Ugh. I need to upgrade my GPU.
Intel I-7 960 3.2 ghz quad with triple threading, 8GB 1333 DDR3, Single ATI HD5770, 1TB 7200rpm drive

I started out with a single HD 5770 when I built my computer, and added a second probably 6 months ago, I like the 2 card setup and have not had any issues with it.

Thanks, it needs a refresh though. The loading times are great with an SSD. Lot's of videos on youtube with people showing how fast their computers are with an SSD.

Ill have to check some of those videos out tonight, sounds sweet.

I started out with a single HD 5770 when I built my computer, and added a second probably 6 months ago, I like the 2 card setup and have not had any issues with it.

Ill have to check some of those videos out tonight, sounds sweet.

Forgot to mention about my computer, I didn't do the eyefinity thing, I just have it hooked up to a 42" lcd tv. Works great for games and netflix.

Forgot to mention about my computer, I didn't do the eyefinity thing, I just have it hooked up to a 42" lcd tv. Works great for games and netflix.

Nice man, hooking a good comp into a big tv is a lot of fun. Eyefinity was annoying to get working with the adapters. I bought afew that didn't work before getting one that finally did.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Ugh. I need to upgrade my GPU.
Intel I-7 960 3.2 ghz quad with triple threading, 8GB 1333 DDR3, Single ATI HD5770, 1TB 7200rpm drive

What are you using to cool that beast? I'm using a Sunbeam core contact freezer, that thing is massive, but works great.

Nice man, hooking a good comp into a big tv is a lot of fun. Eyefinity was annoying to get working with the adapters. I bought afew that didn't work before getting one that finally did.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I've tried it before, it's pretty sweet. Any scaling issues with CFX 5770's ? I had a 5770 before I picked up the 6870, thought about adding a second 5770, but decided to go with a single faster card and give my 5770 to my son to replace his aging 8800gt.

I've tried it before, it's pretty sweet. Any scaling issues with CFX 5770's ? I had a 5770 before I picked up the 6870, thought about adding a second 5770, but decided to go with a single faster card and give my 5770 to my son to replace his aging 8800gt.

Yeah, its interesting technology. The games look semi-stretched on the far left and right edges of the screens. But when looking straight at the middle one, the side screens look great in your peripheral view. I actually run alot of my games in widowed mode, and keep a browser open on another screen for THP or gaming sites. Eyefinity really shines with multitasking in web browsers, more so that with full screen games IMO (with the exception being Flight Simulator X). It worked wonders while I was in school, and nowadays I don't know how I could trade stocks without it.

And that is a good reason to upgrade to the 6870, haha. I wish my dad would have given me awesome computer parts like that.

Yeah, its interesting technology. The games look semi-stretched on the far left and right edges of the screens. But when looking straight at the middle one, the side screens look great in your peripheral view. I actually run alot of my games in widowed mode, and keep a browser open on another screen for THP or gaming sites. Eyefinity really shines with multitasking in web browsers, more so that with full screen games IMO (with the exception being Flight Simulator X). It worked wonders while I was in school, and nowadays I don't know how I could trade stocks without it.

And that is a good reason to upgrade to the 6870, haha. I wish my dad would have given me awesome computer parts like that.

If you're looking at a 6870 check this out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948 I'm jealous, I paid $199 for mine. haha

I only have a wii and play Black Ops normally. Kind of sucks, but plan to get a 360/PS3 soon

I only have a wii and play Black Ops normally. Kind of sucks, but plan to get a 360/PS3 soon

Wii's are awesome and great fun, but maybe not so much for shooters. But then, IMO, if you like FPS games you're missing out on any console vs a good gaming PC.

FPS's on WII drove me insane. They are way too hard for me to play. I agree that BamBooBender that a keyboard and mouse is the best way to enjoy a FPS, but I do enjoy the Call of Duty series on x360.

hmmm, more of the same to me. Not sure if I will bother with it or not

hmmm, more of the same to me. Not sure if I will bother with it or not

My thoughts exactly. I've watched it twice and was pretty disappointed. Guy gets to shoot three tubes in a row, stackable killstreaks(same as MW2-not good in my opinion) just some stuff i've seen. But i'll let the keynote speak for itself. As of right now I'm more excited for BF3 than MW3

I know I will still be playing Gears 3 MP when MW3 hits so will be in no real rush to get it anyway. Maybe a bargain bucket deal to finish the campaign but I don't think it will be a day one purchase from me

My thoughts exactly. I've watched it twice and was pretty disappointed. Guy gets to shoot three tubes in a row, stackable killstreaks(same as MW2-not good in my opinion) just some stuff i've seen. But i'll let the keynote speak for itself. As of right now I'm more excited for BF3 than MW3

Graphics look much improved from MW2. Infinity ward does a great job with their games and I enjoy the online of the COD series head and shoulders above BF. The fact that the game runs on 60 FPS as compared to BF3 will make it better too I think. Its honestly a personal thing and I think both games with be fun, but I know I wont even bother with BF

Graphics look much improved from MW2. Infinity ward does a great job with their games and I enjoy the online of the COD series head and shoulders above BF. The fact that the game runs on 60 FPS as compared to BF3 will make it better too I think. Its honestly a personal thing and I think both games with be fun, but I know I wont even bother with BF

You call unlimited grenade launchers, commando lunge, stopping power but no jugg a great game? Among other things MW2 was far from a great game. The community ruined it. Plus the hacks! Lol

Grabbed the two pack of Portal 2 off steam a few hours ago, sent the second copy to my son. Man that's a big file! Almost 12GB! I'm not even sure if I'm ready to delve into it yet, just getting ready for winter I guess.

FPS's on WII drove me insane. They are way too hard for me to play. I agree that BamBooBender that a keyboard and mouse is the best way to enjoy a FPS, but I do enjoy the Call of Duty series on x360.

Not wanting to start a console war or anything, but what do ya'll prefer, 360/PS3?

I used to be a COD fan, until they totally blew off the PC gaming crowd ( where they built their their entire brand IMO) with MW2. COD 4 was great, but nowadays I'll just wait and get their stuff from the bargain bin, after all the hubbub has died down, if I get it at all. jmho

Not wanting to start a console war or anything, but what do ya'll prefer, 360/PS3?

Depends on the game/use of the system. But it's honestly too close I like to think PS3 has better exclusives but 360 has better multiplayer gaming simply due to contracts and XBL. I own both and love both but use them for different things.

I assume you are comparing BF and COD on consoles, but on PC Battlefield is leaps and bounds above call of duty. The vehicles add such an amazing dynamic to the game.

I have owned a Xbox 360 since launch, and love em. I bought a PS3 about a year ago and love it as well. PS3 has a lot of good exclusives like Thechosen1 said. I really like Little Big Planet and Metal Gear Solid personally.

I have owned a Xbox 360 since launch, and love em. I bought a PS3 about a year ago and love it as well. PS3 has a lot of good exclusives like Thechosen1 said. I really like Little Big Planet and Metal Gear Solid personally.

Please tell me you have played the Uncharted series.

Please tell me you have played the Uncharted series.

Yeah I picked up 1 and 2, but have not played them much yet. I probably have 3-4 hours into the first one. I got really into Gran Turismo 5 for awhile too, but I actually enjoy the Forza series a bit more.

360 for me, the online element is far better

Back