Ping Precision Milled Anser Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These arrived at THP HQ yesterday and we wanted to get up some photos for everybody.

i-H54qxBt-L.jpg

i-FHjwNHG-L.jpg

i-jb72W3L-L.jpg

i-jkthJbL-L.jpg

i-3Wgk7vC-L.jpg

i-gJBRRxt-L.jpg

i-fvmkmQX-L.jpg

i-TcVmMr8-L.jpg

i-wfHKqPP-L.jpg

Other than the sole this looks really nice. How does it feel?

I think those look great. Nice and clean looking shapes and designs. Not sure about the model without the alignment aid though.

These were the other putters I saw yesterday locked up. Love the clean look they have. They just look like theyd roll nice. Hopefully better then the Redwood which I thought felt like a brick on a stick.

I think those look great. Nice and clean looking shapes and designs. Not sure about the model without the alignment aid though.

If you're hardcore you don't use one of those anyways.

I think these are gorgeous.
TC - I like the looks of the one without the alignment aid. I wonder how much a putter w/o the aid would hinder my putting.

Rolled these a few times... They felt odd. I'd like to have more time with them and its probably hard to say coming from an insert putter. I liked the simple looks. Just seemed ok putter overall.

• Admin
Other than the sole this looks really nice. How does it feel?

I like the feel quite a bit. Nice and constant throughout the sweet spot with a great sound.

These were the other putters I saw yesterday locked up. Love the clean look they have. They just look like theyd roll nice. Hopefully better then the Redwood which I thought felt like a brick on a stick.

I might not be of help then, because I liked the Redwood quite a bit.

If you're hardcore you don't use one of those anyways.

This is very interesting to me. Its funny how some like alignment in some clubs and not others. Take drivers and putters. Some need them or want them in some and not the other. I guess to me, it has never really mattered after a few swings or strokes. Not sure I have a preference.

I think these are gorgeous.
TC - I like the looks of the one without the alignment aid. I wonder how much a putter w/o the aid would hinder my putting.

Phil use to roll that little bitty heel shafted putter with no alignment aid, you see how good he putts right?

Nice simple look, I like it.

Phil use to roll that little bitty heel shafted putter with no alignment aid, you see how good he putts right?

lol what distance putts are we talking about here

I agree with TC - alignment aid is a must for me. Is this a new design for Ping on the milled face? Wondering what technology is behind it / the intent of how it is supposed to feel & roll.

I like the feel quite a bit. Nice and constant throughout the sweet spot with a great sound.

I might not be of help then, because I liked the Redwood quite a bit.

This is very interesting to me. Its funny how some like alignment in some clubs and not others. Take drivers and putters. Some need them or want them in some and not the other. I guess to me, it has never really mattered after a few swings or strokes. Not sure I have a preference.

JB I was a fan of the redwood too and I didn't think these felt as good. Maybe a bit duller? Maybe I was missing the sweetspot? I know you don't miss it much :) but how did it feel off the toe and heel? I'm just trying to figure out it my ballstriking was off that day.

I have honestly never rolled a putter without an alignment aid. It's just different, not bad or anything.

Yah I was more or less being a smart alec. You are absolutely correct though. I can't stand alignment aids on my drivers, and it actually took some real getting used to on my RAZR Hawk as I actually line the ball up past the toe of the clubface.

these look pretty good to me. Cant imagine putting without a line on the back, but I also prefer a mid mallet.

JB I was a fan of the redwood too and I didn't think these felt as good. Maybe a bit duller? Maybe I was missing the sweetspot? I know you don't miss it much :) but how did it feel off the toe and heel? I'm just trying to figure out it my ballstriking was off that day.

Honestly I have not tried it, but I will today for you.

As much as I like mallet/mid-mallet I've been rolling the #5 in GolfSmith a ton lately. It's cool to have a face balanced anser putter, long hosel and all. As to the feel, it's superb to me, not on the level of say like a Betti or Pirreti but then again I'm not a huge feel guy when it comes to putters. I pretty much just wanna have a consistent feedback when I strike the ball, plus I game an insert putter so I'm at a little disadvantage here. It reminds of the #9 feel for those who are familiar with that one.

EDIT! I forgot to mention, it's totally individual but the grip choice on these is kinda lacking imo.

Really good video coming up in a new thread showing the sound differences between this putter and the Redwood.

Is that actually a "sound slot" on one of them or just a marking? If so can you tell the difference between the two and is this a standard feature or a WRX option?

Back