THP Fantasy Football League #1 Draft Lottery

That would be awesome! Except I'm pessimistic about the Dolphins this year, bad O-line = bad team. What's weird is that Henne has actually played better than anyone expected in the preseason, and now the O-line just sucks and the running game isn't much better. At least the defense is halfway decent.

I was joking the Dolphins are terrible! They make it so hard to be a fan, but I still am, even with that awful trade of Reggie Bush, ugh that guy bothers me!

I will enjoy my Panther football. We have no expectations bro. We'll be better than people think.

I guess its not hard to be better then... last years Panthers. Maybe us Cowboy fans should start being happy with 1-15 too and we'll all have a happy holiday

at least you're not a Buffalo fan

I was joking the Dolphins are terrible! They make it so hard to be a fan, but I still am, even with that awful trade of Reggie Bush, ugh that guy bothers me!

Whoa...!!! You would take Romo and Austin over a Cutler/White combo????????????? Seriously??? I bet you would also take Terrance Newman over Revis too huh?

I honestly would. Austin was on pace for the best season from a WR in the NFL last year before Romo went down. If they both stay healthy they will speak for themselves...

As for Newman and Revis, absolutely not. Most college CBs can cover better than Newman

TC I will wager anything you want that we will finish with a better record then the Texans and finish higher in the division than the Foreskins.

I don't gamble on football buddy. I use to have an addiction and just like a dirty Texan, you're trying to get me hooked again. Great state my rear!

JB please elaborate on that outlandish statement.. How in the world are the Cowboys fans anything like TW fans?

Read two threads and see the similarities. Its not a blanket statement as there are exceptions, but its close.
No matter what happens, the positive is there.
You cannot be objective because feathers get ruffled.
The constant defense
The praise of a subpar team unlike any other in the NFL.
The constant blame of something else rather than poor play.

I mean its pretty close. That what you get from being on top for years. The Cowboys were Americas team for a long time. They can return to greatness, but for all the crap given by Cowboys fans about Daniel Snyder and his decisions, the striking similarities to Jurry, is funny.

He has????

10-13 with 175 yards and 1 TD in the last game, with the 3 incompletions all drops by his receivers, he was balling!

I know, it's only preseason, I'll go back into my hole. I just saw that Sports Illustrated picked the Dolphins last in the AFC East...even below Buffalo, how can the Dolphins be worse than the Bills?

I guess its not hard to be better then... last years Panthers. Maybe us Cowboy fans should start being happy with 1-15 too and we'll all have a happy holiday

You make it sound like the Cowboys were 12-4 last year and have been dominant for 10 years.
6-10 last year and I believe they have won a total of 1 playoff game since about 1995 or 1996 (I could be wrong, going off memory).

What a bandwagon fan you are. Give me a break. For a team with the expectations they had last year, their season was just as bad as the Panthers. Records mean nothing dude, but in the preseason, when you're expected to be a serious Super Bowl contender, then you don't even make the Playoffs, FAIL! The Cowboys suck dude. With the amount of "talent" they have, they had no reason having the season they did and you and your Texicans know it.

I'm the eternal optimist for the Dolphins, that's why I try to stand up for them. I will say that living around Boston makes it really hard to be a Dolphins fan, this is what it feels like:

JB,

If you consider yourself a true fan of a team then you should be positive, or as positive as possible. Every year my expectation for the Cowboys is the playoffs, because thats what you should expect from a team that has had as much success as they have. I can absolutely be objective. I will be happy with 10-6 this year, and I think that may be reaching. Our defense is very questionable, and that will hurt us. As for always on the defense, its hard not to be when everyone in here loves to rip on the Cowboys. I am not at all offended because going to school in Missouri I am used to that, but honestly always on the defense because you guys are always on offense.

I only give you Texans crap b/c you're my boys. My team sucks ass, I know that. But we have potential to be better. It's just fun to rip on Dallas, that's all.

You make it sound like the Cowboys were 12-4 last year and have been dominant for 10 years.
6-10 last year and I believe they have won a total of 1 playoff game since about 1995 or 1996 (I could be wrong, going off memory).

We won the Superbowl in 1995, but since then we have only won 2 playoff games

What a bandwagon fan you are. Give me a break. For a team with the expectations they had last year, their season was just as bad as the Panthers. Records mean nothing dude, but in the preseason, when you're expected to be a serious Super Bowl contender, then you don't even make the Playoffs, FAIL! The Cowboys suck dude. With the amount of "talent" they have, they had no reason having the season they did and you and your Texicans know it.

lol. How does it go... you are what your record says you are. We were an average to below average team last year who lost our starting QB and well the Panters got the first pick in the draft. Whats your excuse if we suck? Let me guess, the OL was injured, Steve Smith injured etc etc... the Panthers were a terrible team.

I bet if the Panthers could implement some rust on their helmets OEM would become a fan.

I only give you Texans crap b/c you're my boys. My team sucks ass, I know that. But we have potential to be better. It's just fun to rip on Dallas, that's all.

You know whats called right? Jumping on the bandwagon with all the other haters. hahahaha

lol. How does it go... you are what your record says you are. We were an average to below average team last year who lost our starting QB and well the Panters got the first pick in the draft. Whats your excuse if we suck? Let me guess, the OL was injured, Steve Smith injured etc etc... the Panthers were a terrible team.

I don't make excuses dude. Never have. I just roll with the dice and watch Football. Go Skins!

Ya I understand, I have had it since I moved out here, I dont mind it as I enjoy all this banter leading up to the draft.. I just wish you would admit we have better BBQ than you TC :hungry:

We won the Superbowl in 1995, but since then we have only won 2 playoff games

So I was right. They have won one playoff game since 1996.
They were superbowl predictions from half of their fans last year.
They fell flat on their face right out of the gate.
I hope they do well this year, because its good for the game.
And their fans are so defensive...hehe
Does this not at all sound like the same thing that is said in every Tiger Woods thread?

Ya I understand, I have had it since I moved out here, I dont mind it as I enjoy all this banter leading up to the draft.. I just wish you would admit we have better BBQ than you TC :hungry:

Never! Nah, I've been to Texas a few times man, I love Austin, I partied hard there. Great bbq for sure, but it's just different from Carolina bbq. Ours is sweeter and saucier. I like both. I did eat the best steak in my life in TX, and I met some awesome chicks. To bad the dudes in Texas are wierdos, lol

Lets remember guys that this is the Fantasy Football draft thread.
We have both a banter away thread and a NFL thread.
Maybe we need a Cowboys thread as well, like we have for Tiger Woods.

JB,

If you consider yourself a true fan of a team then you should be positive, or as positive as possible. Every year my expectation for the Cowboys is the playoffs, because thats what you should expect from a team that has had as much success as they have. I can absolutely be objective. I will be happy with 10-6 this year, and I think that may be reaching. Our defense is very questionable, and that will hurt us. As for always on the defense, its hard not to be when everyone in here loves to rip on the Cowboys. I am not at all offended because going to school in Missouri I am used to that, but honestly always on the defense because you guys are always on offense.

I am not sure I 100% agree here. OEM Kevin and ddec are die hard Cowboys fans, so it Puttin4Romo so I don't think everyone is on the offense. And most of it is just fun trash talking. I make fun of my team as much as I stick up for them. In the end it's all about the fantasy points, just ask Arian Foster.

I don't make excuses dude. Never have. I just roll with the dice and watch bad Football. Go foreSkins!

Yup. I like the honesty bro.

Back