Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could at least come up with some legitimate posts... How hard is it to reach 10 post in a normal fashion?

Maybe he thinks it's for the Morgan Cup and he has to get to 500? Remember all the fun posts that happened then?

Classifieds would be my guess...

Not hard. Welcome a new forum member, comment on testing. Read a homepage article and comment.....boy the list goes on and on. :D

Possibly. Let's see if something comes up for sale.

Or you can welcome all the members that got here long before you. That was a fun time pre-Morgan Cup! lol

Yeah, sultan is getting on my nerves.

Maybe he thinks it's for the Morgan Cup and he has to get to 500? Remember all the fun posts that happened then?

Oh yeah and I was a noobie right at that time! Glad I did not go down that path. :D

Tons of posts trying to get into it and now half the guys that were in it no longer post. Ironic. :act-up::alien:

DOn't remind me of that crap. Ugh. I said mean things...

DOn't remind me of that crap. Ugh. I said mean things...

It`s why I was surprised you were so tight lipped this time, I gotta say you did a good job of getting your point across efficiently with Sultan!

yeah but some veteran members even have trouble doing that lol

Classifieds would be my guess...

Not hard. Welcome a new forum member, comment on testing. Read a homepage article and comment.....boy the list goes on and on. :D

It`s why I was surprised you were so tight lipped this time, I gotta say you did a good job of getting your point across efficiently with Sultan!

I learned my lesson.

I learned my lesson.

I don't mean that in a bad way, it's a good trait to speak your mind in the right situation. You have a good way with words as well.

Oh, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way. Thanks for the compliment.
I don't mean that in a bad way, it's a good trait to speak your mind in the right situation. You have a good way with words as well.

yeah but some veteran members even have trouble doing that lol

No doubt..I expected more of some of them. Especially the ones that had the opportunity to participate in the MC....several have basically vanished. You would think post MC that things like reading and commenting on a home page article would be a given. Far from the case...

Not coaching is affecting me more than I ever thought it would. Its Friday and I'm just a teacher, nothing more. Argh.

My rant is about bad drivers today. I drive for an hour every morning and every afternoon to and from work on a major freeway in the Dallas area and although the drivers here are not as bad as they are in some places I have lived they are not that good either. There are a few things that really bug me. 1. don't rush in front of me, cut me off and then slam on the breaks to get off the freeway. You are not going to die or turn into a pumpkin if you miss your exit, there is always another one. There are no 5 - 10 mile long bridges anywhere around here that would take you 30 minutes or more and extra toll change to correct if you were to miss that exit. 2. why are you driving 95 MPH to travel 1/2 mile and then stop in a traffic backup that stretches for as far as you can see, do you really think you will get where you are going any faster? Same with changing lanes 4 or 5 times in a 1 mile stretch. Stupid and unnecessary. 3. Bikers who run on the stripe between cars stopped in traffic or even worse who do the same when cars are traveling at speed and the freeway is packed, not cool, not smart. I don't want to see you get killed so if that is your mission today then please do it somewhere else. 4. Drivers who act like the lane they are in is sacred and can be used by them only, get over it, letting someone get in front of you won't make you late for work and might prevent a wreck because that idiot might try to force his way in anyway. See item 1.
5. People who drive too fast. This is not about being old although there is a reason old people drive slower. The fact is they probably drove slower when they were young also and that is why they are still alive and getting old. You wouldn't drive a slalom course in your shiny new truck at 40 MPH in and around 5 ton concrete blocks spaced less than 15 feet apart so why do the equivalent with a freeway full of cars that are driving 40 mph slower than you are? Rant over.

I can't stand people at my job that set the rules and then go and break them themselves. It's rather idiotic and it pisses me off to atomic bomb type levels.

The course that one of my high school matches is at this week has 2 par 3s over 230 yards :banghead:

Tired of people calling an emergency ambulance for headaches, ear aches, anxiety.. call a fin taxi

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Took my c-tapers to have them installed in my G15's on my lunch break today. The guy who builds them was on lunch but I left them for him to work on when he got back. Come back after work to pick them up and they looked great, white VDR's and all. Then he hands me the extra shaft I had left out of the set and I remembered that I should have a 3 iron shaft left since my irons are 4-GW and I had a 3-PW set with an extra wedge shaft. However, the shaft he hands me is a wedge shaft.

Turns out he softstepped the entire set. This worries me immensely as the whole premise of that shaft is to lower ball flight and reduce spin. If I have a shaft that is too soft then I have spent a lot of money on a shaft that plays no different than my S300's!

I guess we'll see what my on course testing shows tomorrow...

Took my c-tapers to have them installed in my G15's on my lunch break today. The guy who builds them was on lunch but I left them for him to work on when he got back. Come back after work to pick them up and they looked great, white VDR's and all. Then he hands me the extra shaft I had left out of the set and I remembered that I should have a 3 iron shaft left since my irons are 4-GW and I had a 3-PW set with an extra wedge shaft. However, the shaft he hands me is a wedge shaft.

Turns out he softstepped the entire set. This worries me immensely as the whole premise of that shaft is to lower ball flight and reduce spin. If I have a shaft that is too soft then I have spent a lot of money on a shaft that plays no different than my S300's!

That's kinda a big screw up. You should be taking them back and going NOOO this is not right.

Mine: Hypocrisy. That is all.

My iron play is horrid, I have no idea if its going to be left or more left. Lost 4 balls yesterday and here is a bad one. Par5, bombed a drive up the right side. Decided to lay up so I hit a 8 iron to the end of the fairway. Well I hit a serious pull that bounced on the cart path, bounced over about 15 yards of grass, bounced on some dudes driveway into the bed of his truck! I thought for sure we were going to go at it. I was heading over to him to apologize and he jumps in his truck and burns wheels out of there. After that I now dont care if I hit a house, hit a car or so be it. YOU decided do live on a course and thats the price you pay! I felt bad but dont be a prick when you know that balls are going to be close if not hit your cars/house. My buddies said welcome to the club, First time I ever hit someones property.

Looks like a root canal may be in my near future. I've never hurt so bad in my life and all beginning on a Friday when my dentist of 25 years is closed for the weekend. Luckily they called in meds. My first bad toothache ever and it stinks.

Looks like a root canal may be in my near future. I've never hurt so bad in my life and all beginning on a Friday when my dentist of 25 years is closed for the weekend. Luckily they called in meds. My first bad toothache ever and it stinks.

Ouch. I've never had one but know people who have. Hope it's just a simple toothache Kelly.

My iron play is horrid, I have no idea if its going to be left or more left. Lost 4 balls yesterday and here is a bad one. Par5, bombed a drive up the right side. Decided to lay up so I hit a 8 iron to the end of the fairway. Well I hit a serious pull that bounced on the cart path, bounced over about 15 yards of grass, bounced on some dudes driveway into the bed of his truck! I thought for sure we were going to go at it. I was heading over to him to apologize and he jumps in his truck and burns wheels out of there. After that I now dont care if I hit a house, hit a car or so be it. YOU decided do live on a course and thats the price you pay! I felt bad but dont be a prick when you know that balls are going to be close if not hit your cars/house. My buddies said welcome to the club, First time I ever hit someones property.

That is one of my rants too VA. V, why in the world would you live on a golf course and not expect the errant shot to land in YOUR yard. Get real people, the guy who hit that ball into your yard (or truck :D) is not too thrilled about it either.

Bad form for that guy flipping out and it shouldn't come as a surprise to him living on a course, but I hope you guys are making sure nothing is damaged before you just shrug off an errant shot that hits a house or car.

My parents live on a golf course and have had numerous windows shattered on account of golf balls. While it's not an obligation, if you break something that isn't yours, you should at least offer to pay for it.

I would go back and kick my club guy in the ass and raise some hell.

Granted I'd be kicking my own ass in my situation but the point is the same lol. That's just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back