New Wedges - Letting THP Decide!

New Wedges - Letting THP Decide!

• Total voters
Skim alert.
Don't rule out Nike or SCOR.

HomerFacepalm_3982.jpg

Haha, its kinda like pointing out what someone has pointed out, just to point out your point.

you just confused me Tmex. But that's ok, Nike wedges rock

I'd go for the Cally Forged. But that's what I'm planning on getting so I'm probably biased. I've heard a lot of good things about the 588's as well.

Has there even been a mention on what lofts of bounce angles are being pondered?

Something like 46, 50, 54, 58. 54* will have high bounce for SW, other three I haven't decided yet. Fitting will determine that.

Something like 46, 50, 54, 58. 54* will have high bounce for SW, other three I haven't decided yet. Fitting will determine that.

Sounds like you're SOL on two of your choices. Not a whole lot of options in those lower lofts from a whole lot of companies.

Sounds like you're SOL on two of your choices. Not a whole lot of options in those lower lofts from a whole lot of companies.

You can get a Vokey in 46-06*. It's a sweet bump and run/knockdown club. Go with Vokeys.

Kevin

If need be it wouldn't be a big deal to just stick with my current PW.

If need be it wouldn't be a big deal to just stick with my current PW.

Even still - the Cally forged's lowest loft is 52* it could be bent, but then the bounce would effected

Even still - the Cally forged's lowest loft is 52* it could be bent, but then the bounce would effected

If I decide to disregard this poll and go with those, I would bend my PW to 47* and bend the Callaway wedge to 51*, then go 55 59 after that.

If I decide to disregard this poll and go with those, I would bend my PW to 47* and bend the Callaway wedge to 51*, then go 55 59 after that.

Sounds like you had this all figured out before even making this thread

Sounds like you had this all figured out before even making this thread

I had and still have every intention of going with the winner of this thread unless I try a different wedge and like it better. I've tried everything at the shop and the only way something else would come along is if I saw it in someone's bag and asked to try it. I do know the loft of my PW and have a pretty good idea of what lofts I want though.

That's not exactly true. It is in the copper, but in the Dark Chrome, there are 48 and 50 degree lofts. Unless Ice Jack is a lefty, then forget what I just said.

This is a very special thread! :banana:

That's not exactly true. It is in the copper, but in the Dark Chrome, there are 48 and 50 degree lofts. Unless Ice Jack is a lefty, then forget what I just said.

TheIcemann is a righty. I would be going dark chrome if I chose those, so if I do expect a thank you note in the future Smalls.

My mom told me I was special...so do I make threads special?

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

My mom told me I was special...so do I make threads special?

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Everyone makes a thread special in their own way!

So.. since the 588's are ahead by a lot, is that what you are gonna buy? what *'s?

Not really sure about your method for selecting wedges to be honest. Fun to answer the question (I game the MPR-12's and think they're amazing!) but if the idea is to decide what to buy by seeing how many votes a wedge gets...then all you'll be doing is buying the most popular wedge on THP and not necessarily the best one for your game. I've said this in another thread, but buying scoring clubs (wedges and putter) is more about feel than any other club (yes, feel is important when buying all the clubs, but more so with scoring clubs)...so....know what you want in terms of the various techincal elements...lofts, bounce (depending on typical course conditions you face), lie, shafts, swing weight, grip (lenght if you need it adjusted) and then...take all the clubs that meet those specs and that you like the look of and hit as many balls as you can with them to get a feel of the clubs...whatever gives you the best feel and control (and is within your budget)...buy!

Icemann - if you want the 588s, jump on them. But if the Callaway wedges are drawing your attention, then go for them.

It won't be hard to have the loft of your PW checked.

So why is there a poll if you're going callaway? Might it be better at this point to go into the individual wedge threads to get feedback there?

So why is there a poll if you're going callaway? Might it be better at this point to go into the individual wedge threads to get feedback there?

This is a logic free zone.

I just don't understand why you'd want other people to chose your equipment. If you wanted input, the individual threads seem like a better idea, or even not titling this thread "new wedges, letting THP decide".

Back