The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get Direct TV or any other satellite provided because I live in an apartment.

I think you can get Sunday Ticket through your PS3 now without DirecTV..

I think you can get Sunday Ticket through your PS3 now without DirecTV..

I dont own a PS3 and dont want to shell out $500 (Ps3 and Sunday ticket) to watch games I can watch for free online. Just need to find a new site.

I cannot get Direct TV or any other satellite provided because I live in an apartment.

Now if that is because of direction or something blocking the view, that may be the case, however in recent years, Federal law prohibits apartment buildings and complexes from not allowing a dish to be installed on a patio or roof out of view. Cable companies were giving kick backs to apartments to keep them from satellite and because of that a law was put in place. I remember a place not allowing me to do so, I contacted some people and low and behold had something to print out sent to me and hand to my building. I had Directv installed 5 days later.

I've never seen this term used in conjunction with Carson Palmer

Palmer has a bigger arm and runs better and has size on Dalton but Dalton is a winner.

Me neither. I wouldn't consider Carson Palmer very mobile.

Palmer has a bigger arm and runs better and has size on Dalton but Dalton is a winner.

Palmer is NOT mobile, especially after his knee was ripped upped several years ago in the playoffs. I would compare his mobility to that of T Brady. Not mobile, but can do enough to keep from getting killed. I hope he is able to get out of Cincy and can return home to the west coast and revive his career. He's been a great guy in the community here in cincy, hopefully this ends well (but I dont expect it to).

Last edited:

Me neither. I wouldn't consider Carson Palmer very mobile.

He's not at all and no where near as mobile as even a guy like Dalton. Since his injuries he is even less relevant in the category.

I was listening to Sirius NFL yesterday and Derrick Brooks was talking about how he grew up in fl played football growing up, in college and in the NFL all in the state of Florida. He never played for a team out of the state. That's pretty amazing. He said there's a couple guys that have done that same thing.

I didn't even realize Carson Palmer retired. Can't say I'm sad, I can't really stand the guy.

I didn't even realize Carson Palmer retired. Can't say I'm sad, I can't really stand the guy.

I agree. Every time he did a interview he came across as a prick with no sense of humor. Have fun in retirement loser.

I agree. Every time he did a interview he came across as a prick with no sense of humor. Have fun in retirement loser.

Yah and when he did talk all he did was b*tch about Ohio and Ohio state. Guy was a total tool.

Another USC guy with all the promise in the world gone into obscurity. Next Up: Matt Leinart

Yah and when he did talk all he did was b*tch about Ohio and Ohio state. Guy was a total tool.

Another USC guy with all the promise in the world gone into obscurity. Next Up: Matt Leinart

Oh wait he's already toiling on the bench in...... Honestly no idea where he signed. Maybe Houston? Doesn't matter he sucks anyway. So who's next? Dirty Sanchez once new York stops listening to jabba babble about how good he is every news conference.

Oh wait he's already toiling on the bench in...... Honestly no idea where he signed. Maybe Houston? Doesn't matter he sucks anyway. So who's next? Dirty Sanchez once new York stops listening to jabba babble about how good he is every news conference.

Probably Reggie Bush. He's pretty terrible. In his honor I shall post the greatest video ever.

Thank you Sheldon , we miss you.

I can't believe the NFL was actually thinking of moving Thursday's opening game to Friday just because the President wants to give a pointless speech.

I haven't seen any real surprises on today's cuts but the Chiefs losing TE Tony Moeaki to injured reserve was surprising to me.

Last edited:
I actually like the cowboys cuts. Garret seems to be making a move to younger faster and more athletic. I like it. So far I think the moves have been good. They may hurt some this year but I think they will be for the best in the long run.

Tapatalk: even romosexuals use it

Yoccos: Thought you would be interested in this...

Went to dinner on Saturday evening and guess who was dining a few tables down? That's right... your boy, Jay Cutler.

I would have posted in your "other" thread, but it is locked.

Went to dinner on Saturday evening and guess who was dining a few tables down? That's right... your boy, Jay Cutler.

That is awesome!!!!

I did have ot lock the thread..... *sigh*

Probably Reggie Bush. He's pretty terrible. In his honor I shall post the greatest video ever.

Thank you Sheldon , we miss you.

Thats awesome!!!

No autograph bro?

Nah man... He was having dinner (and I'm a grown man). But I should have done it for Yoccos!!!

hahahaha. Man, I don't think I could've gone up to him either. I hate hitting athletes up at a meal.

Palmer is NOT mobile, especially after his knee was ripped upped several years ago in the playoffs. I would compare his mobility to that of T Brady. Not mobile, but can do enough to keep from getting killed. I hope he is able to get out of Cincy and can return home to the west coast and revive his career. He's been a great guy in the community here in cincy, hopefully this ends well (but I dont expect it to).

Didn't say he was mobile, but Dalton isn't a speedster either.

Breaking news out of Jacksonville: Jags will cut David Garrard, Luke McCown will start, Blaine Gabbert as backup. News conference at 4:15.

Twice now that they've done this - cut the starter the week of the first game after all of the preseason work. Seems like a wasted preseason to me.

McCown certainly does some things better, but he's been a journeyman his whole career for a reason, too...

Happy birthday to me.

We have been talking about it in the fantasy football thread. Here is my response there.

If you know McCown it makes a little more sense. They lost their big WR that is a possession WR and Garrard is more of an underneath thrower that struggles with the play action pass. Now they are moving forward with Mike THomas, a WR that makes a living off of the play action and more deep threats and save the underneath stuff to their TE and RBs.

Both Gabbert and McCown work the play action fake well and you could argue throw a better deep ball than Garrard.

Breaking news out of Jacksonville: Jags will cut David Garrard, Luke McCown will start, Blaine Gabbert as backup. News conference at 4:15.

Twice now that they've done this - cut the starter the week of the first game after all of the preseason work. Seems like a wasted preseason to me.

McCown certainly does some things better, but he's been a journeyman his whole career for a reason, too...

Happy birthday to me.
I agree with JB. I have never been impressed with Garrard's ability to throw down field. I was still surprised they let him go. I just don't see Josh McCown lasting for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back