Wilson Staff - Taking Their Talents To Souf Beach

LOL It was our fault Bush got into office in 2001. It rains everyday during the summer. We have no seasons. It's often 90* on X-mas morning. We can golf year round except when northerns put away their clubs, here clubs jack up their prices to ridiculous levels making it impossible to play at a favorable time or location. We dont have range memberships. Everywhere else has courses with mountains and nice scenery in the background...we have houses and apartments. Put a Floridian on an out-of-state course and his handicap raises 5-8 strokes (we're not used to hitting off anything but flat land). That's about it. The grass is always greener I think.

Hey were you the one getting your Di11's adjusted at the Plantation store.

No it doesn't cost anything. I went to the one in Plantation. Talked up the site to the two fitters who said they never heard of it. One said he would email me after checking out the site. I ended getting the V2 irons with Nippon shafts 4-PW, 2 wedges 52 & 58 degrees, FYBrid 3 wood, 19.5 & 21. Great set up from and oh yeah I used to play all Wilson Gooseneck irons and JP wedges.

Sounds like a great bag beardog. I will be giving the FY a look at the demoday. And those fitters had to be clueless to never of heard of THP! Hope you educated them.

JB, is THP testing the Duo? That is the ball I was fitted for on their website. Might have to pick up a sleeve and give them a try.

Sounds like a great bag beardog. I will be giving the FY a look at the demoday. And those fitters had to be clueless to never of heard of THP! Hope you educated them.

Yes I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. They were very nice guys but yes they were somewhat clueless to the site. I was amazed about this. I even said that their company Wilson sent I believe 4 sets of Di11 irons to THP for various forum members to try and were interviewed by JB at the PGA show in Orlando. The main guy said he was going to check out this site. I told him it was great and a lot of great conversations go on here with negativity being severely frowned on.

No it doesn't cost anything. I went to the one in Plantation. Talked up the site to the two fitters who said they never heard of it. One said he would email me after checking out the site. I ended getting the V2 irons with Nippon shafts 4-PW, 2 wedges 52 & 58 degrees, FYBrid 3 wood, 19.5 & 21. Great set up from and oh yeah I used to play all Wilson Gooseneck irons and JP wedges.

Did you sign up for masters tix? Did they giveaway a sleeve of the Duo? I'll probably check it out Saturday.

Yes I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. They were very nice guys but yes they were somewhat clueless to the site. I was amazed about this. I even said that their company Wilson sent I believe 4 sets of Di11 irons to THP for various forum members to try and were interviewed by JB at the PGA show in Orlando. The main guy said he was going to check out this site. I told him it was great and a lot of great conversations go on here with negativity being severely frowned on.

You have to remember a fitter with a company is not really someone we would ever deal with unless they are out on tour. When THP works with a company, 99% of the time, it is with their home office and the people inside it. One of our great friends in the industry works at Wilson Staff and much of the THP staff got to meet her at our PGA Show party last year. She has been traveling to the Edwin Watts stores with the fitters, but the fitters don't really do a whole lot with company relations.

Wow, that's a great prize

Hey were you the one getting your Di11's adjusted at the Plantation store.

Yup that would be me. I saw people going in and out...were you the gentleman hitting on the inside LM at the same time?

My irons were purchased standard all the way around and I was secretly hoping that I (being 6'2") need a 2* loft adjustment or something of that nature to explain why I can't hit the ball to its intended target every time. Unfortunately I guess I was striking the ball decently because the tape revealed 1/4" off-center hits (toward the toe). I ended up needing .5* upright.

I've never had/seen a lie adjustment done before. I thought it'd be a little more scientific than just putting my club into a specially designed vise and hitting it with a mallet a couple times??

I also hit the Ci11's, Fybrid 19.5*, and Fybrid 3W on the LM. All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.

Yes that would be me.

I took advantage of the fitting at the Brandon event a few weeks back, and ended up buying the Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 5 - PW, plus a Fybrid RS 4 hybrid. I ended up getting the clubs standard length, and 1* up in the 5 iron - 9 iron. We left the PW as is because the lie angle flows nicely into my SCOR wedges. They clubs were built for me there onsite with custom grips.

Once I settled on the FG tour V2 (pretty quickly as I just fell in love with them and was hitting them pure into the simulator) I spent about 30 mins trying out different shafts. I ended up with the standard KBS Tour in Stiff. I was very pleased with the experience. I will be posting a review of the irons in the Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 thread soon.

You have to remember a fitter with a company is not really someone we would ever deal with unless they are out on tour. When THP works with a company, 99% of the time, it is with their home office and the people inside it. One of our great friends in the industry works at Wilson Staff and much of the THP staff got to meet her at our PGA Show party last year. She has been traveling to the Edwin Watts stores with the fitters, but the fitters don't really do a whole lot with company relations.

JB - Thanks. I've gleaned this very fact after reading all of the equipment testing threads that you all deal with the home office and that your relationships have allowed for some unbelieveable equipment to be tested that I'm admittedly jealous of. What I meant by my comment was that these guys had the resources with them i.e. iPad, laptop, iPhone which they were periodically checking so I was somewhat surprised that they didn't know nor hadn't heard of THP. Just making a comment on an observation I had. I also happen to be partial to both Wilson & Mizuno because of friends I've made who just happen to work for them. Because of Hawk is why I took a long hard look at and am getting the irons.

I'm very happy that I went to this!!
I met Mary (PR) and Patrick (WS Fitter) today at Edwin Watts, both top notch. This blows every other fitting/demo event I have been to out of the water, and has solidified the Ci11's as the irons for me (gotta talk to the wife first :) ).
Mary was great to talk to, she is on THP and known JB. We chatted a bit about having seen the event on here, and mentioning that a few other members may show up as well today. She has a great personality and was great to deal with.
I think everyone should go to a Wilson Staff fitting when they get a chance, you will not regret trying out their current line. I look forward to trying out the new Duo ball as well.
The fitting was great. They got me warmed up and had me try a few different shafts for "feel" before getting on the monitor and starting the process. I had a chance to try a few different shafts (KBS, Nippon and the WS Stock) and in multiple lengths before getting squared off with a +1'' stock R shaft, and later onto the lie board to confirm a 2* upright set-up. They also had me try out a few different hybrids, and the Edwin Watts fitter (Freddy) even went as far as adding 1'' to one while I tried out some of the other set-ups and talked more about my game with Patrick. Once that hybrid was dry we got it on the monitor to check if the length adjustment did the trick, and it did.
I was getting great distance on a 7 iron, right around 150ish, maybe a bit over which makes them longer than the R11's and my X18's. The feel was perfect on the Ci11's. Great feedback from them, felt smooth trough the swing with great feel on contact. The sound was also very nice to my years, it's great to hear that slap/click over and over, and they actually had a soft sound to em.
Wilson Staff is impressing a lot of THP members with the Ci11's, and I am one of them. They will be in the bag shortly. And the icing on the cake to top a great fitting/demo was the WS hat Mary hooked me up with (thanks again)

Here are some pictures as well. This is what greeted me as I drove in towards the Edwin Watts

IMG-20120317-00005.jpg

This one came out blurry (sorry), but Mary is on the left in pink.

IMG-20120317-00006.jpg

Here is just some of the stuff they had, they also had multiple staff bags loaded with their clubs lining the front of the store, but I forgot to snap a pic of it.

IMG-20120317-00007.jpg

Hat
IMG-20120317-00011.jpg

And the tape from the club that was fit to me. Most strikes were just off center, and there was a bad one on the toe, but that was the only one.
The lie tape on the 2* up, at the same time as the face tape...

IMG-20120317-00012.jpg

Mary is wonderful and a true asset to Wilson Golf.

Mary is wonderful and a true asset to Wilson Golf.

JB - Which one is Mary? I saw the one gal on the right.

She is wearing the pink shirt.

Thanks! She might of been there. I was reall on cloud nine about the clubs I was getting. You can express my appreciation and gratitude to her for the great treatment that I received.

Nice write up and pictures danilo. I'm glad you got a chance to demo some Ci11 goodness. Mary is a cutie pie! Look at all that VTS goodness in those Fybrids. I can't wait to get mine.

Nice write up and pictures danilo. I'm glad you got a chance to demo some Ci11 goodness. Mary is a cutie pie! Look at all that VTS goodness in those Fybrids. I can't wait to get mine.

Only a couple of short months to wait.

Thanks for the write up and pics Danilo. Sounds like you (and you beardog!) were treated right by Wilson Staff. The company continues to impress.

Only a couple of short months to wait.

Thanks for the write up and pics Danilo. Sounds like you (and you beardog!) were treated right by Wilson Staff. The company continues to impress.

Lol...nope, it will show up after my round Monday I'm certain of it.

Lol...nope, it will show up after my round Monday I'm certain of it.

I hope so. I'm sick of waiting for it.

:D

Back