Taylormade Rescue 11 fake or real?

Coachfrizz

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.0
Just got a hybrid off ebay the other day and it came in today and it looked great til I noticed the head cover wasn't the original like it said it was suppose to be. After noticing that I started really getting a fishy a feeling about the club. Buy and sell lots of stuff off there and the seller seems pretty good, he guaranteed the club authentic or double you money back. Anyone heard of or bought fake taylormade rescues?

I've heard of plenty of fake clubs being sold on the bay. What makes you feel this is a fake besides the headcover?
Are you able to upload some good close up pics of the club as I have an original store bought Rescue 11 and could possibly help you?

If the price was too good to be true it usually is. My buddy's wife got him a R11 Hybrid from ebay for super cheap and it turned out to be fake. Paint and markings weren't quite right and no adjustment tool. Always check out the seller's feedback and reviews before buying.

I emailed the guy and told him i thought it was fake and he didn't believe me, so he called taylormade and it is a fake. He is refunding my money

Now that is a good EBay seller, standing behind his word....

This is great to hear. Love an ebay seller actually doing what he said he would do.

who did you buy it from?

I've bought a few clubs on ebay and have never had problems with fakes but I usually stick to the high rated sellers

Just got a hybrid off ebay the other day and it came in today and it looked great til I noticed the head cover wasn't the original like it said it was suppose to be. After noticing that I started really getting a fishy a feeling about the club. Buy and sell lots of stuff off there and the seller seems pretty good, he guaranteed the club authentic or double you money back. Anyone heard of or bought fake taylormade rescues?

I emailed the guy and told him i thought it was fake and he didn't believe me, so he called taylormade and it is a fake. He is refunding my money

Are you getting double your money back??
This was my question too.

^^^^^I was thinking the same thing.

Even still it's nice to see this guy actually contacted TM and told you the truth

High rated sellers dont mean they are all good. Some people are un educated in what they buy. I bought my wife a ring from a seller that only sold this type of ring. it was a fake. So, there are numerous people running around with fakes from this seller. This fake was pretty spot on.

my thought process with ebay is assume there is a fake of pretty much everything around out there somewhere on ebay

thats pretty much why I buy minimally on there

Not getting double the money back, but I don't care I just want what i paid for it back, plus the shipping. He is trying to get his money back from the guy he bought it from. I buy and sell on ebay all the time and this guy seemed legit. Sold 350 things 100% feedback and has been a member since 2002. He had a another club on there and it was about to sell as well and he had to pull it off cause it was fake. He claims he bought the 2 clubs from a buddy and didn't know they were fake.

Not getting double the money back, but I don't care I just want what i paid for it back, plus the shipping. He is trying to get his money back from the guy he bought it from. I buy and sell on ebay all the time and this guy seemed legit. Sold 350 things 100% feedback and has been a member since 2002. He had a another club on there and it was about to sell as well and he had to pull it off cause it was fake. He claims he bought the 2 clubs from a buddy and didn't know they were fake.
Any pictures?

I'll take some before I send it back and try and get them posted it later. The shaft and the head cover is what got my attention

I know the guy did the right thing and all and I'd personally be torn in what I would do and don't fault you for not but I think I would hold him to his "authentic or double you money back" guarantee. Your really being the better person here cause you could really destroy his entire rep on ebay. He could look to do a little better by you than that.

I am taking the guys word when he say he didn't know they were fake. If I thought differently I would have already reported him to ebay and had him banned. As long as I get my money I'll be fine with it. I was starting to get upset with him when he didn't believe me that the club was a fake. He was swearing up and down it was real and I kept telling him it wasn't. I took some pics and will have them posted shortly

What happened to guaranteed authentic or double your money back? I don't care if he knew or not. He said it, hold him to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah some pictures would be great and it will help other members in the future. glad your getting your cash back

I am taking the guys word when he say he didn't know they were fake. If I thought differently I would have already reported him to ebay and had him banned. As long as I get my money I'll be fine with it. I was starting to get upset with him when he didn't believe me that the club was a fake. He was swearing up and down it was real and I kept telling him it wasn't. I took some pics and will have them posted shortly

What happened to guaranteed authentic or double your money back? I don't care if he knew or not. He said it, hold him to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Like I said I don't fault you at all for not going after him and I don't think anyone else should either but my only gripe with this whole situation is it sounds like his "Guarantee" was part of what led you to buying from him. Well to me his ebay sales are pretty bogus if this is the EXACT reason for double your money back. You should ask him how he feels about you leaving him neutral feedback saying "club was a fake but seller refunded me my money but not double"

Fake Taylormade Rescue 11 Pics

Fake Taylormade Rescue 11 Pics

nathan%20Iphone%20020.jpg
The FCT on the front toe of the club didn't have any color and you could barely see it. Sorry I forgot get of pic of that
nathan%20Iphone%20019.jpg
Head Cover is Wrong color and Material
nathan%20Iphone%20023.jpg

nathan%20Iphone%20024.jpg
Shaft is wrong color and Aldila is in the wrong spot and the Skull has a gull mouth and not a Half skull
nathan%20Iphone%20021.jpg
nathan%20Iphone%20022.jpg

The headcover and shaft looks terrible. I can see why those two things alarmed you.

Yes I bought on ebay and had another thread about Me thinking it was fake and then I found out for sure it was and the guy is sending me a refund

Merged with your original thread.

Back