The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of cowboy fans in this thread last night thought so for sure......

Did you think we would beat the Jets? I sure didnt I would say most people didnt. It is 1 game in a very long season, and the Jets are one of the best teams the Cowboys will face all year. I will still stand by my 8-8 prediction

Take the Sanchez hate out of it for a second and you'll see that Sanchez is a better QB than Nationwide Tour Romo at this point. He manages a game better, has better playoff numbers (stats, wins), and has won on the road in the playoffs. More than Mr.Romo has done so far.

God bless Cam Newton. He's like the opposite of Romo.

I feel bad for Dallas fans. They should've won last night. But in all honesty JB, I could substitiute Mark Sanchez for Romo in you post and it too would be accurate.
You know the Cowboys threw at Revis a lot last night....they sure weren't afraid of him....they just went to the Island one too many times.

It was like clockwork. After Romo threw the ball away on 1st and Goal from the 3 to start the 4th qtr I said to my Dad "You know he has been pretty good tonight so far. He hasn't tried to force the issue and hasn't made many plays that makes you scratch your head. I hope that doesn't change." I should have known better. The 2nd down play was nearly picked and would have been taken back for 6, and the play after that he fumbles. Then he tries to force the issue with a receiver who had little left at that point while he's being covered by Revis. WTF! Frustrating night. While I think there are some good signs to take away from that game, it more reminded me of Lee Westwood in a major solid for 3 parts and then can't close the door.

He's caucasian Donovan McNabb

He just smiles. That is starting to get annoying. Smiles after a td, after a fumble, after a pick. It's almost like he's not all there.

Look at all the haters this morning. I like stirring the pot b/c all I've been told for months is how much the Panthers suck, how big of a reach Cam Newton was, etc. Bottom line: he exceeded all expectations. To call the Cardinals Defense average is also a bit of a reach. They have a solid D line, an excellent pass rusher in Joey Porter and imo, an overrated secondary. Peterson and Wilson are both studs. Cam just put balls in the perfect position and Steve Smith appears to have some mojo back.

As far as Sanchize goes, I agree, he's more than capable but I love ruffling Hanks' feathers about it. I also think that Dez Bryant absolutely gas'd last night and that didn't help Romo's cause at all.

I love debating with all you experts in here, it's fun. You all think you're right, all the time. I spent an entire season last year rooting for a team that flat out sucked. Even though my Panthers lost, they played a great football game. More than anything, they proved they'll be competitive and won't lay down and die.

Not ruffled at all. I just like to keep things in a realistic perpective that all. Now excuse me while I search for my Cam Newton HOF voting ballot

Look at all the haters this morning. I like stirring the pot b/c all I've been told for months is how much the Panthers suck, how big of a reach Cam Newton was, etc. Bottom line: he exceeded all expectations. To call the Cardinals Defense average is also a bit of a reach. They have a solid D line, an excellent pass rusher in Joey Porter and imo, an overrated secondary. Peterson and Wilson are both studs. Cam just put balls in the perfect position and Steve Smith appears to have some mojo back.

As far as Sanchize goes, I agree, he's more than capable but I love ruffling Hanks' feathers about it. I also think that Dez Bryant absolutely gas'd last night and that didn't help Romo's cause at all.

I love debating with all you experts in here, it's fun. You all think you're right, all the time. I spent an entire season last year rooting for a team that flat out sucked. Even though my Panthers lost, they played a great football game. More than anything, they proved they'll be competitive and won't lay down and die.

I'm an expert in everything, just ask me.

I don't really wanna be a Debbie-downer but you realize it's just 1 game, right?

Using that logic I'd have to write my Steelers off this morning but I'll probably wait awhile before doing that.

I just want to say the following: Peyton Manning doesn't play defense or special teams and so apparently, unless he's at the helm, the Colts can't get out of their own way. I was fortunate enough to be at the Texans/Colts game yesterday and all the "No Manning, No Problem, it just the Texans" signs gave me a laugh as the game ended just 12 minutes in.

Not ruffled at all. I just like to keep things in a realistic perpective that all. Now excuse me while I search for my Cam Newton HOF voting ballot

hahaha, you're so jealous bro. Who would've thunk he'd outscore Drew Brees in week 1 huh? Hater!

I don't really wanna be a Debbie-downer but you realize it's just 1 game, right?

Using that logic I'd have to write my Steelers off this morning but I'll probably wait awhile before doing that.

Yup, I sure do. But what were your expectations? Seriously. The Steelers sucked arse yesterday. I loved watching that game. Pig Pen was turrible. I bet you wanted Cam Newton didn't you?

Bring on the hate and the excuses. "it's just week 1". Hahahaha, whatever.

Dude stop stealing my maneuvers!

You know what I learned after yesterday buddy?

Thank god I'm not a Cowboy fan. What a long season this could be. Tony "panic mode" Romo at the healm is scary stuff. Dez Bryant looks like he can't play a complete game of football and that secondary is just waiting to be torched. At least Demarcus Ware looks good.

And the Jets, they'll get killed by the Ravens/Pats/Steelers. The better find a running game and quick like.

You know what I learned after yesterday buddy?

Thank god I'm not a Cowboy fan. What a long season this could be. Tony "panic mode" Romo at the healm is scary stuff. Dez Bryant looks like he can't play a complete game of football and that secondary is just waiting to be torched. At least Demarcus Ware looks good.

And the Jets, they'll get killed by the Ravens/Pats/Steelers. The better find a running game and quick like.

Wait you mean the guy from Iowa who can't even spell his own name isn't the answer?

I really enjoyed watching the Panthers yesterday. It was the first time in like two years, I have felt excited about the future of the Panthers. I think the whole team whole team was just pumped and enjoying the start to a good season. On another note, we have a long hard road ahead of us this year. I hope they can fix some of the small errors from yesterday and come out with a solid game against Green Bay next week. I know it is going to be a really hard game, A.R. is on fire right now.

All this Sanchez talk about him being better than Romo blah blah blah. This is a GOLF forum and Romo is a better golfer! Enough said. :D

All this Sanchez talk about him being better than Romo blah blah blah. This is a GOLF forum and Romo is a better golfer! Enough said. :D

Uh actually AR is a really good golfer as well. I think they have similar HC's

Hanks, ditch the avatar dude. It's too "Men's Journal" for my liking.

Hanks, ditch the avatar dude. It's too "Men's Journal" for my liking.

yah I'd have to agree, no wonder he likes Sanchez after the photo shoot he just got trashed for.

yeah you're right...Tony can keep his 1992 Starter endorsement....D Mac is all about the Chunky Soup

Thats so unfair to McNabb.

I sure didn't that's for sure

hahaha, you're so jealous bro. Who would've thunk he'd outscore Drew Brees in week 1 huh? Hater!

If they don't, you're right

Hanks, didn't you draft Greene? He killed Kmac last year. LT looks like he should get the bulk of the touches if you ask me.

Yeah but only because I had too....it's like getting a lap dance at 3am....he was the best one available at that point so this beggar couldn't be a chooser.

Last year you knew they (not this we garbage) weren't going to trust him with the full load which is why LT 2.0 got the work. that and he didn't fumble. this year Greene is supposed to be the work horse with LT being the 3rd down back and split out in passing situations. Last night it was clear the Jets wanted to be a passing team hence LT's over-involvement and Greene's limited time. If they do that a lot this year it's going to kill them

Hanks, didn't you draft Greene? He killed Kmac last year. LT looks like he should get the bulk of the touches if you ask me.

Its flat out comical watching you in this thread and then watching you play Mr. 2.0 in the fantasy football thread...Whoa is me.
Not everybody thought it was a reach. And my favorite part of this whole thing is you HATED the draft pick. I read the draft thread this morning, maybe you need a refresher course on it yourself. You did NOT want them to take him remember? There were a few that kept saying to you "just watch, Cam will be a stud".
But I do enjoy watching stir the pot TC, because whoa is me TC in fantasy is just not fun.

yah I'd have to agree, no wonder he likes Sanchez after the photo shoot he just got trashed for.

Was that before or during the interview that Vick is getting trashed for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back