THP Fantasy Football Draft Night Thread

I had the same thoughts in mind. If Bradshaw wasnt available I wouldve gone WR/WR with my second two picks.

Bradshaw sucks!

Being that it is PPR and RBs aren't used as much as they were in the early 00s for catching passes, WR have quite a bit of value in this league.

Yeah, thats the ONLY reason I got LT late.

Rumors are swirling about a possible deal involving Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler.

This is a serious deal here. thats the #1 and #1.1 QB's in the league

Tmex who gets the better end of a Cutler v Grossman deal?

Being that it is PPR and RBs aren't used as much as they were in the early 00s for catching passes, WR have quite a bit of value in this league.

Very true... The pass catching runningbacks like LT and Faulk are more rare than ever.

This is a serious deal here. thats the #1 and #1.1 QB's in the league

Bradshaw sucks!

Yeah, thats the ONLY reason I got LT late.

Best QB's in the NFC by a wide margin. Bradshaw is a beast!

But if you can find a back who catches and runs, you're getting 2 for 1 with your pick. I think a good RB choice does a huge favor to your team. But finding that consistant receiver for the team is also a big bonus.

Rumors are swirling about a possible deal involving Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler.

Thats huge!

Tmex who gets the better end of a Cutler v Grossman deal?

That's tough. I like Washingtons oline and receivers better. Gotta go with Rexy on that one. That was a tough choice though.

Very true... The pass catching runningbacks like LT and Faulk are more rare than ever.

I thought a lot of the guys offered that. Some more than others.

Yea guys like Rodgers & Vick are not even close to those two!!! Yoccos, put the bong down!!!!!

try watching some football this year and maybe you can get off the overrated QB's bandwagon.

Draft was a blast last night. This is what I finished up with, and I think it is pretty good, but we'll see.

QB's: Matt Ryan, Colt McCoy
RB's: Adrian Peterson, Mark Ingram, Derrick Ward, Tashard Choice
WR's: Dwayne Bowe, Dez Bryant, Johnny Knox, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Josh Cribbs
TE's: Kellen Winslow, Anthony Fasano
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Figures the guy with that avy drafts Taste Dwayne Bowe. Overall everyone had a pretty good draft night in #1 except maybe for TheLate1 (although on autopick you really could have done a lot worst). No offense to the rest of the leagues but there's some pretty heady owners in #1. League #2 cracks me up... they're starting to cry like a bunch of UFL owners (they still want their league back fellas).

In honor of my first pick last night I made ham fried Rice for breakfast. I taste championship.

try watching some football this year and maybe you can get off the overrated QB's bandwagon.

silly bandwagon fans

Ok I will watch football this year. What will I see from Grossman? Walking the sidelines holding a clipboard? And Cutler? Tossing footballs to the wrong team? Yep those two belong in Canton when their careers are over.

Here is team Get off my Ditka

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
RB Jahvid Best, Det RB P
RB/WR Darren Sproles, NO RB
WR Mike Williams, TB WR
WR Mario Manningham, NYG WR
TE Chris Cooley, Wsh TE
D/ST Dolphins D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K

BENCH Wk 1 2010 SEASON WEEK 1
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Ryan Torain, Wsh RB
Bench Roscoe Parrish, Buf WR
Bench David Garrard, Jac QB
Bench Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
Bench Jason Hill, Jac WR
Bench Earnest Graham, TB RB

I'm still ticked off at you this morning for taking Manningham and the Dolphins D right before my pick in the rounds that I wanted them! I thikn that Manningham will benefit from all of the coverage on Nicks, and well, you know that I should have ended up with the Dolphins D, not you.

I am pretty sure he will make the team. The Cowboys know Felix is fragile and has not played a complete season yet, so they will need him.

Felix may be fragile, but his numbers were much better under Garrett last year as opposed to Phillips. Barber is no longer there, it's all set up for him to break out this year, that's why I took him in the 3rd round.

Also, this may be a homer statement, but I don't care: Brandon Marshall will have a better year than he did last year, and come close to the numbers that he put up in Denver in the 2 years before he got traded. If that happens, getting him in the middle of the 4th round will be good value as he'll be one of the top 10 fantasy WRs.

That's tough. I like Washingtons oline and receivers better. Gotta go with Rexy on that one. That was a tough choice though.

I thought a lot of the guys offered that. Some more than others.

Oh there are guys that will catch 40 or 50 balls which is good, but there used to be guys like faulk and LT that would catch 70-80+ balls a year and rush for 1000+, and even bush a few year back would rush for 750+ yards and catch nearly 100 balls. They were monsters! The guys now do some of that, but not to that level.

Figures the guy with that avy drafts Taste Dwayne Bowe. Overall everyone had a pretty good draft night in #1 except maybe for TheLate1 (although on autopick you really could have done a lot worst). No offense to the rest of the leagues but there's some pretty heady owners in #1. League #2 cracks me up... they're starting to cry like a bunch of UFL owners (they still want their league back fellas).

In honor of my first pick last night I made ham fried Rice for breakfast. I taste championship.

whats this mean?

Nice GTL. Gotta treat Rice well so he doesnt go looking for a trade. I agree, most of the owners drafted well in league 1. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Ok I will watch football this year. What will I see from Grossman? Walking the sidelines holding a clipboard? And Cutler? Tossing footballs to the wrong team? Yep those two belong in Canton when their careers are over.

So how many picks did Cutler throw last year, getting sacked 52 times? YOu still can't get past 2009 can you? Lol.

I love it... inter league smack talk. Our league is better than your league... NEENER NEENER! Really? HAHAHA

whats this mean?

That means we know our :poop: except maybe for TheLate1. I don't know his knowledge level yet since the WOPR was making his picks for him other than his kicker.

I love it... inter league smack talk. Our league is better than your league... NEENER NEENER! Really? HAHAHA

I'm surprised no one drafted Maurice Clarett in your league last night. I know Rhino was high on him like he was on Jason Snelling last year.

That means we know our :poop: except maybe for TheLate1. I don't know his knowledge level yet since the WOPR was making his picks for him other than his kicker.

got ya.....

So how many picks did Cutler throw last year, getting sacked 52 times? YOu still can't get past 2009 can you? Lol.

And you can't get past your sick fascination with Rexy. Kinda distubing actually. I guess someone other than his wife and mother need to root for him.

League 2 had a crazy run of QB's drafted from mid round 1 through round 2. Picks 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 19, 24, 36, 39 were all QB's taken before I had my 3rd pick, HAHA. Needless to say, QB was not a big priority at that point since all of the high end guys were long gone. I ended up with D Bowe in the 3rd, and K Moreno in the 4th so I am very happy with that talent. Moreno is going to be a monster this year if healthy! I got servicable QB's in Cassel and Flacco, so it wasn't too bad.

Good to know that non bronco fans are high on Moreno... I certainly am not, and I think McGahee gets the bulk of the carries from what I've seen... And of course this homer ended up with Kyle Orton as my "Serviceable" QB. Like you said, not much left and I didn't get my first QB til like the 8th round?!?!?!

Thanks buddy, that was my game plan because good RB's are few and far between

PPR man... Biggsy took the words right out of my mouth.

Best QB's in the NFC by a wide margin. Bradshaw is a beast!

But if you can find a back who catches and runs, you're getting 2 for 1 with your pick. I think a good RB choice does a huge favor to your team. But finding that consistant receiver for the team is also a big bonus.

Thats huge!

I missed my very first pick thanks to traffic. I wanted Vick since I was picking #3 with the same thought process, as seeing him as an RB that throws TDs. But I'm alright with my team at this point... I've never been afraid of the waiver wire that's for sure!

Hey now! The only complaints you'll be hearing from me are ESPN's servers can't handle all my scoring! Just look at my roster! lmao

QB Kyle Orton, Den QB
RB Jamaal Charles, KC RB
RB Mark Ingram, NO RB
RB/WR Percy Harvin, Min WR
WR Vincent Jackson, SD WR
WR Dez Bryant, Dal WR
TE Chris Cooley, Wsh TE
D/ST Saints D/ST D/ST
K Garrett Hartley, NO K Who is out for 6-10 weeks.
BENCH
Julio Jones, Atl WR
Hines Ward, Pit WR
David Garrard, Jac QB
Brent Celek, Phi TE
Steve Smith, Phi WR
Eric Decker, Den WR
Julius Thomas, Den TE

I'm surprised no one drafted Maurice Clarett in your league last night. I know Rhino was high on him like he was on Jason Snelling last year.

No I actually wanted to draft Lawrence Phillips but could not find him on the list. Hopefully he'll show up in the free agent list

There was some consideration for another tOSU player though... I heard rumors that T Pryor was high on some league draft boards! HAHA

Back