TaylorMade xFT Wedges - The Morgan Cup Staff

Just remember the black plates are non-conforming, so if you play in any tournaments that are sticklers for that sort of thing once the grace period expires you would be using a non-conforming club.

I just went straight to the conforming ZTP red plates and have not really noticed any real loss in spin on full shots, only a little loss of spin on chips and pitches, but I also play a slightly less spinny ball than in the past, which also impacts that short-game spin.

As an amateur I think were good till 2024?

I doubt I'll still have these lol

Thanks for all the updates on the wedges everyone. After seeing all the TMaG sponsored players loving these wedges it made me open my eyes to them even more. I witnessed some amazing wedge shots from these guys during The Morgan Cup, great work TaylorMade, everyone of these players rave about the wedges.

i love these wedges i have 4 now and they are prob some of the best wedges i have ever used. my only complaint is that the last couple rounds when its sunny there is a glare on the face plates when i open my wedges up for sand shots or flop shots. its annoying when im trying to pull off a difficult shot and i look down and im almost blinded. does anyone know if the red face plates ZTP are satin or are those face plates also chrome ish. i only have the Z plates on right now. but id prob switch to get rid of the glare.

I am very happy with my xFT wedges. I gamed a different brand prior to the MC and I will never go back. The concept behind the xFT with it's interchangeable faceplate is groundbreaking. I love the idea that I can swap out for new grooves whenever I please. I haven't had to yet and don't think I will have to for the rest of this season. I am completely confident when I have one of my xFT's in hand and truly enjoy hitting them. I have my distance control figured out and love hitting those half or 3/4 wedge shots that many people fear.

The 60* with the c-grind bounce is my go to when I have green side chips. I love opening the face and flopping one near the pin. This is the club I used on #17 at Reunion during the singles match against Esox to stick one for a tap in birdie and go 1 up heading into 18. If you haven't tried an xFT wedge, you should really do yourself a favor and give one a demo. Wedges are some of the most used clubs in your bag and fresh grooves are key for maximum green side spin. It's much cheaper to swap a face plate than to buy a new wedge.

I am very happy with my xFT wedges. I gamed a different brand prior to the MC and I will never go back. The concept behind the xFT with it's interchangeable faceplate is groundbreaking. I love the idea that I can swap out for new grooves whenever I please. I haven't had to yet and don't think I will have to for the rest of this season. I am completely confident when I have one of my xFT's in hand and truly enjoy hitting them. I have my distance control figured out and love hitting those half or 3/4 wedge shots that many people fear.

The 60* with the c-grind bounce is my go to when I have green side chips. I love opening the face and flopping one near the pin. This is the club I used on #17 at Reunion during the singles match against Esox to stick one for a tap in birdie and go 1 up heading into 18. If you haven't tried an xFT wedge, you should really do yourself a favor and give one a demo. Wedges are some of the most used clubs in your bag and fresh grooves are key for maximum green side spin. It's much cheaper to swap a face plate than to buy a new wedge.

DD honestly do you see yourself going out to get the faceplates instead of getting a new wedge? I know that for me, I want a new wedge. I like to change things up quite a bit and I would rather get the new wedge rather than have the dinged up wedge with a spanky new face. Honest question and not trying to dig or anything:question:

DD honestly do you see yourself going out to get the faceplates instead of getting a new wedge? I know that for me, I want a new wedge. I like to change things up quite a bit and I would rather get the new wedge rather than have the dinged up wedge with a spanky new face. Honest question and not trying to dig or anything:question:

Well, I'm kind of a closet OEM'er. I love the idea of popping on a new face plate and will try it atleast once, but I love new wedges too...TaylorMade wedges, of course.

Well, I'm kind of a closet OEM'er. I love the idea of popping on a new face plate and will try it atleast once, but I love new wedges too...TaylorMade wedges, of course.

Hahaha. Good stuff. TM does make a quality wedge. I played the ZTP's and liked them. Thanks for answering my question:clap:

I looked hard at a set of eidolons- but as good as I've been playing eith the xfts, I didn't pull the trigger. Says somethng.

I need to pay off the credit cards after the last trip and don't think I'll be buying much equipment this year. It's gonna be hard!

Do to work, travel and other things I have not gotten on the course in about a month (all changing this weekend) but I have had a couple of opportunities to get out and practice with these wedges. With each session my chips and pitches are getting better and better and I expect my scores to begin to drop soon. Thank you to TM for making these wonderful wedges and for CB, Biggs, SW, and C13 who really got me focused on these wedges by discussing the successes they were having.

Hey, what about me? I raved so much about the Xfts TC told me I better have a really good short game when I got to TMC.

That hurts, man. I wish I would have had a frozen snake to throw at you just when you were hitting that shot.

Kevin

That hurts, man. I wish I would have had a frozen snake to throw at you just when you were hitting that shot.

Kevin

hahaha. A snake may have worked, but a spider definitely would have done the trick.

hahaha. A snake may have worked, but a spider definitely would have done the trick.

I can't deal with spiders. Maybe I'll unleash the cheese.

Kevin

i cant wait to try these clubs out.

I played a round Sunday for my matchplay league. The group plays shorter tees (5700) which meant I have a lot of wedges into greens if I am hitting my driver remotely well. The xFT's performed superbly and I gave myself a lot of birdie opportunities. The greens were firm which took a little getting used to. I am not used to seeing wedge shots bounce and I just had to hit the shots a little shorter. I ended up shooting a 73 (+2) with 3 birdies and owe a lot of the that to the xFT's. I am extremely comfortable when I have one of these wedges in hand.

Highlight: I holed a 20 yard flop shot for a bird!

I played a round Sunday for my matchplay league. The group plays shorter tees (5700) which meant I have a lot of wedges into greens if I am hitting my driver remotely well. The xFT's performed superbly and I gave myself a lot of birdie opportunities. The greens were firm which took a little getting used to. I am not used to seeing wedge shots bounce and I just had to hit the shots a little shorter. I ended up shooting a 73 (+2) with 3 birdies and owe a lot of the that to the xFT's. I am extremely comfortable when I have one of these wedges in hand.

Highlight: I holed a 20 yard flop shot for a bird!

Nice DD! I actually threw my XFTs in the bag for yesterdays round because I'm still inconsistent with my Jaws wedges(though I continue to work on them). I had a good wedge day with them and chipped in for the first time this year.

Great stuff DD, I have these wedges in the bag still and still love playing them. 73 is legit buddy, and with wedges into firm greens with new grooves says a lot about the quality of these clubs.

Nice DD! I actually threw my XFTs in the bag for yesterdays round because I'm still inconsistent with my Jaws wedges(though I continue to work on them). I had a good wedge day with them and chipped in for the first time this year.

Great stuff DD, I have these wedges in the bag still and still love playing them. 73 is legit buddy, and with wedges into firm greens with new grooves says a lot about the quality of these clubs.

Thanks guys. I really do love these wedges and will game them for a long time. Great CI Dean! And the 73 was on a course that probably rivaled Jake's goat farm course, so I wouldn't be super impressed. The greens were quick though, which was nice.

Nice round, no matter the distance DD. Glad the wedges are working for you. I successfully pushed the driver at my club to a number of guys, but I can't get them to take the wedges seriously. I think these babies are the real deal.

Kevin

Nice round, no matter the distance DD. Glad the wedges are working for you. I successfully pushed the driver at my club to a number of guys, but I can't get them to take the wedges seriously. I think these babies are the real deal.

Kevin

For some reason people don't take TM serious with wedges. I'm not sure why, but they get no love in the wedge department and they really should with the quality of this wedge.

Kevin

For some reason people don't take TM serious with wedges. I'm not sure why, but they get no love in the wedge department and they really should with the quality of this wedge.

Very true! I managed to get one friend to switch to the xFT's, but others are stuck on different brands and won't budge. I've gamed vokeys and mpt-11's and the xFT's perform better for me hands down.

Very true! I managed to get one friend to switch to the xFT's, but others are stuck on different brands and won't budge. I've gamed vokeys and mpt-11's and the xFT's perform better for me hands down.

I was guilty of it. I thought of these as gimmicks. That was WAY off. They rock. The problem may lie in that it's hard to test a wedge. You can go into a Golfsmith and smash drivers, FWs, hybrids, and irons into nets and sim screens to your heart's content. You don't know a how a wedge performs until you chip with it, hit a knockdown with it, hit a flop with it, and most importantly, see how the balls reacts off it and how it reacts when it hits the green.

Kevin

I was guilty of it. I thought of these as gimmicks. That was WAY off. They rock. The problem may lie in that it's hard to test a wedge. You can go into a Golfsmith and smash drivers, FWs, hybrids, and irons into nets and sim screens to your heart's content. You don't know a how a wedge performs until you chip with it, hit a knockdown with it, hit a flop with it, and most importantly, see how the balls reacts off it and how it reacts when it hits the green.

Kevin

Thats very true Kevin, you never really can test a wedge until you take it out and game it.

Hey, what about me? I raved so much about the Xfts TC told me I better have a really good short game when I got to TMC.

Kevin

Kevin

Yes Kevin you were a big part of my looking and then buying these wedges ( with no testing at all) To your second point above you are right it is difficult to test wedges but I was at a point where I had tried different wedges (Eidolon, Cleveland (quite a few) ) and nothing was working and so many of you were praising these that I took a leap of faith and went for it and I am soooo happy I did. These wedges have put something in my game that is crucial but has no ben there before and that is confidence.

Quick question to those that game the xFTs.

I have been gaming these for about a month now, a 52* and a 56*. I had been hitting them well, up until last week where I have just gotten in to a funk with them. I am literally shanking everything dead right. Not a slice, not a fade, dead right. This has been happening on shots from a distance of 30 yards out to 100 yards out.

My question is this, do those that use these feel that these are less forgiving than some of the other wedges out on the market? Not sure what is going on with my short game at the moment, but I couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong.

I've found them no less forgiving than any other high end wedge. My experience is that shanks and giant misses are the indian, not the arrow. :) Maybe you've just started doing something different in your wedge swing?

Back