The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately yes, but that doesnt take away from the fact that he played a pretty good game.

This sounds familiar. Heard that through the years with Favre. The thing with Favre, though, was though he gave some games away, there were a lot more games where the TDs outweighed the INTs. Especially when he was Romo's age. Romo seems to rarely be able to finish a game off.

Kevin

And obviously I wish that was the case, but I think we take some away good things from this game would you agree? 3 points to the Jets isnt a bad game esp in New York

Nope. This team looks just as poor as they have the past several seasons, badly prepared, poor execution, and terrible play from the QB.

--
tapatalk

And obviously I wish that was the case, but I think we take some away good things from this game would you agree? 3 points to the Jets isnt a bad game esp in New York

What I take from this game is that nothing has changed. Same bad decision making new year. What can be taken from a loss? I don't understand that

Nope. This team looks just as poor as they have the past several seasons, badly prepared, poor execution, and terrible play from the QB.

--
tapatalk

Just saw that last INT again while Costas and Dungy talk. Yikes. That was one sad decision.

Kevin

What I take from this game is that nothing has changed. Same bad decision making new year. What can be taken from a loss? I don't understand that

Did you think we would beat the Jets? I sure didnt I would say most people didnt. It is 1 game in a very long season, and the Jets are one of the best teams the Cowboys will face all year. I will still stand by my 8-8 prediction

Just saw that last INT again while Costas and Dungy talk. Yikes. That was one sad decision.

Kevin

Yep. One the best in the game playing underneath coverage and safety help over the top, your receiver has been lame since the 1st quarter and you short arm it?! Heck at least put it in a place where only he can catch it.

--
tapatalk

Yep. One the best in the game playing underneath coverage and safety help over the top, your receiver has been lame since the 1st quarter and you short arm it?! Heck at least put it in a place where only he can catch it.

--
tapatalk

But he threw it nice and soft so at least it was easy to catch.

Kevin

But he threw it nice and soft so at least it was easy to catch.

Kevin

Haha. He is quite the considerate fellow isn't he? How very cosmopolitan of him.

--
tapatalk

I cant believe Mcnabb only had 15 attempts and ONLY 39 yards. I was very disappionted, first play interception. And as far as Romo goes its not like its the first time hes done that. Hes great for getting 270+ yards a game but no clutch.

I didn't watch any games today except the Cowboys and Jets. Looks like the Steelers struggled a little bit. And the Falcons.

Kevin

I didn't watch any games today except the Cowboys and Jets. Looks like the Steelers struggled a little bit. And the Falcons.

Kevin
And the Chefs.

Sanchez will blow it....wait for it. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

So much irony here.

Huge sack! Now Dallas will get to throw a pick 6 to lose the game.

Puttin4nostradamus

You sound surprised! You've watched him before right?

Remember when I said that Dallas has a knack for snatching a defeat from the jaws of victory? Yep, they still got it.

Frustrating game for Dallas fans. I still think Romo played a good game

Romo played a few good series. As usual

Most people would take 320 yards and 2 TDs 1 INT not a bad game.

Yeah, if you play just fantasy football, the guy did great. Just as always. However in typical Romo fashion, fantasy football numbers mean very little. Its the reason that they have done nothing since he has been the starter and the reason that their prediction has been so easy each and every year. He is a stat accumulator because he is a fine QB inside the 20s. He makes 2-3 really bad decisions a game and it is up to the rest of the team to bail him out and they get the win or play regular football and then just as in this case, they lose. This loss is on almost nobody else but Romo. Sure the secondary let some points up in the 2nd half, but with the game on the line, Romo gave them a pretty little gift wrapped up in a nice bow. It was a terrible decision, a terrible pass and a complete gift.

He also had a TD that was questionable (could have been another pick), a fumble, a complete tunnel vision game, a panic attack or two every time pressure was there, and my favorite Romo of them all...Every 3rd and more than 8 yards, he passes to Witten for 6 yards.

I have said this each of the seasons he has started and been ridiculed by his fans including last year where we heard the ludicrous super bowl predictions. He is the most overrated QB in the NFL and has been for a number of years because he is a stat accumulator and a guy that relies too much on WRs to save him, rather than making WRs look great. A guy that lets his team bail him out with horrible throws and mental mistakes. This year I said he will turn the corner and we will start seeing a better QB. Unfortunately last night, we saw the exact same Romo that has been behind center for a number of years and when push comes to shove, he folds like a lawn chair.

if i was a dallas fan id want romo out. everytime he made a mistake last night he would walk off the field smiling! dude u just blew the game, threw a pic not time to smile

God bless Cam Newton. He's like the opposite of Romo.

I feel bad for Dallas fans. They should've won last night. But in all honesty JB, I could substitiute Mark Sanchez for Romo in you post and it too would be accurate.

I feel bad for Dallas fans. They should've won last night. But in all honesty JB, I could substitiute Mark Sanchez for Romo in you post and it too would be accurate.

LOL dude. You crack me up.

LOL dude. You crack me up.

Don't hate. In one game Cam is becomming what it took Mike Vick 8 years to become. He's just that good. Cowboy fans should just hope for a dismal season so they can draft Luck.

Don't hate. In one game Cam is becomming what it took Mike Vick 8 years to become. He's just that good. Cowboy fans should just hope for a dismal season so they can draft Luck.

Maybe one day he can achieve Randall Cunningham status.

PS Mike Vick won't make it through the entire season. He wears down.

Ummm Wow. Couple of things for me here. While I think Sanchez is hugely overrated as a QB, he has proven he can manage games and win. Something Romo has yet to prove and showed again last night.
And I am not sure I see the Cam Newton and Mike Vick thing? 8 years? Mike Vick has won in the playoffs previously. They are also very different players. Comparing him to Vick is like comparing him to JaMarcus. Neither has any merit whatsoever.

It was like clockwork. After Romo threw the ball away on 1st and Goal from the 3 to start the 4th qtr I said to my Dad "You know he has been pretty good tonight so far. He hasn't tried to force the issue and hasn't made many plays that makes you scratch your head. I hope that doesn't change." I should have known better. The 2nd down play was nearly picked and would have been taken back for 6, and the play after that he fumbles. Then he tries to force the issue with a receiver who had little left at that point while he's being covered by Revis. WTF! Frustrating night. While I think there are some good signs to take away from that game, it more reminded me of Lee Westwood in a major solid for 3 parts and then can't close the door.

It was like clockwork. After Romo threw the ball away on 1st and Goal from the 3 to start the 4th qtr I said to my Dad "You know he has been pretty good tonight so far. He hasn't tried to force the issue and hasn't made many plays that makes you scratch your head. I hope that doesn't change." I should have known better. The 2nd down play was nearly picked and would have been taken back for 6, and the play after that he fumbles. Then he tries to force the issue with a receiver who had little left at that point while he's being covered by Revis. WTF! Frustrating night. While I think there are some good signs to take away from that game, it more reminded me of Lee Westwood in a major solid for 3 parts and then can't close the door.

Nah the best was clearly him standing around pondering his golf game while the rest of the team was playing football. Did you see the look on his face when the snap hit him in the chest. It was like a deer in thee headlights.

exactly, one game.. dont get too excited over one game, against a less then average defense

Green bay put up a lot of points on a sub par d. They also got a lot of points put up on their d. If green bay plays a team with good offense and defense. I think they lose

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Drew B. is a great qb with some nice weapons. The great ones will always score pints. Yes, the packs D needs to tighten up but they will be fine. As soon as Grant takes his rightful place, packers will score even more

Kongfrontation

Nah the best was clearly him standing around pondering his golf game while the rest of the team was playing football. Did you see the look on his face when the snap hit him in the chest. It was like a deer in thee headlights.

He just smiles. That is starting to get annoying. Smiles after a td, after a fumble, after a pick. It's almost like he's not all there.

Yesterday was my tease for the season as the Bills won and gave all of WNY and other Bills fans a glimmer of hope. Sure it was a 41-7 win but I still can't help feel that this feeling will come to a crashing halt. Maybe they beat the Raiders next week and then it's all downhill from there... still say 2-14.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back