New Wedges - Letting THP Decide!

New Wedges - Letting THP Decide!

• Total voters
I'd go scor...... I don't think it's 160 a piece when you buy a set though. But just with that choice I'd only be looking at the Callaway or the 588's. Probably lean towards the 588's if you're sticking with stock shafts.

I'll most likely be putting DG spinners in them. Which makes the R12s attractive.

Dozza said:
Voted the 588's and the Mizuno would be a very close second with the Vokey last.
After seeing the TaylorMade ATV's in the flesh I will be definately be buying them when they are released in 2 weeks. They are much smaller and better looking then what I was expecting. :)

I've hit the ATVs. I honestly do not like them that much. Plus I've lost a lot of respest for TM lately and I really don't want to buy their product.

Golf Ghost said:
The Scor wedges are only like $10 to demo, but anyways.

My vote is for the Callaway Forged. Though I do believe all these wedges are different in their own ways and in barely any at all relate to each other. Almost just seems as if you just named every top wedge from different companies.

Done arguing about the SCORs. It's not happening.

Those are the top wedges from those four companies. Cleveland - 588 is only wedge this year. Mizuno - I like the R12 over the T11. Titleist - Only one this year. And it's much better than the last one. Callaway - Only wedge this year and I don't like the JAWS anyway. So yeah, those are the top wedges from different companies. But not all. I could have included 8 more on there that were top wedges...

I'll most likely be putting DG spinners in them. Which makes the R12s attractive.

I've hit the ATVs. I honestly do not like them that much. Plus I've lost a lot of respest for TM lately and I really don't want to buy their product.

Those are the top wedges from those four companies. Cleveland - 588 is only wedge this year. Mizuno - I like the R12 over the T11. Titleist - Only one this year. And it's much better than the last one. Callaway - Only wedge this year and I don't like the JAWS anyway. So yeah, those are the top wedges from different companies. But not all. I could have included 8 more on there that were top wedges...

if you have a driving range nearby with a fitting area, go there and anywhere from 20-100 balls with each. go to a proshop that has them and ask if you can play a round or even a couple of holes with each. you could always buy and if you don't like them sell for close to retail if the company themselves don't give your full money back.

my vote would be on the vokeys. i've seen way too many people with vokeys to say no to them.

if you have a driving range nearby with a fitting area, go there and anywhere from 20-100 balls with each. go to a proshop that has them and ask if you can play a round or even a couple of holes with each. you could always buy and if you don't like them sell for close to retail if the company themselves don't give your full money back.

my vote would be on the vokeys. i've seen way too many people with vokeys to say no to them.

I could keep a wedge for a week and demo it on a different course every day if I wanted to at my pro shop. I've probably played a round with each and hit 250 balls each over a few weeks with them. Can't decide. They're all good.

I could keep a wedge for a week and demo it on a different course every day if I wanted to at my pro shop. I've probably played a round with each and hit 250 balls each over a few weeks with them. Can't decide. They're all good.

okay well use one for a round, in the sand, deep rough, even out of the water if you have to.. chips, 10-30 yrd pitches, 40-60 yrd pitches, and 70-80 yrd pitchs
if you can take each one for a week, do that. 1 round with each, same course. if you have to, do the entire round with just that wedge. (yeah, only bring 1 club)

I've hit these recently and if you can find them they are mint. I have someone who builds for the PGA Tour and I hit them. Beauties. If it weren't for me recently buying Jaws CC wedges I'd buy them... Pure'd and all.

txema.jpg

Alex

Point being. There are a lot of variations in weight and shape between these wedges. There must be something that you like in a wedge that would narrow down the selections more.

Callaway got my vote

I've tried like ten brands and these were the best four that I can't narrow down. On top of SCORs being too expensive, I don't have my own method of payment for buying SCORs online and my parents aren't going to drop $160 to get a demo even if they are going to get it back in 30 days.

Here are my thoughts - take them however you'd like...

I'm assuming you're a "junior golfer" based on your parents paying for the club(s). It is great you're passionate about the game and want to continue to improve. I remember being younger and thinking I had to have the "name brand" of whatever it was so I could brag to my friends, in a way, when they saw what I had. Whether this is what is happening with you or not, i don't know. Everyone does it at some point in their lives!

My advise is to try to realize that just because it comes from a "name brand" doesn't mean it'll automatically work for everyone. Yes, the major manufacturers produce great equipment, I use or used equipment from TM, Ping, Titleist... The key to this was testing equipment from multiple sources before making the decision.

I replaced all of my irons and wedges over the past couple months. The process took nearly 6 months because of research and testing. In the end I decided to test the SCOR wedges against the Cleveland's and... SCOR performed better for me! When purchased as a set the SCOR's cost $10 per club LESS than the 588's!

If your parents have a limit as to what they'll pay right now, what about kicking in the difference yourself?

Ultimately, keep an open mind and find what's best for your game - only you can make that decision. Every company starts out as a small company and SCOR (formerly Eidolon) is definitely growing!

Good luck in your search...

Excellent reply, Bags. However, it may be met with an argument.

I suggest the F2 wedges. The hozel has been moved out of the way and it appears that it would be great for all those epic flop shots.

I suggest the F2 wedges. The hozel has been moved out of the way and it appears that it would be great for all those epic flop shots.

Yep! Good call. Well, those or SCORs :)

I can suggest the J40s. They have spinners, the variable sole and great feel.

Here are my thoughts - take them however you'd like...

I'm assuming you're a "junior golfer" based on your parents paying for the club(s). It is great you're passionate about the game and want to continue to improve. I remember being younger and thinking I had to have the "name brand" of whatever it was so I could brag to my friends, in a way, when they saw what I had. Whether this is what is happening with you or not, i don't know. Everyone does it at some point in their lives!

My advise is to try to realize that just because it comes from a "name brand" doesn't mean it'll automatically work for everyone. Yes, the major manufacturers produce great equipment, I use or used equipment from TM, Ping, Titleist... The key to this was testing equipment from multiple sources before making the decision.

I replaced all of my irons and wedges over the past couple months. The process took nearly 6 months because of research and testing. In the end I decided to test the SCOR wedges against the Cleveland's and... SCOR performed better for me! When purchased as a set the SCOR's cost $10 per club LESS than the 588's!

If your parents have a limit as to what they'll pay right now, what about kicking in the difference yourself?

Ultimately, keep an open mind and find what's best for your game - only you can make that decision. Every company starts out as a small company and SCOR (formerly Eidolon) is definitely growing!

Good luck in your search...

Paying every penny myself dude. In order to get the SCORs my parents would have to buy them online then me fork over all the cash. I can get sweet deals on the 588s. Much less than retail.

coolbreeze said:

Can't demo them, but if it makes flop shots easier I like it.

Tadashi70 said:
I can suggest the J40s. They have spinners, the variable sole and great feel.

Pro shop doesn't have them. I'd love to try them though.

Ok then the Callway or 588s should do the trick

Excellent reply, Bags. However, it may be met with an argument.

I guessed it would be.

Paying every penny myself dude. In order to get the SCORs my parents would have to buy them online then me fork over all the cash. I can get sweet deals on the 588s. Much less than retail.

First off, “dude” comes across as a bit disrespectful especially when you ask for guidance and don’t get the answer you want.
Secondly, you made it sound as though your parents were paying…

… my parents aren't going to drop $160 to get a demo even if they are going to get it back in 30 days.

Lastly, if the deal is so good and you hit the 588’s well, why are you even asking what to get? Your mind is already made up!

This thread is epic.

Just get the 588s. They're great wedges from the most complete brand in golf.

588s. Good day.

31XPFJSsysL._AA300_.jpg

The Hippo Wedges. Duh.

Reactions: JF
I guessed it would be.

First off, “dude” comes across as a bit disrespectful especially when you ask for guidance and don’t get the answer you want.
Secondly, you made it sound as though your parents were paying…

Lastly, if the deal is so good and you hit the 588’s well, why are you even asking what to get? Your mind is already made up!

Mr. Bags, I will never use the d-word when addressing you again. I kind of made it sound as though they were paying, I meant I would need their credit card to do an online order.

The deal would be just as good with any club. Maybe more so with the others cause they are $10-20 cheaper than the 588s.

It's going to be the 588s. Would need a ton of votes to not be those.

Sounds like you knew the answer to your own poll before it started.

Enjoy your 588s.

I'd go for SCOR if I was buying new wedges, after gaming this Eidolon wedge for a few weeks.

I am really suprised how little love the new Cally wedges got, my guess is people haven't hit them. If that's the case, do yourself a favor and go demo them...I promise you will love them.

There's always these

victory-red-forged-wedge.jpg

There's always these

Oh you didn't just suggest Nike clubs. Didn't you know they're sub-standard and should never be swung?

Paulo, I didn't KNOW it would be the 588s. But I had a pretty good feeling it was going to win. Nike isn't necessarily substandard but no chance on Earth I consider them.

Oh you didn't just suggest Nike clubs. Didn't you know they're sub-standard and should never be swung?

But tiger plays them and he is awesome again.

Back