What club to add to the bag?

Why add anything? I dont see why someone wouldnt have the ability to go low with those gaps. Just work on consistency.

If you really think you need a club a 3 wood is always nice.

With what you've said about your driver, I would probably go look for a 3W. If you find a good one for your swing, you will almost certainly out hit your 5W. Believe it was said before, but you may want to look at the mashie 14˚.

Another vote for a 3W. What loft is your driver? Maybe it's too low-lofted so a 15* 3W might be the ticket. Good luck.

What's your sand game like? No matter how many turf wedges are in my bag, I like a certain dedicated sand iron just for bunkers. But that's me, I suppose.

Without knowing more or seeing your swing my guess from these numbers you have posted is the higher the loft the better the distance you are getting from your swing. There are higher lofted drivers available, you might be able to get one with as much as 14 degrees of loft. For a 3W I would suggest you go with a 16 degree loft, the added loft will help your distance more than a lower lofted 3W, plus it is much easier to hit off the ground. I don't know what process you went through to decide on a 2 hybrid but given the loft issue I would bet that you could hit a 3 hybrid as far if not farther than you are hitting the 2H.

OG - to elaborate just a bit...as you know I just made a couple of purchases. The driver is really great but the guy swinging it still struggles with that club. On the other hand the 3W - which is equally great - is getting dialed in. At the range last night I really started paying attention and it was obvious the 3W is long enough that any reasonably well struck shot is going to be more than fine on virtually any hole. Adequate distance + confidence + fairways = very good thing. Playing a regular 3W is probably enough. But since you already have the 5W I'd really think about finding a 3W with less loft that you are comfortable with.

Without knowing more or seeing your swing my guess from these numbers you have posted is the higher the loft the better the distance you are getting from your swing. There are higher lofted drivers available, you might be able to get one with as much as 14 degrees of loft. For a 3W I would suggest you go with a 16 degree loft, the added loft will help your distance more than a lower lofted 3W, plus it is much easier to hit off the ground. I don't know what process you went through to decide on a 2 hybrid but given the loft issue I would bet that you could hit a 3 hybrid as far if not farther than you are hitting the 2H.

Good points made there. I got the 2 hybrid a couple of years ago just to fill a distance. I probabaly should look at a newer 3 hybrid that will fill the same gap and be more accurate/forgiving. Thanks

Looking at your current bag, I would also suggest a 15* 3W.
I would look for something with a titanium head/face and at least 185cc.
I bet you can blast it past your driver with tighter dispersion & more consistency.

3W or Niblick.

Back