Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everyone knew who flew down for the weekend, nice job JB & Yoccos.

Could tell the difference in the voice right away haha!

Another great oppotunity thanks to THP and Wilson Staff!

1. What irons do you currently play?
Wilson Staff Di11's

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
True Temper Super-light uniflex steel

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
I am right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
My testing plan would consist of multiple rounds played per week (usually at least 3-5) as well as range time. I would also put in a lot of time practicing on the course (my local course is very relaxed about this sort of thing and it is also very hilly so it would be great to practice different lies and ball positions). I would look at ball flight, trajectory, carry, roll, spin, feel, look (though I can say now that they are very well designed and are very appealing to the eye), grip, shaft and anything and everything that comes to my, or any forum users mind. As for my activity level on THP I am certainly starting to see how easy it is to addicted, I have it pinned to my homepage as a bookmark and I check it a couple times a day, I also have it on my iphone as a favorite in facebook which I also check multiple times a day. Recently I have started exploring the site more and spent about 3 hours yesterday listening to old "In The Rough" episodes which I really enjoy.

Thanks again to Thp and Wilson Staff for this very special opportunity and best of luck to all those who threw their hats in!

Really nice looking set of clubs. Never really considered Wilson Staff irons, but would have to give these puppies a second look for sure! I would also like to throw my hat in the ring for a chance to hit these!!

:welcome: You should go back and read the first post so you can get a sign up to be considered.

Amazing opportunity thank you Wilson Staff and THP!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP MB 3-PW
2. What is your handicap index? 8.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold X100
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I believe in honest feedback. I will achieve this by playing multiple times a week with practice sessions included between. I am a longtime member and contributor to THP and I log on daily to give both updates and contributions in any way possible to the site. I will also use various social media outlets to spread the word of my testing progress.

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike CCi forged
2. What is your handicap index? 10
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? DG Stiff
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If I am chosen to test these, which I hope because I am currently looking for a cavity back like these, I would be testing them very regularly because I play everyday of the week. I am on a HS team so I play quite often on course and range. So I would be able to easily give a honest and full review of these irons for everyone to read. I would post on here pretty much every day based on my reactions to these clubs and my results. Thanks THP & Wilson for this opportunity, and good luck to everyone else.

These clubs are sweet looking for sure! Wilson is really stepping up lately with nice equipment. I'm very excited for this one!

Amazing opportunity from Wilson Staff and THP! Thanks to all involved!

1. I play the Taylormade R9 irons (4-AW)

2. No official or unofficial handicap, but average mid to low 80's.

3. I have the steel KBS Tour shafts with a regular flex in my R9's.

4. I'm a lefty and I'm proud!

5. I would bring these to the range 2-4 times a week and I'm able to get on a golf course 6-7 days a week as there is one right at my school. With so much time on the course I'll be able to test a lot of different aspects of these irons. I'll spread the word to my few Twitter followers and I will also convey my thoughts to my friends on Facebook and also my teammates/coaches at school.

I've been here for a few months now and have been very active! I love everything about THP!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Very cool testing possibility right here! Big kudos and thanks to Wilson and THP for putting this together! I'd love a crack at these!

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX-800
2. What is your handicap index? 20.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Currently playing Steal Stiff Project X 6.0s
4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am right handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I post quite avidly and on a daily basis and have tested other products in the past offering my honest feedback and opinion. As a guy trying to improve his game I visit the driving range 2 times a week now that league play is wrapping up. I also play at least 9 holes minimum once a week and with some end of season scrambles coming for the next 3 weeks straight and access to indoor monitor and simulators in my winter plans.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Pro Gold
2. What is your handicap index? 16
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project X 6.0 Steel
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on THP almost daily. I will have a lot of time in simulators and launch monitors over the next few months. These will give me hard data. I have tested clubs for THP in the past. I understand what goes into equipment testing. I am an improving golfer who appreciates honest feedback and quality feedback. I would hope to provide the kind of information that will make it possible for another golfer make an informed decision.

Would love to give these bad boys a test. Wilson irons were my introduction to golf.

Would love to give these bad boys a test. Wilson irons were my introduction to golf.

Are you going to officially enter?

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams CB1's
2. What is your handicap index? 2.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project X 6.0 Steel
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would be able to test at both the driving range and on the course, and give reports after each. I have access to a LM, and could provide data from my LM sessions. I play at least 54 holes a week, so they would get a very good workout.

These must be very fresh on the market eh? I went to read up on them on Wilson's website and they are nowhere to be found!!

1. What irons do you currently play? The Nike VR Pro Combo Irons
2. What is your handicap index? GHIN 3.9 which has been trending down, however, I think I've taken it as far as it's going to go this year haha
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Dynamic Gold x100 steel
4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am a ralphy... Or Righty haha
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would include range time but mostly on course testing throughout the week as the year progresses. On THP I believe I am an active member who contributes regularly. I will be excited to see just how well Wilson has done producing these irons, or whether the great members of THP believe they have some work to do.

Well done THP and Wilson Staff for bringing another great opportunity to THP members.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? Nike VR Split Cavity
2. What is your handicap index? 9.0
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I currently play Dynamic Gold Steel S300 shafts
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am very active on THP. I am on THP every day participating in a wide variety of threads. I play 2-3 times per week and hit the range another 2-3 times per week on top of that. I just learned how to post videos on here so I'm pretty excited about that, lol, so if I ever get the chance to test again I will definitely be able to post pics and vids of my sessions and thoughts of the clubs.

Last edited:
These must be very fresh on the market eh? I went to read up on them on Wilson's website and they are nowhere to be found!!

Well done THP and Wilson Staff for bringing another great opportunity to THP members.

They were shown here on THP back around the start of the US Open I believe.

Before I sign up for this.
These irons are geared more for low handicap players right.
Like under 10?

Wow what a gorgeous set of irons and Im pretty sure that was TMex on the video. Tons of awesomeness.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway Razr X Tours
2. What is your handicap index? 17
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TT GS95 steel shafts, stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would include multiple videos shot on location, thorough on couse testing along with driving range sessions to test all type of shots and forgiveness. I do post on occasion here at THP.

1. What irons do you currently play?
I currently play the Wilson Staff Pi7 irons.
2. What is your handicap index?
My handicap is a 6.5.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
I currently play the True Temper Dynamic Gold S300.
4. Are you right handed or left handed?
I am right handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I plan to play at least 5 times a week and plan to report my findings everyday. I live on a golf course, so availability of playing will never be an excuse. I would see how they would perform in these late fall months into the winter, and into the summer. I would take multiple pictures, videos, and would actively comment on them to inform the users of THP. As I play an older version of the Wilson Staff players irons, I am interested on how Wilson has engineered newer irons and if they have been for the better or worse. I would have side by side testing and report my findings. Overall, I am very interested in this new offering from Wilson Staff. Active participation on THP will never be a problem, due to the fact that I do not work, and would play golf every day I can. I am starting to be come more and more addicted to THP, and I am wanting to become more associated with this great community here.

Last edited:
Holy Crap. @marcawesome is manhandling the V2's!! Wilson Staff and THP are making it real!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Redline
2. What is your handicap index? I don't keep one. Average score is around 92
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock no-name Redline shafts - steel stiff flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Righty
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least once or twice each week and am the range at least once. I would test with detailed written thoughts and video updates. I am active on this forum like few others. I would update multiple times a week on the forum as well as Twitter.

Like under 10?

In the video it was said that there is a "player's cavity", but that there was still some forgiveness because of the perimeter weighting.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Like under 10?

They are a players iron but I would say they have some forgiveness. I would say you should for sure sign up

edit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back