this Saturday after my morning round.

Finally! I've been waiting for a W/S fitting event ever since I got the Di11's! I live in Davie :)

I've never actually been to a demo/fitting day. How's it work? Does it cost anything?

You might want to call ahead to the Edwin Watts you plan on visiting so you can reserve yourself a time slot, that way you're not waiting around for someone to be open. If that all works out, at your time slot, you'll go one on one with a W/S fitter and they'll have you hit a few balls usually with your own iron to start out, then see what would be the best fit for you in the W/S iron line. They usually have multiple shafts and flexes with them so they'll be able to dial you in to the right flex/shaft on the spot instead of just guestimating what would work best for you. The cost of it is free, and if you were interested in going with that set, they should be able to make them for you on the spot (the ones in the Tampa area were touting that, I'm only guessing it's the same for those)

Thanks

You might want to call ahead to the Edwin Watts you plan on visiting so you can reserve yourself a time slot, that way you're not waiting around for someone to be open. If that all works out, at your time slot, you'll go one on one with a W/S fitter and they'll have you hit a few balls usually with your own iron to start out, then see what would be the best fit for you in the W/S iron line. They usually have multiple shafts and flexes with them so they'll be able to dial you in to the right flex/shaft on the spot instead of just guestimating what would work best for you. The cost of it is free, and if you were interested in going with that set, they should be able to make them for you on the spot (the ones in the Tampa area were touting that, I'm only guessing it's the same for those)

Why does everything good happen to Florida?

Tappin!

Thanks JB! I'll check it out Saturday.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

Somebody go kick Canes and Danillo they would be perfect for this

I'm there dude eventhough I'm really happy with my set right now.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

Hey, there has to be some benefit to living at the bottom of the state :)

And we're not behind the 8 ball unlike what some people may think.

I'm going to try and get to the Plantation one on Thursday since I will be out of town this weekend. Hopefully it's not to crowded.

Why does everything good happen to Florida?

Tappin!

LOL It was our fault Bush got into office in 2001. It rains everyday during the summer. We have no seasons. It's often 90* on X-mas morning. We can golf year round except when northerns put away their clubs, here clubs jack up their prices to ridiculous levels making it impossible to play at a favorable time or location. We dont have range memberships. Everywhere else has courses with mountains and nice scenery in the background...we have houses and apartments. Put a Floridian on an out-of-state course and his handicap raises 5-8 strokes (we're not used to hitting off anything but flat land). That's about it. The grass is always greener I think.

They need to be over this way. Need to talk to a buddy at the local EW and see what the deal is.

It doesn't. Massive hurricanes, hanging chads, Casey Anthony...need I say more?

Don't forget homeowners insurance. And bad driving tourists.

Although hurricane season's been pretty mild the past couple years. The news makes such a big deal about it and then it sputters. Can't complain by any means, but I'm a little tired of the doom and gloom reporting.

I'm heading over there in an hour!

No it doesn't cost anything. I went to the one in Plantation. Talked up the site to the two fitters who said they never heard of it. One said he would email me after checking out the site. I ended getting the V2 irons with Nippon shafts 4-PW, 2 wedges 52 & 58 degrees, FYBrid 3 wood, 19.5 & 21. Great set up from and oh yeah I used to play all Wilson Gooseneck irons and JP wedges.

Back