Future of Product Testing on THP

I guess I'm late to add to this thread...I've been outside waiting diligently by my mailbox for my prototype :titleist: “911D2”, :taylormade: “R12” irons, and :nike:“20XI..I” balls to arrive that I thought I'd get by signing up here at THP....REALLY?!? I got here like most of you by searching for information about equipment I intended to purchase. Since then I've made more equipment decisions from info gained here @ THP than anywhere else. Different people articulate and describe things differently.... use adjectives that describe "the sound at contact" or weight in a way that I relate to. If you're THAT interested in "free stuff"...there's a forum for that (see: Forums|Contests and Giveaways)

I don't knowwhat the criteria is for being selected as a tester, but I cannot understand why someone could be more the just "disappointed" that they didn't get selected. I’m sure that everybody would love to have a brand new, unreleased, never before seen set of clubs sent to them to test and report on…it just doesn’t work that way. Today I “DONATED” to THP, not because I believe it will get me something, I donated because I feel that I’ve already GOT something from the site.

Thanks THP for the hard work you put into this…

I guess I'm late to add to this thread...I've been outside waiting diligently by my mailbox for my prototype :titleist: “911D2”, :taylormade: “R12” irons, and :nike:“20XI..I” balls to arrive that I thought I'd get by signing up here at THP....REALLY?!? I got here like most of you by searching for information about equipment I intended to purchase. Since then I've made more equipment decisions from info gained here @ THP than anywhere else. Different people articulate and describe things differently.... use adjectives that describe "the sound at contact" or weight in a way that I relate to. If you're THAT interested in "free stuff"...there's a forum for that (see: Forums|Contests and Giveaways)

I don't knowwhat the criteria is for being selected as a tester, but I cannot understand why someone could be more the just "disappointed" that they didn't get selected. I’m sure that everybody would love to have a brand new, unreleased, never before seen set of clubs sent to them to test and report on…it just doesn’t work that way. Today I “DONATED” to THP, not because I believe it will get me something, I donated because I feel that I’ve already GOT something from the site.

Extremely well said 2shoes! I'm glad you are here and have a feeling you will do very well in testing down the road.

I guess I'm late to add to this thread...I've been outside waiting diligently by my mailbox for my prototype :titleist: “911D2”, :taylormade: “R12” irons, and :nike:“20XI..I” balls to arrive that I thought I'd get by signing up here at THP....REALLY?!?

This made me laugh.
But unfortunately there are many on this site that do think this way.

Said I wouldn't post in this thread any more, but this deserves a :clapp:

Spot on bro. Welcome aboard.

Haha, nicely said. I completely agree with you.

Haha, nicely said. I completely agree with you.

Forum Member Help:

So I have been thinking about that idea of having a 'Guideline' thread where new and current testers can go to see examples of testing techniques and posts that other forum members, or the mods really liked. In order to make this a successful and helpful thread I am going to need your help. If you have a poster, post, testing technique or anything else that you found positive about the testing process please send me a PM with a link to that post so I can get started on creating this master guideline thread.

Thanks!!

Forum Member Help:

So I have been thinking about that idea of having a 'Guideline' thread where new and current testers can go to see examples of testing techniques and posts that other forum members, or the mods really liked. In order to make this a successful and helpful thread I am going to need your help. If you have a poster, post, testing technique or anything else that you found positive about the testing process please send me a PM with a link to that post so I can get started on creating this master guideline thread.

Thanks!!

That is awesome! Thanks GG for doing this for all the testers now and in the future. You are the best!

Keep the suggestions coming, the more you tell me what you like the better I can make this post and the better future testing will be. Thanks!!

You, my friend, are a GOD. This is a perfect post. And you're completely right: people shouldn't sign up expecting to be chosen. There are some 7500 members on the site, and yet people act like they should automatically be chosen. THP is not a site for you to get free equipment all the time (except the contests), it's a place for you to test equipment and help out fellow golfers with your insight. I have made decision on my wedges, putter, hybrid, and irons all from info I gained from THP, along with my own testing. THP is a one-of-a-kind site, and it's disgusting to see people take advantage of the generosity of THP and the OEMs

Forum Member Help:

Thanks!!

Great idea GG as always!

Forum Member Help:

Thanks!!

That is awesome! Glad to hear this.

I'll have to wait until I can get on a computer, but i like the idea

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Because of this site I have replaced every piece of golfing equipment I have including my bag except my putter. That would have been changed yesterday if every TM Tour Ghost didn't already have chips in the paint. Plus this site has me using other equipment from different manufacturers. I'm no longer a TM Ho... LOL I have titleist wedges, nike bag and play bridgestone balls! The rest is TM but it's a start.

Plus... The anticipation of attending the outing is getting to me. Time isn't going by fast enough. Need a HOT TUB TIME MACHINE...

Because of this site I have replaced every piece of golfing equipment I have including my bag except my putter. That would have been changed yesterday if every TM Tour Ghost didn't already have chips in the paint. Plus this site has me using other equipment from different manufacturers. I'm no longer a TM Ho... LOL I have titleist wedges, nike bag and play bridgestone balls! The rest is TM but it's a start.

Plus... The anticipation of attending the outing is getting to me. Time isn't going by fast enough. Need a HOT TUB TIME MACHINE...

Me too. I would never of games Cleveland or callaway, now I have Cleveland 3 wood and hybrid, and callaway wedges lol.. I love it, my gf says I should marry THP lol

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

You, my friend, are a GOD. This is a perfect post. And you're completely right: people shouldn't sign up expecting to be chosen. There are some 7500 members on the site, and yet people act like they should automatically be chosen. THP is not a site for you to get free equipment all the time (except the contests), it's a place for you to test equipment and help out fellow golfers with your insight. I have made decision on my wedges, putter, hybrid, and irons all from info I gained from THP, along with my own testing. THP is a one-of-a-kind site, and it's disgusting to see people take advantage of the generosity of THP and the OEMs

Amen. This site has made me realize there is a lot more to golf than Nike and Titleist haha. I have learned how crucial getting fitted is and through reviews and suggestions on this site I actually purchased some equipment that I probably wouldnt have otherwise. I have also learned that the most expensive ball doesn't= the best ball for most of us. This is a loving and caring community and I absolutely enjoy every second I spend on this website (probably way to much time), but I digress.. This place is awesome not just for golf related info, but for just about anything you could need. I feel like THP really is one big disfunctional family :act-up:

My 2 cents.

Please feel free to share links and posts that you feel are a good example of what a tester should be doing. The more input and feedback we get from the readers the better this process will be.

I was thinking it'd be better off without chatter going on in there. You know, just a thread that had a lot of examples and no chat. That way examples don't get lost in there. Unless of course you are adding all of them to the first post.

EDIT: I see that you have made that post already.

I was thinking it'd be better off without chatter going on in there. You know, just a thread that had a lot of examples and no chat. That way examples don't get lost in there. Unless of course you are adding all of them to the first post.

EDIT: I see that you have made that post already.

I want people to post their examples though, that's the entire point of the thread.

I want people to post their examples though, that's the entire point of the thread.

Yeah I understand, that makes sense. Your post in there says exactly what I meant!

I just recently joined the site and have yet to make a donation or sign up for anything. I stumbled onto the site with a Google search for reviews on the Taylormade Burner 2.0 hybrids. The information I gleaned from the reviews posted by the testers led me to purchase the 3-4-5-6 Burner 2.0. I certainly hope I don't regret the decision but the information available to me was very helpful. I'm older than dirt and looking for some additional distance and accuracy. I enjoy the chat and reviews by real people. I tend to not trust reviews in the golf magazines as I believe that advertising revenue (cynic that I am) drives many of them. Keep up the good work.

This thread seems to be having a very positive outcome. Some great new policies, ideas and thoughts for testers.

I just recently joined the site and have yet to make a donation or sign up for anything. I stumbled onto the site with a Google search for reviews on the Taylormade Burner 2.0 hybrids. The information I gleaned from the reviews posted by the testers led me to purchase the 3-4-5-6 Burner 2.0. I certainly hope I don't regret the decision but the information available to me was very helpful. I'm older than dirt and looking for some additional distance and accuracy. I enjoy the chat and reviews by real people. I tend to not trust reviews in the golf magazines as I believe that advertising revenue (cynic that I am) drives many of them. Keep up the good work.

Welcome! Glad you made a decision and I hope it works out well for you man.

Back