Cobra Brings Back Trusty Rusty Wedges

This goes back to the whole idea of whether or not you like rust. They are a good looking wedge.

Just think they are ugly, but i said that about the mashie and now I game one

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Now to decide between these or the MP-R12.... Never used a rusty before....

I love the rusty look, cant wait to try these out, if they work well for me i would bag them. They grow on me everytime i look at the pic

These will be getting some workout on the course this week. Looking forward to seeing how they compare with the wedges we have been trying out.

These will be getting some workout on the course this week. Looking forward to seeing how they compare with the wedges we have been trying out.

This would be a shootout to watch... I'm assuming the 588's?

This would be a shootout to watch... I'm assuming the 588's?

Did you get a look at these in person last weekend Tmex? What did you think?

These almost seem like a niche product to me. I'm looking forward to seeing if there is some substance behind them.

Grab the trusty rusty and the long tom and head out to the range. haha

Did you get a look at these in person last weekend Tmex? What did you think?

Lol, I didn't. I was so enamored with another wedge that didn't work for me at all. I really wish I would've!

Grab the trusty rusty and the long tom and head out to the range. haha

Lol. I'm really anxious to see how the grind technology works. Just going with different grinds this weekend really was eye opening.

Lol. I'm really anxious to see how the grind technology works. Just going with different grinds this weekend really was eye opening.

the tri bounce is interesting, I can't wait to try it out

i had a trusty rusty years back when i was a junior,it was ok and worked well.

Love the dark steel shaft. I never played the originals, but would be curious to check out that grind in person. (yeah, I just wrote about shaft and grind)

Used this wedge this weekend and came away quite impressed. Very good look and feel and the Tri-Bounce is quite versatile. I will have a full write up coming very soon.

This is the one I'm familiar with. I have a buddy who still has his and it's rusted completely over. Touching it leaves rust on your hand
KGrHqYOKp0E5b-qyJUTBOtc9L43w60_12.jpg

This wedge is just really really good looking. I have never played any cobra equipment but I think this could find a home in my bag if it works half as well as it looks.

This wedge is just really really good looking. I have never played any cobra equipment but I think this could find a home in my bag if it works half as well as it looks.

I kind of like it too. I'm not so sure about the goofy name, but things like that tend to grow on you when the club works well.

So I spent some time with this wedge this weekend both on the course and in a practice bunker.

Bunker - The club works extremely well. For those that played the original, you will be pleased that they did not change the sole all that much. It cuts through sand very well and in FL, where glare can be a large problem especially in bunkers, there was no issue. I liked focusing on the black head rather than a chrome one which could lead to blinding glares.

On the course, the club performed as it should. It was great out of tight lies and around the green and in the rough, the club head offered no issues at all. One thing I noticed was that those that really like a club that opened up extremely, I think that some "newer" grinds offer a little easier versatility there. But not enough to keep me from using it.

Overall, so far so good and more updates are coming soon as well as a full review.

Glad to see these Trusty Rusty wedges are working well. I love the look of these and will be looking forward to the full review

Thanks for the update, JB.

This could be an interesting wedge in the snake charmer's hands! I am keeping my eyes on this thread as they are certainly intriguing.

Back