Venom Irons.... Any one know anything about em

acessence

Reaction score
Handicap
Any one ever heard of these type of irons before, its my really old set my grampa, had given to me before. We know nothing really about them

venom.jpg

I might be wrong, but I believe those were the same people behind the King Snake brand. These were their irons that were "similar" to the Ping Zing iron set. They were a company that specialized in knockoffs/clones. This is going on memory however.

Thanks, will begin my google journey with that

I bought the components from Golfworks and built a set about 15-20 years ago. I thought that they were knockoffs of the Ping Eye 2 but I may be wrong on that. The clubs served the purpose and delivered if you could hit them. I lost the sand wedge at a local course and went back every other day for a week until I was sent to the cart house and found it in a bucket of clubs that were turned in. For some reason the lie or whatever it was about that sand wedge made it one very useful club that I seemed to be able to manipulate better that any otherr other chort iron I ever hit.
I did eventually buy better clubs but always carry that sand wedge. Compared to the rest of my game (poor at best) that part was like magic Dont let that sand wedge go

The high toe definitely gives it that Ping look. I've never heard of Venom, but I'd bet money that JB is right on the mark.

I had a set of these made for myself. Back then, they were said to be ping zing knockoffs. If you ever want to sell the 9 iron and/or the sand wedge, let me know.

"No mercy for the bad if they want it. No mercy for the bad if they plead. Inject the Venom"

Definitely some sort of Ping copies. fwiw, some of those weren't all that bad, a lot of components back in the day were some sort of variation on the Ping eye2 or zing.

Definitely some sort of Ping copies. fwiw, some of those weren't all that bad, a lot of components back in the day were some sort of variation on the Ping eye2 or zing.

i agree i had to sell my ping eye2,for financial reasons.but then i seen this set of venom clubs,they have amazing accuracy and ridiculous spin,like my pingeye2
all i did was use the regroving tool just to touch them up,when i did that.....holy accurate,just as good as my ping eye2,I will not buy another set of irons these are awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome clubs keep them and use them.get a regrooving tool,then they will set that ball high and far with a spin that throws up a rooster tail

3-sw

3-sw

I had a set of these made for myself. Back then, they were said to be ping zing knockoffs. If you ever want to sell the 9 iron and/or the sand wedge, let me know.

IMG_20181215_135520653.jpg

Back