Adjustments with my golf game....

sixcat

Reaction score
Handicap
I can't wear contacts anymore due to some issues with my eyes. I bought Oakley Gaskets with Transitions lenses. Anybody with any experience with this? How difficult of an adjustment will it be?

sixcat - I have had the transitions lenses and they worked well for me. The only problem I had with the transitions, were when coming out of the sun into a darker room. It seemed to take a bit longer to revert back to clear for me. That was a few years ago so maybe they have refined the product since then. My last set of glasses I changed to one clear pair and one with the standard sun glass lens.

I did think about maybe getting prescription sunglasses but after dropping nearly a grand on the tests for my eyes, I settled for just the everyday variety for now. I will play tomorrow and see how it goes. I have never played with glasses and the difference in depth perception concerns me.

I did think about maybe getting prescription sunglasses but after dropping nearly a grand on the tests for my eyes, I settled for just the everyday variety for now. I will play tomorrow and see how it goes. I have never played with glasses and the difference in depth perception concerns me.

This is also why I've never used sunglasses. Then again I don't have any eye problems (yet).

I typically wear contacts, but had a round last fall where my eyes were irritated so I wore my glasses to play a round. I wouldn't say depth perception was an issue for reading greens or anything like that, but I did have a lot of trouble picking up the ball up in the air after I had hit it. Really had no idea where some of my shots were going. I could follow the balls hit by playing partners, so I think it was just that the ball was going out of the clear field of view area provided by the lens when hit, then you would have to get the lens area back over where the ball was to see it in motion in the air. With contacts you can just move your eyes to track the ball rather than your whole head with glasses. That was the only issue for me. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I have one pair of regular glasses, and one Transitions pair. My only problem has been on cloudy days. The Transitions can be a bit dark for that.

I am nearsighted but with a very weak prescription. I don't wear my glasses very often and usually wear normal sunglasses when I golf. I noticed on Thursday that I was losing sight of the ball on longer shots so I decided to wear my glasses yesterday. I didn't have any issues over the ball or tracking the ball in the air either. I did find myself squintinging in the bright sun though so maybe it's time to look for prescription sunglasses.

Thought I would offer an update. Its been a fairly easy transition so far. Green reading is tricky, gotta squat down to make sure I have the line. Ball striking may be a little more crisp but I have to watch pulling out of shots to find te ball flight with the reduced peripheral vision.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

LASIK! Best thing I've ever done!

Troof! Best $4k I've ever spent and recommend it to anyone looking into it

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I use the transitions lens in my glasses.
If it's going to be sunny all day I have a pair of Costa Del Mar sun glasses that I wear.
If i play a late league I''ll wear the Transitions due to lack of light towards the end of the round.
Good Luck adjusting your peepers

Back