What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The round before last I actually played another Ti-Tech and had a soid round with it. I may go pick up a bunch of them, lol.

I found one on the course last round. We fed it to the pond! I do have a lot of them I'll bring to you in Des Moines!

Bridgestone B330-RX in pink, it plays just like my yellow B330-RX and I did like the comments from folks about the pink, it made me laugh.

Bridgestone B330-RX in pink, it plays just like my yellow B330-RX and I did like the comments from folks about the pink, it made me laugh.

My favorite ball dude! Great choice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Funny how people get worked up about a pink ball. My gf's son wont touch it even if I give his poor ass one. I love that ball. Sure as shat know which ball is yours when you play haha

The Nike 20XI -X ball. Its...meh fine I guess. Seems to cut pretty easily, decent spin, and decent length. Basically..its just...decent lol. I can see why the pro shops around here are selling them for 29.99 instead of the 40 bucks; having a hard time getting folks coming back for more. I played the Tour Ds until they vanished from the stores at that price but I don't think I'll be buying a 2nd box.

Think its time to try out the TP3

Using my last Hex Black (such a good ball), when i lose that or its becomes too battered then it will be onto Srixon AD333's. Callaway's over here are £34 a dozen, two dozen AD333's are £28.

E6 solid as always found a titleist prov1 x and gave it a whirl I enjoyed putting with it a lot with my new Newport at hand ;)

Been playing with the Callaway HX Diablo. Distance seems good - i usually out drive my partners Soft off the clubs and though it isn't supposed to be a high-spin ball, it sticks on the greens. I have a high trajectory that probably has a lot to do with that, but if I hit the green it stays on.

Feels soft off the putter too.

Boring, I know, right!

Last edited:
+1

I'm excited to compare the Hex Black to other balls after the MC is done. I think I'll go do another ball fitting since my last one was based off the G20 driver and now I want to see which one works best with the Razr Fit since that will be in the bag for a bit

I need to stop dragging my feet and try the Hex Black's. I just wish they made it in yellow like they do the Chrome.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

HX Diablo Tour, which is now my full time gamer. Though I do want to try the Q-Star at some point.

The HX DT just works for me. Works well off all of my clubs and sticks to greens on full shots. Enough check around the greens for me to work with.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the penta?

I wouldn't say there's much I dislike about the Penta TP5. It's a fine ball. Just doesn't blow me away. I'm still pretty undecided on what ball I prefer.

I played the Q star, It was a nice ball but I wasn't able to hold the green as easily.

Played last years Penta ball yesterday. I really enjoyed these balls.

There are so many balls I want to try, but I'm guessing the Hex Black is going to be in my bag for awhile with the sale thats going on.

I'd love to be your girlfriends son if you gave me free balls.
Funny how people get worked up about a pink ball. My gf's son wont touch it even if I give his poor ass one. I love that ball. Sure as shat know which ball is yours when you play haha

I wouldn't say there's much I dislike about the Penta TP5. It's a fine ball. Just doesn't blow me away. I'm still pretty undecided on what ball I prefer.

Fair enough. I was using the e6 and tried a few balls and found the TP5 to give me 25 yards extra distance and great check on the greens. I absolutely love it. I thought I'd struggle off the tee (reason why I was using the e6), but have found the penta to be super straight and long.

played the ProV1X in an outing yesterday, kept it the whole round and we won shooting -13...on 2 holes we took all 3 of my shots for natural birdies :)

Yesterday I played the 2012 B330s in a 10mph wind. The ball really cuts through the wind off every club. I saw very little distance loss into the wind and increased down wind. But the increase down wind is still very controllable. Great around and on the greens. Really enjoy the B330s

Played with a Prov1x yesterday. Didn't care for it. No more, possibly less distance and less straight than the HX Diablo I've been playing. Generally felt harder with less feel around the greens. Was surprised. Don't see how it could be worth it's price.

Is anyone else using the HX Diablo? I bought it based on the review here initially and I keep coming back to it as long (270-290, 95-100 driver SS), straight and soft. Checks well on approaches. Nice touch on greens.

Fun to keep trying new balls, but surprised at how good this $20 dz on sale ball seems to be.

Bridgestone E6 yesterday, didn't do much for me. I have been playing a qstar and like them more than the E6.

sent from my brain using my thumb.

Played a Yellow Srixon Z-Star Tuesday. Loved it. Been playing Srixon Trispeed and Q-Star. I thought the Q-Star was good, but the Z-Star was even better. All my irons checked up next to my ball mark, excellent trajectory and distance off the tee, soft feel, and the ball just never seem to scuff or even get dirty. And the yellow is so easy find. It was my first adventure into the premium balls and I might never switch back.

Got a box of Srixon Distance from a friend, only played on round with them so far. Goes long and straight, but putting was a bit tricky, springy of the face of my metal-x #1 putter. Maybe the insert+"The high repulsion Energetic Gradient Growth core" is a bit too much....

Hope my spelling isn´t to bad.

Played yesterday and shot 37 with the bridgestone E6 optic yellow. Have to say that ball surprised me on how well it played. Distance was about the same as my Hex blacks but it has a little higher ball flight than im used too. Overall a pretty good ball.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Played a yellow Z-Star tour, I was playing on some pretty hard greens on my local course that I have played before and the z star was the only ball I have ever seen take HUGE bounces off the GREENS from about 150 out with a nine iron. High fade and they would come in a bounce like I hit a cart path and fly forward and then check and stop. Twice I dropped a old penta and hit it again and the penta didnt do it on one whole and I missed the green on the second. Was I just unlucky to hit the greens just right? I know the greens were way hard and dry but I have never seen a ball do this. Am I the only one finding this out?

On a side note I really liked this ball when I missed the green on the short chips and out of the bunkers. Way more spin then the 330rx I was also testing out when I had the chance to hit two shots while waitng on others in the group.

I played the Gamer V2 today and for some reason it really surprised me how soft it felt around the greens today. It performed really well on the little touch shots and I really liked that.

NXT ... I'm not a titleist guy at all but I found it in my bag and loved it around the greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back