Odyssey DART Putter Reviews

I will say that the looks of this thing were a non-start for me initially. After reading the positive feedback here though, I will have to give one a try out at the store.

Another great promo video. It is crazy how easy the DART system is to align. Prior to getting the Seemore I was having big time issues with my aim. I practiced one day with the DART and was instantly hitting more putts inside 10 feet. How do you guys feel about your lag putts with these putters?:question:

When I first had the DART, lag putts is where I really struggled but I had somewhat of a breakthrough with that. Now, I am confident with longer putts and I assume a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm not worried about missing by 4 - 6 feet b/c I'm pretty confident I can make those. Everything about this putter just works. It's not the prettiest, and it's certainly not the mallet that gets all the forum hype, but dude, I just can't take it out of my golf bag. I really want to, and I don't know why, but I just can't. The White Ice Insert is, imo, the best insert that Odyssey has made. I think the sweet spot is bigger and it's just super consistent. I'm telling you CL, this putter was on fire in the Morgan Cup for me.

Another great promo video. It is crazy how easy the DART system is to align. Prior to getting the Seemore I was having big time issues with my aim. I practiced one day with the DART and was instantly hitting more putts inside 10 feet. How do you guys feel about your lag putts with these putters?:question:

I miss a few here and there Chunky but overall my lag putting is much improved. I like the balance the putter has during the swing. That's what really helps. The putting stroke is easier because of that.

I wish it felt a little heavier though to be honest, but thats the great part about the DART, you can change the weights. Ill be looking for a weight kit soon.

The only areas I have issues are short putts but that's really on me at this point. I baby them too much. I think once I get it heavier I will feel a little more comfortable with them.

I'm glad others like them but I just can't get used to looking at these...

I'm glad others like them but I just can't get used to looking at these...

Once I got used to it man, I have to say there are few other putters out there right now I can pick up and feel comfortable with. Man does it work with the midrange putts for me.

When I first had the DART, lag putts is where I really struggled but I had somewhat of a breakthrough with that. Now, I am confident with longer putts and I assume a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm not worried about missing by 4 - 6 feet b/c I'm pretty confident I can make those. Everything about this putter just works. It's not the prettiest, and it's certainly not the mallet that gets all the forum hype, but dude, I just can't take it out of my golf bag. I really want to, and I don't know why, but I just can't. The White Ice Insert is, imo, the best insert that Odyssey has made. I think the sweet spot is bigger and it's just super consistent. I'm telling you CL, this putter was on fire in the Morgan Cup for me.

Completely agree with you on the insert. The only insert that I've liked better is the insert in the original Tri-hots. You make a good point about lag putting. Doesn't matter how far the 1st putt is when you make the 2nd.:beauty:

I miss a few here and there Chunky but overall my lag putting is much improved. I like the balance the putter has during the swing. That's what really helps. The putting stroke is easier because of that.

I wish it felt a little heavier though to be honest, but thats the great part about the DART, you can change the weights. Ill be looking for a weight kit soon.

The only areas I have issues are short putts but that's really on me at this point. I baby them too much. I think once I get it heavier I will feel a little more comfortable with them.

I'm surprised you are having issues with the short ones TMex. I think you are looking in the right direction though with the weights. I just got a really heavy putter today and wow did it seem like the short putts were automatic. :heavy:

Hi, Jake here. Um.....I'm nervous and I really like the DART, it's the best...my putts per round have dropped significantly. Thanks, ba-bye!

That alignment system is no joke though, when I miss with this putter it's not because I hit the putt off line, usually because of speed even more than mis-reads. I did manage to make a few good ones during The Morgan Cup with the DART that's for sure.

Dude that putt on 18 really signifies the entire MC 'watching at home' experience for me and the DART is what you hit it with.

Hi, Jake here. Um.....I'm nervous and I really like the DART, it's the best...my putts per round have dropped significantly. Thanks, ba-bye!

That alignment system is no joke though, when I miss with this putter it's not because I hit the putt off line, usually because of speed even more than mis-reads. I did manage to make a few good ones during The Morgan Cup with the DART that's for sure.

hahahaha, you're funny bro!

You made some clutch putts for sure. To bad you never tried the backstryke. It's pretty awesome!

Dude that putt on 18 really signifies the entire MC 'watching at home' experience for me and the DART is what you hit it with.
Thanks man, I felt like I might have gone over the top a bit there but honestly I wanted that putt to drop so damn bad. JRod was killing us for the last 4 holes in a row and to make that and seal that match was big. I need to learn how to keep my outbursts down to a mild roar though!

hahahaha, you're funny bro!

You made some clutch putts for sure. To bad you never tried the backstryke. It's pretty awesome!
I did try the backstryke, we have them here (didn't have the DART at the time) and I could not stop pulling everything with it. I putted quite a bit with it, then you said you liked it so much I went back and tried again and just could not get it. I'm not typically a big center shafted guy myself so visually it really made it tough for me. You roll your's beautifully though!

No dude. If you hadn't responded like that I would have been concerned. That was exciting stuff.

Just to double check: is the weight set usually included with these or an extra? The dart blade is quite interesting and I'd love to see what it's like at 370 instead of 350.

So many putters so little rounds.

Great job guys...TC you are a natural in front of the camera!

Ill be looking for a weight kit soon.

Just to double check: is the weight set usually included with these or an extra? The dart blade is quite interesting and I'd love to see what it's like at 370 instead of 350.

Mine came with the extra weights (360g and 370g) and a tiny odyssey Allen wrench and two extra screws. Did you guys check the zipper pocket of the headcover...?

Mine came with the extra weights (360g and 370g) and a tiny odyssey Allen wrench and two extra screws. Did you guys check the zipper pocket of the headcover...?

I haven't bought it yet mate but it's on the list. I was just curious to know that when I OEM it, if I would need the get the extra bits seperate. Cheers for the info!

I just got done rolling the DART Tour Black version at GG. Not sure what is so different about this one vs the Backstryke one I had but I roll it really really well. Im actually pondering it for my round tomorrow.

I just got done rolling the DART Tour Black version at GG. Not sure what is so different about this one vs the Backstryke one I had but I roll it really really well. Im actually pondering it for my round tomorrow.

Rock it kmac! Maybe the b/s version wasn't best for you man.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Rock it kmac! Maybe the b/s version wasn't best for you man.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Slight threadjack: TC, did you already OEM the Tour Black #9? Or are you still rolling the DART?

Slight threadjack: TC, did you already OEM the Tour Black #9? Or are you still rolling the DART?

I have OEM'ed the Tour Black #9 buddy, but the DART is still in the bag. The damn thing just won't let me get rid of it. I had a great day on the greens with it today, and it seems as though my putting form from the MC has translated to the beautiful, great state of North Carolina.

I have been trying to make the DART fail so I can plug the Spider Ghost or the TB #9 in the bag, but it just continues to shine. I swear, there's just something about the combination of the alignment aid and the backstryke that make me a better putter. I am not going to fight it anymore. It's earned its spot fair and square, and as of right now, I have a cool putter collection.

I have OEM'ed the Tour Black #9 buddy, but the DART is still in the bag. The damn thing just won't let me get rid of it. I had a great day on the greens with it today, and it seems as though my putting form from the MC has translated to the beautiful, great state of North Carolina.

I have been trying to make the DART fail so I can plug the Spider Ghost or the TB #9 in the bag, but it just continues to shine. I swear, there's just something about the combination of the alignment aid and the backstryke that make me a better putter. I am not going to fight it anymore. It's earned its spot fair and square, and as of right now, I have a cool putter collection.
Good for you dude, you're being smart and going with the putter that makes you putt better. I have seen you roll some beauties with it (both at the outing and Morgan Cup) and you're right, it's the best putter for you.

Good for you dude, you're being smart and going with the putter that makes you putt better. I have seen you roll some beauties with it (both at the outing and Morgan Cup) and you're right, it's the best putter for you.

Thanks Jake. It's not cool, and it's not white, and it's not on a lot of people's hot lists but it works like a champ for this guy!

Thanks Jake. It's not cool, and it's not white, and it's not on a lot of people's hot lists but it works like a champ for this guy!
Making putts is cool, that's all it boils down to. For me it came down to distance control, when I was on with the DART it was decent. I had to constantly force myself to focus on hitting the putt harder than I thought I should have to, not sure if it was because of the size of the head or what it was. Alignment was simply better than I've ever had on any putter, but alignment only does so well if I'm constantly coming up well short. For a while I'm switching up, but the DART is always close by in the event that I want to go back.

I did switch to a lighter weight in the putter thinking this would help but it actually got worse, it has to be a visual thing for me. The heavier weight gave me about the same results.

I messed around a little with TC's backstrike, and I gotta say, I was pretty impressed. I am a blade/anser style guy that really prefers a light weight putter, but this felt really nice, and the alignment tools that have been incorporated into this putter line is far and away the best thing on the market. Well done guys.

I :love:my :odyssey:DART much better than my old mallet putter sinking more putts but could be better yet still havent found the zone..

Back