Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

I officially want to live in the south where there is bermuda grass.

Live down here and play on it all the time and you might change your mind. :)

I apologize if I missed this, I have read quite a few pages and skimmed quite a few more.

Can anyone compare the Hex Black to the B330RX or TP5 in regards to spin?

I have recently swapped to the B330RX's from the TP5 for some extra distance off the tee to put me in lower irons for approaches.
I am now considering looking into the Hex Blacks as well since the sale is happening.

My biggest fear right now in swapping is to much spin, the RX's and TP5's are just about right for me, ProV1's and TP3's generate to much spin for my swing.
If these can match the RX in distance and feel and offer even slightly more control this may be the perfect fit for me.

I apologize if I missed this, I have read quite a few pages and skimmed quite a few more.

I have recently swapped to the B330RX's from the TP5 for some extra distance off the tee to put me in lower irons for approaches.
I am now considering looking into the Hex Blacks as well since the sale is happening.

My biggest fear right now in swapping is to much spin, the RX's and TP5's are just about right for me, ProV1's and TP3's generate to much spin for my swing.
If these can match the RX in distance and feel and offer even slightly more control this may be the perfect fit for me.

Unfortunately, the sale is over.

For me, they are close but I think the Black is a better ball. I have found the RX to be more durable (others don't necessarily agree with this, btw) and comparably straight but the Black to be longer off the tees, better into greens and to have a much nicer feel off the club face. It is a really nice ball - the extra spin into greens with approach shots does not equate to more sideways trouble off the tees.

After playing the RX for a year or so up until the MC and using the Blacks for the past few months I think both are very similar. I haven't seen durability issues with the Black that some have seen but the RX has great durability as well. Both have similar ball flight and feel to me but I've spun more balls and have had more hop and stops with the Black than the RX so that's what puts the Blacks ahead of the RX's for me. They just need to be made in yellow, hear me Callaway?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Thanks for the info guys. I thought the sale went until August 5th - I may have to grab some and give them a try regardless.

Been gaming chromes the past month or so. Pretty durable and long for my swing.Blacks came in this morning. Bought a couple dozen on sale online last week. I'll give em a try and see.

Pretty sure it goes till the 5th. 273 hours. I know GG on the west side had a whole endcap last week. Hopefully they still have some left. Dick's at west towne was sold out over the weekend.

Bought a few clubs at GS the other day and they had the High player number versions and I didnt buy them. I went back the other day they only had the regular version. Oh well. Bought 2 dozen anyway.

What are the different versions?

Edit:
Nevermind I was overthinking the high numbers meaning something about handicap, when in fact it is just the number on the ball...I got high numbers, first sleeve were 7's

The hex blacks are flying off the shelf with this great deal. At dicks in newnan we had 40 dozen friday afternoon by yesterday afternoon we were sold out. Glad to see people trying them out, hope people realize how good they perform like I did. Callaway has def. come out with some great products this year. People need to give them a chance instead of running straight to the taylormade stand.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I hit them the last few weeks and like them. I have to find them somewhere with the new pricing before they end the special.

I'm really liking the Hex Chrome ball and I've used it for the past two rounds. It checks up really well, is long, and straight when I don't accidentally send it somewhere stupid. It now comes in Optical Yellow which is a plus for me.

I hit them the last few weeks and like them. I have to find them somewhere with the new pricing before they end the special.

Amazon.

I actually used this ball in some practice rounds prior to the Media day at the MC. The Hex Black balls to be more specific. Wow! What a freaking good golf ball. I was thoroughly impressed. I thought it was a nice, and improved, progression from the iZ

Crap I wish mine came in today in time for my round, I guess I'll use the Penta TP5 and the Tour iZ until.

Just found them at rockbottomgolf.com. Ordered 3 dozen and got a free ray cook towel. Shipping was only $10 for 3 dozen.

Played my first round with the Black's and was impressed. I usually play the Bridgestone B330 RX. The B330 RX feels a little softer off the club which I prefer. The Black's I noticed less side spin with the driver and a little better spin around the greens. I saw similar distance with between the 2 balls. For the price that the Black's are going for, you can't go wrong with this ball.

Bought a dozen for the $27 sale price with free shipping. I can't wait to try them, should be here in 3-5 days.

Was just in my local GG to pick some of these up and they're out. Completely out. They sold 100 dozen in 3 days which is ridonkulous and can't get any in until the end of next week. Managed to order some online at the store with free shipping which is nice but it's amazing to see how many others like this ball.

Was just in my local GG to pick some of these up and they're out. Completely out. They sold 100 dozen in 3 days which is ridonkulous and can't get any in until the end of next week. Managed to order some online at the store with free shipping which is nice but it's amazing to see how many others like this ball.

I went in last night and snagged their last box of blacks. They also informed me they had sold over 100 dozen in the week.

I put 18 on one of them it's currently in contention for my main gamer. I put 18 holes on it and 9 hole par 3 course to get some extra wedges on it to really try and chew it up, I have no complaints with durability at this point.

I really need to try the black. There's too much love in here for me not to.

These balls just flat out rock, and at $27 a dozen that's like stealing!! If you haven't tried these balls then you owe it to yourself to grab at least a dozen during this sale and take them out on the course. You will want to go back and stock up at that price.

These balls just flat out rock, and at $27 a dozen that's like stealing!! If you haven't tried these balls then you owe it to yourself to grab at least a dozen during this sale and take them out on the course. You will want to go back and stock up at that price.

how did they perform for you at the Morgan Cup? I bought a dozen after Els won and I'm excited to see what I should expect-I've been playing the tour iZ and I heard it knocks it out of the park

how did they perform for you at the Morgan Cup? I bought a dozen after Els won and I'm excited to see what I should expect-I've been playing the tour iZ and I heard it knocks it out of the park

They did very well, I played the entire practice round at True Blue with one ball and you could barely tell it had been hit. And I can't give too much away until the videos go up, but let's just say I putted them REALLY well!

I was feeling a little foolish in running out and getting 4 dozen the first day of this sale, but now I'm pretty happy I did.....although I believe my pro shop still has a few dozen left.

Back