Coolest Thing you have Seen on the Course?

Golfers viewing wildlife is one of the main causes of slow play.

Kevin

Yeah, especially when it's the beer girl.

The coolest thing I have seen is two 8 year old girls run up on the greens fringe that I just hit onto, and take my ball and run into the apartment complex that was next to the course.

Coolest thing? That would definitely be the sorority group flashing us during their charity outing. Sorry, no pics.
That didn't happen on the golf course, but it did happen on the way home from a golf course once!

Yeah, especially when it's the beer girl.
hehe.

I saw a hawk carrying a very pissed off snake once, he carried it right over the 9th green and I thought he was going to drop it on the guys putting. At a course in Morro Bay this time of year sometimes you can see whales spouting offshore, pretty cool.

Friend saw a mountain lion lounging at the course where I saw the hawk. Nice kitty.

another funny thing happened today with Hanks on the course. not as cool as the hot air balloon but they all can't be gems. anyway par 5 i duffed a drive and hit crushed a 2 hybrid down the fairway and come up to my ball and see this..... i must have hit it in the air cause there was no divots near the sign and it was WET from the rain. it was a pretty thick metal sign too.

IMG_0702.jpg

and after i placed it back in the ground

IMG_0703.jpg

I saw the Belbs pound some golf balls last Saturday over 320. Long and straight. It was sickening, but also pretty cool.

John Deere Tappin...

I saw my buddy Old Gray dressed out in his Boo Weekley outfit at the golf course. Every time someone saw and they recognized him they started hollering "Boooooo" it was a lot of fun.

I was finishing a sandwich just off the green in a heavily wooded course, waiting for the rest of the group to putt out, when a deer came out of the woods behind me, and started nibbling at my sandwich. Startled me but I didn't spook the deer. I let him have the rest of the sandwich (turkey sandwich -- I thought deer were vegans?).

I saw something cool Friday.

How do some of the ladies on the Duramed tour hit such long balls with such slow swings??
I was baffled as I watched Shasta Averyhardt pound out shot after shot in jaw dropping fashion. Granted, she's like 6'1" but her swing is silky AND buttery smooth. It looked like a slow practice swing. Carling Coffing busted one 255; even her caddie was impressed. Shasta stepped up and put one 25yds FURTHER! Yes, 280. Measured by the marshalls (as well as it having been painted on the ground every ten yards starting at 220). This Shasta girl also hits a sweet long iron. I've never heard of her, but will be watching. She's a beast.

I saw something cool Friday.

How do some of the ladies on the Duramed tour hit such long balls with such slow swings??
I was baffled as I watched Shasta Averyhardt pound out shot after shot in jaw dropping fashion. Granted, she's like 6'1" but her swing is silky AND buttery smooth. It looked like a slow practice swing. Carling Coffing busted one 255; even her caddie was impressed. Shasta stepped up and put one 25yds FURTHER! Yes, 280. Measured by the marshalls (as well as it having been painted on the ground every ten yards starting at 220). This Shasta girl also hits a sweet long iron. I've never heard of her, but will be watching. She's a beast.

I want to go to an LPGA tournament one day so I can see women hit the ball like that! We should plan a group trip to one the next time they are in GA. You guys can sweat Natalie, Paula, Sandra, etc. while I try to pick up some tips on the game.

I would like to be in on that KB, but believe it or not, I would be trying to figure out what in their swings I could incorporate into mine.

At a course that I used to play there was a deer that would follow us around as we played. He would stay 10 to 20 feet from us as we walked and played. I tried to touch him one time while we were on the 2nd green. He turned around and saw me and tore up the green getting away from me. We never saw him after deer season.

I want to go to an LPGA tournament one day so I can see women hit the ball like that! We should plan a group trip to one the next time they are in GA. You guys can sweat Natalie, Paula, Sandra, etc. while I try to pick up some tips on the game.

Going to Prattville in a few weeks for the Navistar. YAYAYAY skirts.
Go with, it'll make the drive more bearable.

I posted this in the "what did you shoot today" thread yesterday but think this is a better place.

Our group had a long wait on the sixteenth tee. Sixteen is a long par 3 and plays as a par 4 for most people. We heard a commotion in the pines next to us, maybe 5 yards away. Up in the tree was a large hawk trying to catch a squirrel in the tree. The hawk was having a hard time getting around in the limbs as the squirrel kept going around the tree. The hawk was pretty sharp though and every time he lost track he just sat and waited until his intended supper showed up again. The squirrel finally made it into an adjacent tree with the hawk in hot pursuit. The game went on in that tree but the squirrel was running out of options, it was the last tree in the line of pines. As he started down the tree to the ground, I thought to myself that squirrel is a goner when he hits the ground running. As the hawk dove toward the squirrel, the squirrel surprised us all. He made a jump for the water cooler enclosure, made it and ran in the opening and around behind the water cooler. We finally got to hit our tee shots and as we left the tee the hawk was sitting in the pine watching the water cooler "like a hawk". I wanted to fill my water bottle but was not about to go over to that cooler.

Too bad you didn't have a video camera. That would have been epic!

Okay, that is pretty freaking cool. Way2go squirrel.
I posted this in the "what did you shoot today" thread yesterday but think this is a better place.

Our group had a long wait on the sixteenth tee. Sixteen is a long par 3 and plays as a par 4 for most people. We heard a commotion in the pines next to us, maybe 5 yards away. Up in the tree was a large hawk trying to catch a squirrel in the tree. The hawk was having a hard time getting around in the limbs as the squirrel kept going around the tree. The hawk was pretty sharp though and every time he lost track he just sat and waited until his intended supper showed up again. The squirrel finally made it into an adjacent tree with the hawk in hot pursuit. The game went on in that tree but the squirrel was running out of options, it was the last tree in the line of pines. As he started down the tree to the ground, I thought to myself that squirrel is a goner when he hits the ground running. As the hawk dove toward the squirrel, the squirrel surprised us all. He made a jump for the water cooler enclosure, made it and ran in the opening and around behind the water cooler. We finally got to hit our tee shots and as we left the tee the hawk was sitting in the pine watching the water cooler "like a hawk". I wanted to fill my water bottle but was not about to go over to that cooler.

Saw two awesome things yesterday on the course.... One of them was this guy:

d03626a4-e2f4-9047.jpg

d03626a4-e30a-192a.jpg

d03626a4-e31e-7e69.jpg

The other was a blue Herron eating a fish. I didn't get a picture of him sadly. But pretty cool to see!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

many years ago, my sunday AM golf buddy and I watched 2 large crows attack, kill and eat a squirrel on the cart path as we were coming up to a tee box. felt bad for the squirrel...it was kind of disturbing to watch.

I had the opportunity to play Poipu Bay in April 2001, and all the courses at Kapalua in April 2003....got to see lots of whale action from the course. awesome. would love to go back there again before I die.

Last edited:
One-t and I saw a tree drop a turd on our friend Marc's shirt Monday. It was funny and ruined his shirt.

One-t and I saw a tree drop a turd on our friend Marc's shirt Monday. It was funny and ruined his shirt.

hahahahahahaha....the best part is when he says...one of those things just fell on me...not knowin git poo'd on him while doing it

The hooters girls greeting players at hole 18 of a tournament a few months ago. Sadly I have no pictures.

At my home course(Willowick), we were standing on the tee box when the leaves in the tree near us started rustling like crazy. Then we see a squirrel jump out of the tree, land on the cart path and take off as fast as he could. A crow then drops out of the tree, hops a few times and then flies away. Next a hawk gracefully swoops out from the tree and chases after the crow. We just stood there with our mouths open thinking what the hell was that.

Two holes later we see the same hawk land in the fairway next to us and put his wings out in front of him covering something. Turns out his persistence paid off and he started eating the damn crow right there! Is that cannibalism? I guess not. More recently I've seen small feathers raining down when a hawk was eating a bird while sitting on top of the telephone next to the driving range.

Forget National Geographic, go play golf!

I'm going to have to say, seeing and playing with Rodger Clemons. Saw him on the 10th tee and like we were friends he asked us to play along. Didn't have to but did and it was cool of him.

Kongfrontation

I'm going to have to say, seeing and playing with Rodger Clemons. Saw him on the 10th tee and like we were friends he asked us to play along. Didn't have to but did and it was cool of him.

Kongfrontation

Very, is he long and wrong or is he any good?

Back