nytimes: Golf as a Window to the Soul.

Good read. But golfers who need to take it to heart won't do it. A horse's a$$ is what he is because he doesn't think he is a horse's a$$. I played with a new member of our group yesterday. After four-putting the fifth green, he exploded, wound up and swung his putter as hard as he could at his ball, barely missing our partner with his putter and knocking the ball weakly between my feet. He later gave a weak apology and said it was "an accident."

Needless to say, I don't care if I ever play with the guy again!

Thanks for posting the thread. An enlightening read and a reflective reminder.

Very interesting read, I really enjoyed it. Golf is an amazing sport. And, I have a few things to work on it looks like :giggle:

Thanks for posting, enjoyed that.

Great read. It is one of the things I love about golf.

Nice post, never hurts to read and be reminded that we don't ever want to be "that guy" .

Good article.

Really good article. It would be interesting to interview candidates for a job by taking them golfing. I can't wait to explain this new tactic to the boss.

Good article, there are some bad habits I need to cut out on the golf course. But overall, I think the people I golf with leave with a good impression of me.

I have a habit of saying "uh oh" if a shot is straying off course, whether its my own or someon else's. I could see how that could get real old if you are the other guy and I am sayin "uh oh" after your shot... I'm working on it.

I generally agree with that article. Golf is a trying game

I have to admit when I first started playing, I had a temper. It would take a while to boil up but occasionally I'd lose it with a well placed curse word and an even the random tossed club. Then one day I played with a buddy who rarely played and practiced even less - it was the most miserable round I have ever played. I never want to be the guy making other people's rounds miserable. Will the angry demon pop up on the rare occasion? Sure, but learning to laugh at myself and my golf game sure has helped.

now that was a really interesting read and i am supposed to be playing golf soon with the owner and managing director of the hotel i work at (maybe i'm up for a promotion) :D

Nice article - thanks for posting it Gamma!

Really good article. It would be interesting to interview candidates for a job by taking them golfing. I can't wait to explain this new tactic to the boss.

Agreed. That was a great article! Maybe I'll try highlighting that part about 'prospective hires' and emailing it to corporate for the next time I'm conducting interviews... :smile-big:

Good read, thanks for posting the link

Interesting read...thanks!

That was a good article, thanks for posting it.

thanks for the link

interesting read! Thanks for posting that up OP!

some of the comments made me lol as well.

I couldn't resist reading after OP suggested not to.

Back