FedEx Cup Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason K is back with another article and this one is on the Fedex Cup. I have to say, this is a GREAT preview and one I enjoyed reading thoroughly.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14543

Great job on this article, Jake! Very thoroughly researched and you can't deny that Donald is a favorite. You just made me excited to watch this and I wasn't really even thinking about it.

I agree that Watney can vanish at key times. Out of your top 3, I'd take Stricker. For no other reason than I'm wearing Khaki pants today.

I absolutely love this article! I am with Hawk, I would have picked Stricker from your list of top 3, it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Loved the article, especially one of the last lines a/b Luke & Majors. I can see Luke doing well, but I also see Adam Scott playing well down the stretch. Would love to Jason Day string together a complete tournament and challenge for a top spot as well.

Great read Jake, I don't know when you find the time to do all this work but I'm glad you did.

Outstanding article Jake! You took your time and made some great points with a few nice funnies thrown in there.

But...I will respectfully disagree. Luke has been greatly disappointing the second half of the year...he seems to just be off a tad lately. My pick made your final 5; I think Stevie Williams wins the FedEx while letting Adam Scott hit the shots!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, I really like doing these kind of articles and I have to be honest...it was very tough for me to pick Lukey D over Stricker there but as I said, the formula got me so far so I had to go with my gut instinct and it says Luke. Plus every single time I pick Stricker he lays an egg so I that was part of it. All of those guys that made my top 5 could easily win the whole thing actually. I love the FedEx Cup, I did an article early in my days here sort of bashing the idea but man....I'm a fan now.

Jake, good read buddy. I felt like we were in the pool in Florida and you were just rattling all that off. Phil gets it done this year bro. Fact!

Jake, good read buddy. I felt like we were in the pool in Florida and you were just rattling all that off. Phil gets it done this year bro. Fact!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. If Phil wins I'll be happy for him but I just can't see it happening.

You know what writing this article made me miss though- guys like Westy and Rory. Dang I wish both of those guys were full time members so they could compete in this, we'll get Rors next year but we need Westy too.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. If Phil wins I'll be happy for him but I just can't see it happening.

You know what writing this article made me miss though- guys like Westy and Rory. Dang I wish both of those guys were full time members so they could compete in this, we'll get Rors next year but we need Westy too.

I agree with you Jake. Love him or hate him, Westy is significant. He would at least make things interesting. I would love to see Phil find some good form. He deserves a Fedex cup under his belt man. I love that guy.

Nice article here. VERY interesting take and I will have to disagree… I think Luke is running out of Gas. He’s played so darn much and contended so much of them he’s just gotta be drained. All in all though, extremely interesting reasoning and certainly valid. Nice job Jake though all in all. Very fun read.

Good article Jake, but I gotta say I think it's Stricker that takes it.

I agree with you Jake. Love him or hate him, Westy is significant. He would at least make things interesting. I would love to see Phil find some good form. He deserves a Fedex cup under his belt man. I love that guy.
He does deserve a FedEx Cup title indeed. Remember 2 years ago when he won the TOUR Champ but TW won the FedEx Cup? Phil says something like "wait, I win the tournament and he gets $10mil?" That was pretty cool.

Nice article here. VERY interesting take and I will have to disagree… I think Luke is running out of Gas. He’s played so darn much and contended so much of them he’s just gotta be drained. All in all though, extremely interesting reasoning and certainly valid. Nice job Jake though all in all. Very fun read.
You might be right but to think any top notch tour player may be running out of gas is silly to me. I'm in no way bashing your claim and I've said the same thing myself about players but these guys hit balls and/or play golf every day of their lives. He's been playing golf everyday for the last 20 years so he "shouldn't" be running out of gas anytime soon. But I can't argue with your point, it could happen.

How about Kuch going out and shooting a 63 on the very day I posted this saying that's exactly what he did to me last year? Kuch hates me.

My kid loves Kuch! That guy's had a remarkable two years man.

You might be right but to think any top notch tour player may be running out of gas is silly to me. I'm in no way bashing your claim and I've said the same thing myself about players but these guys hit balls and/or play golf every day of their lives. He's been playing golf everyday for the last 20 years so he "shouldn't" be running out of gas anytime soon. But I can't argue with your point, it could happen.

How about Kuch going out and shooting a 63 on the very day I posted this saying that's exactly what he did to me last year? Kuch hates me.

You definitely make a valid point, but I think its also a culmination of playing both tours too in my mind, with all the international travel. Its his choice too and he's definitely getting his money and earning it at that wherever and whenever.

Back