Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

Just grabbed one of these off eBay based on the reviews here. It will be replacing an old (non-conforming groove) CG14 lob wedge. I'll be sure to post my experience with it!

For anyone who's interested, you can find these guys pretty cheap on the bay. Got mine for $85!

S400 or S300? I've seen both. Just curious because I might pick up the 50*.

I too am heavily pondering the JAWS 50*. Dude, we're so awesome it's not even funny.

Hahahaha... I was just hitting my 55* so well it's almost a no brainer! As much as I love my AW, the JAWS seems like it could be better. I may just stick an S300 shaft in my old 50* and see if it does the trick. Then get another slate if it works out.

The trajectory on the full shots is nice and easy to control. I little lower than what I'm used too but I like it.

c0ncept asked me last week to send him a pic of these wedges and how they have been rusting so far. Well yesterday I got out for 9 holes and snapped these 2. I have only played once since The Morgan Cup ended. These have been used for 6 rounds and an all day range session. I like how they look at this point.

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

c0ncept asked me last week to send him a pic of these wedges and how they have been rusting so far. Well yesterday I got out for 9 holes and snapped these 2. I have only played once since The Morgan Cup ended. These have been used for 6 rounds and an all day range session. I like how they look at this point.

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

DD, those are sessy!

I wish I would've gotten the Prime finish in my Eidolons after seeing so many of you guys rusted wedges, I love the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks ok, just not a fan of rusty wedges

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Gonna be updating a few threads today....

I really think these are the best wedges on the market right now. I know some arent a fan of the weight or just cant seem to really get a good feel for them but man, are they consistant. I usually have some trouble if I can't warm up and Ill skull everything (ask my arizona friends haha) but for me I haven't found a more consistant wedge. Consistant especially with the pitch shots. Rollout from shot to shot prior to anything JAWS was a mystery to me. I know when I land the ball what Im going to get. Doesnt mean I always land the ball where I need too but its a lot easier to hit a shot knowing this. The more I play these the less difference I notice between the unconforming grooves in the previous model.

Around the green, I like the perceived extra weight. Makes for a smooth chipping stroke and again, rollout isnt a mystery. I dont always hit the shot I need too but with more practice I see some dropped strokes.

The S300 shaft has been a godsend for me. I don't know if the spinners just didnt fit me on 3/4 to full shots but this is where these wedges really separate from my previous ones. I'm not fearing that shot. Why wouldnt I just use my attack wedges? There are times where I need to land over a bunker or some junk and just need to ball to stop asap. Its good to have that shot in the bag, and I wasnt quite have the success with my attack wedge.

Out of the bunker, again Im loving them. so easy to get through the harder sand. I did blade a couple on the fluffier stuff in Florida until I got comfortable.

I start tracking my shots to give more concrete feedback but I wanted to give a little shout out for how much I've been loving them so far.

I saw Jrod's Jaws this weekend and hit a few full shots with the 50°. He has the TT X's in them, so they felt very heavy. I actually hit them pretty well. Didn't get a chance to play around with any touch shots. I wasn't really a fan of the rounder leading edge, but I've never loved that look.

I saw Jrod's Jaws this weekend and hit a few full shots with the 50°. He has the TT X's in them, so they felt very heavy. I actually hit them pretty well. Didn't get a chance to play around with any touch shots. I wasn't really a fan of the rounder leading edge, but I've never loved that look.

I love the extra weight. I really liked these around the greens yesterday. Ill have more thoughts coming but I even using thes eon full shots, which were eliminated from my bag prior to the MC.

I'm still struggling with these. I don't know what it is, but something just feels off.

I'm still struggling with these. I don't know what it is, but something just feels off.

Esplain, is it the shots? You not getting it as close as you were? Are you less accurate?

I'm genuinely curious.

Yah I'm with you dude. I love how they feel around the greens but the 70-80 yard shots are just killing me. They look amazing and I'm ttrying so hard to love them but I just don't feel it. I can't condemn anything with how awful my game is at the moment though

Esplain, is it the shots? You not getting it as close as you were? Are you less accurate?

I'm genuinely curious.

To me they feel really clunky especially on 3/4 shots and pitches. I'm having a hell of a time putting spin on the ball even from the fairway with them. Of course I am coming from non conforming grooves but that really shouldn't affect fairway shots too much.

To me they feel really clunky especially on 3/4 shots and pitches. I'm having a hell of a time putting spin on the ball even from the fairway with them. Of course I am coming from non conforming grooves but that really shouldn't affect fairway shots too much.

I completely understand. Granted I was on a sim, but I saw a pretty significant decrease in spin with non conforming grooves over conforming grooves when iw as in PGA SS looking for wedges a little while back. If I had the numbers or remembered I would spit them out haha. I know a sim isnt the best place but there was a huge difference. I can only think that it would be the same even with the new grooves on the JAWS.

I completely understand. Granted I was on a sim, but I saw a pretty significant decrease in spin with non conforming grooves over conforming grooves when iw as in PGA SS looking for wedges a little while back. If I had the numbers or remembered I would spit them out haha. I know a sim isnt the best place but there was a huge difference. I can only think that it would be the same even with the new grooves on the JAWS.

Like I said I am hitting the ball so poorly right now it wouldn't be fair to pass judgement but these are just things I have noticed. It's by no means gospel at this point.

I'm genuinely curious.

I don't get the yardage that I have gotten from my previous wedges.
I am less accurate because my distance control with them is very poor right now and I'm not seeing the same ammount of spin up here(of course my others have NC Grooves). In Florida I didn't have a big issue with the spin.
I like my previous ones out of the sand much better, esp the sand up here.

Like I said I am hitting the ball so poorly right now it wouldn't be fair to pass judgement but these are just things I have noticed. It's by no means gospel at this point.

I hope I didnt come across as that. You're bad days are probably my days I come in here raving about. but I think how the clubs does when you arent at your best can mean as much as it does when you are. Especailly with the wedges.

I am still working on these. They are still giving me fits though. I have NO clue why I struggle with them so much!

I hope I didnt come across as that. You're bad days are probably my days I come in here raving about. but I think how the clubs does when you arent at your best can mean as much as it does when you are. Especailly with the wedges.

Thats an excellent point my mexican brother.

I don't get the yardage that I have gotten from my previous wedges.
I am less accurate because my distance control with them is very poor right now and I'm not seeing the same ammount of spin up here(of course my others have NC Grooves). In Florida I didn't have a big issue with the spin.
I like my previous ones out of the sand much better, esp the sand up here.

Thats sounds reasonable haha. Are you saying spin as in hop and stop or rolling the ball back? Does it not cut through the sand like you expect?

I am still working on these. They are still giving me fits though. I have NO clue why I struggle with them so much!

I saw you trying to get to work with these.

Thats an excellent point my mexican brother.

hahaha. I'm really just genuinely curious. Maybe I'm an outlier and thats aok with these wedges.

Sounds like you are experiencing the same thing as Jrod and I. Seems like Tmex is on his own right now haha

Thats sounds reasonable haha. Are you saying spin as in hop and stop or rolling the ball back? Does it not cut through the sand like you expect?

It feels like there is more bounce than it says. Not sure why. Up here they seem to skid more than cut through the sand.

I haven't gotten much midrange pitch shots or even any full wedge shots with them in a while but I really like them out of the greenside rough a lot. I'll get more of a variety of shots in with them this week though.

It feels like there is more bounce than it says. Not sure why. Up here they seem to skid more than cut through the sand.

That would be the C Grind I would imagine. I could be wrong though.

Back