2011 Golf Ball Test??

jwalker497

Reaction score
Handicap
What information are you looking for that you can't get from the dozens of threads on different balls that are here?

Threads are great but don't really give any concrete numbers and peoples experiences are very subjective.

Threads are great but don't really give any concrete numbers and peoples experiences are very subjective.

Isn't that the same across the board? A ball works differently for different people. A magazine editor isn't going to be any better at fitting you for a ball than somebody here.

Oh, and the blind ball (B330-RX) review thread gave concrete numbers from two people. Me being one of them.

check out Hanks's thread on ball testing. He tried 6 or 7 balls on a LM to get concrete numbers out of them.

The 2008 ball test I referred to was good because it it hit every ball with the a wedge swung at the same speed and recorded the spin. It did the same for a driver and distance, etc. No offense to anyones work on the threads but even one person isnt going to be able to control the many variables in their own test.

Oh, and the blind ball (B330-RX) review thread gave concrete numbers from two people. Me being one of them.

This. Check the Blind Ball Testing thread. A couple of the testers spent time on Launch Monitors to give us concrete data. Also, with that testing, reviewers with different types of game, some low and some high handicapper provided valid insight to not only the test ball (B330-RX), but also talked aobut other major balls out there, Penta, Pro V1, etc etc.

Are you a robot? It doesn't matter what iron byron says. He's not you.

I can tell you right now without seeing ANY numbers which balls spin the most and which spin the least. I get that you are looking for a ball, but you've made something like 18 threads in the last week asking the same basic question.

So unless someone has a robot test results aren't valid to you? Just go with whatever a magazine says then since they have the robot(s) and hope it works for your game then

The 2008 ball test I referred to was good because it it hit every ball with the a wedge swung at the same speed and recorded the spin. It did the same for a driver and distance, etc. No offense to anyones work on the threads but even one person isnt going to be able to control the many variables in their own test.

Think about what you just wrote and you have your answer.

Personally I would rather have concrete evidence from a real golfer than a machine, but I may be in the minority here.

So unless someone has a robot test results aren't valid to you? Just go with whatever a magazine says then since they have the robot(s) and hope it works for your game then

clearly he didn't watch The Morgan Cup Coverage. My swing is the same every time, picture perfect. I can tell you what is the longest, most accurate, and most spiniest( I think that's a word, if not I made it up).

ddec bot ftw!
clearly he didn't watch The Morgan Cup Coverage. My swing is the same every time, picture perfect. I can tell you what is the longest, most accurate, and most spiniest( I think that's a word, if not I made it up).

Personally I would rather have concrete evidence from a real golfer than a machine, but I may be in the minority here.

I'm with you JRod

Im looking back through the blind ball thread, thanks.

Jwalker, For you to say that the THPer's didn't give you an accurate account or didn't supply LM numbers is just absurd. Sure, I didn't post launch monitor results, cuz I don't have access to one. But I thought that I did an accurate account of the way the B330RX worked for me. Every golfer will have somewhat different results even using the same equipment. If we all swung a club the same way with the same loft, lie, power, stance, ball placement and all. Then I would say you were correct, we didn't give you the info you were looking for. However, every persons golf swing is a little different so I just don't think you read thru the ball threads. I think you trying to find a miracle ball for your game with out doing the research for it.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

Jwalker, For you to say that the THPer's didn't give you an accurate account or didn't supply LM numbers is just absurd. Sure, I didn't post launch monitor results, cuz I don't have access to one. But I thought that I did an accurate account of the way the B330RX worked for me. Every golfer will have somewhat different results even using the same equipment. If we all swung a club the same way with the same loft, lie, power, stance, ball placement and all. Then I would say you were correct, we didn't give you the info you were looking for. However, every persons golf swing is a little different so I just don't think you read thru the ball threads. I think you trying to find a miracle ball for your game with out doing the research for it.

I don't think he was trying to discount the hard work everyone has put in when it comes to testing. He was simply saying he wants to see the hard numbers the magazines put out. Nothing wrong with that.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I wasn't discounting anything that any tester did. This thread isn't even about the blind ball testing, its about the link I posted.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I wasn't discounting anything that any tester did. This thread isn't even about the blind ball testing, its about the link I posted.

Well, I apologize for my opinion then. I hope the other testers didn't read your post the way that I took it. I hope you find the info you are looking for. And the right ball for your game!

Well, I apologize for my opinion then. I hope the other testers didn't read your post the way that I took it. I hope you find the info you are looking for. And the right ball for your game!

It all good, no worries. I hope it didn't come across that way either because that blind ball thread is probably the coolest thread I have ever read! Testers did a great job and it was very informative.

I found this link, if you scroll through you can see a preview of the Test. I really want to see the full article. At least with the preview, you can see wedge spin data which actually coincides very closely with the 2010 Golf Digest wedge testing but I am looking for driver distance and spin.

http://issuu.com/golfworld/docs/june_golf_world

Back