Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

That is awesome Kmac! I can't wait to get the opportunity to hit this. Hopefully they will get some in, and in LH, here in Raleighwood soon.

Youre going to like it dude. Its really easy to hit, even the 14* was easy for me to hit after all this time off.

Nice Kmac, what made you decide to go with the 14 over the 15.5? Glad you were able to get some swings in!

Nice Kmac, what made you decide to go with the 14 over the 15.5? Glad you were able to get some swings in!

Typically Im a high ball hitter so I wanted to try and keep the ball flight down with the 14*

Youre going to like it dude. Its really easy to hit, even the 14* was easy for me to hit after all this time off.

That's insane because I really was not giving the 14* much thought because I just figured it would be way to hard for me to hit off of the deck, but now you have me really curious, especially since your wrist still isn't 100%. Any troubles getting the ball up off the deck?

That's insane because I really was not giving the 14* much thought because I just figured it would be way to hard for me to hit off of the deck, but now you have me really curious, especially since your wrist still isn't 100%. Any troubles getting the ball up off the deck?

No not really. It was surprisingly easy to hit dude. I was actually hitting off some terrible turf too and it was just popping right up off there. I might try to get out and play Wednesday and if I do I'll be taking the Mashie 3W off the tee probably all day. Most long holes will probably be Mashie and Mashie for the first two shots. That should give me a real good idea of how it works off some fairway.

Some great info in this thread the last couple of days. This is one club that will not leave my bag for a while and I am not sure I can say that about most things I get to try.

Some great info in this thread the last couple of days. This is one club that will not leave my bag for a while and I am not sure I can say that about most things I get to try.

From a guy who has his choice of almost every club and/or brand, this speaks volumes. The Mashie is for real.

No not really. It was surprisingly easy to hit dude. I was actually hitting off some terrible turf too and it was just popping right up off there. I might try to get out and play Wednesday and if I do I'll be taking the Mashie 3W off the tee probably all day. Most long holes will probably be Mashie and Mashie for the first two shots. That should give me a real good idea of how it works off some fairway.

Dude, if you get a chance and it is not too much trouble, take some video. I would love to get a chance to see and hear it in action.

From a guy who has his choice of almost every club and/or brand, this speaks volumes. The Mashie is for real.

I dont change clubs very often and you are right, I can choose just about anything I would like to play. From the 1st day I tried this FW wood, I knew it was a game changer for me. To have the ability to hit off the turf from just about any lie without any sacrifice in off the tee usage, it marries the two things I need in a fw wood. Nothing on the market has more ease of use than this one does for me.

I dont change clubs very often and you are right, I can choose just about anything I would like to play. From the 1st day I tried this FW wood, I knew it was a game changer for me. To have the ability to hit off the turf from just about any lie without any sacrifice in off the tee usage, it marries the two things I need in a fw wood. Nothing on the market has more ease of use than this one does for me.

That is very cool. I still havent gamed one, but have hit them on the range quite a bit and was impressed. I imagine by the time the good weather hits up here, one of these will be in my bag.

i have the rbz 17* 3wood and the 15.5* mashie 3wood and i am hitting the mashie so much better than the rbz off the turf. The fairways are still quite soft and the mashie is my go to club in these conditions. I will try the rbz again when the fairways harden up and so how i get on. Cant see me getting rid of the mashie though.

i have the rbz 17* 3wood and the 15.5* mashie 3wood and i am hitting the mashie so much better than the rbz off the turf. The fairways are still quite soft and the mashie is my go to club in these conditions. I will try the rbz again when the fairways harden up and so how i get on. Cant see me getting rid of the mashie though.

When I was hitting the Mashie 15.5 deg in the simulator before I bought it, the salesperson had me hit the RBZ 15 deg also. For me, I saw absolutely no difference in distance or directional forgiveness off the deck on the mat (didn't hit either of them off the tee there).

Just like I experienced with the hybrids last year, hitting the Mashie FW off the mat really doesn't do this club justice given the rails on the bottom. I hit it good off the mat, but the real magic occurs when that sole starts interacting with the ground.

It just continues to surprise me how good this club is off the tee and the deck...I've had clubs I liked for one or the other, but this is the first I've had that excels at both. I can't wait to try the other lofts at Demo Day even though it might lead to another reconfiguration of the top third of the bag.

Dude, if you get a chance and it is not too much trouble, take some video. I would love to get a chance to see and hear it in action.

Maybe I'll do a HOD video featuring the Mashie if I get out tomorrow.

Maybe I'll do a HOD video featuring the Mashie if I get out tomorrow.

Yes!!! Par 5: mashie off the tee, mashie for the 2nd and 3rd, putt with the mashie. Mashie-Mania!!

Kmac - glad you enjoyed it dude. How'd you like the feeling when you hit it good? It's got a great little pop off the face.

Yes!!! Par 5: mashie off the tee, mashie for the 2nd and 3rd, putt with the mashie. Mashie-Mania!!

Exactly. The many faces of Mashie.

Kmac - glad you enjoyed it dude. How'd you like the feeling when you hit it good? It's got a great little pop off the face.

Reminds of the Mashie hybrid but more powerful like. And the one thing I really liked was not once did it go left except for the odd pull here and there. It was pretty awesome to throw a ball down on the waste turf and be able to smash one with my very first Mashie 3W swing.

Yea, I've yanked it a couple times, but no hooking to speak of in my experience. Glad you finally got back out there.

Yea, I've yanked it a couple times, but no hooking to speak of in my experience. Glad you finally got back out there.

Thanks dude. Although "back out there" would have to be used loosely. lol

Thanks dude. Although "back out there" would have to be used loosely. lol

hahaha. It'll come back to you. Just in time to get ready for the season.

hahaha. It'll come back to you. Just in time to get ready for the wood shed?!? haha.

I sure hope so.. lol

I purchased the Mashie 5 wood last week and had a chance to play a round with it this weekend. All I can say is wow!! I only had a couple of opportunities where I needed it during the round, but they were by far some of the best shots I've ever made with a fairway wood. I've never had much success in hitting them in the past, but these clubs are unbelievable. I warmed up with it on the range prior to the round and was amazed how easy it was to hit off the turf.

I'm now in pondering mode as to whether to get the 14* or 15.5* 3 wood to go with it. I would have never previously considered the strong 3 wood just because I would have assumed it would be harder for me to hit. But after seeing how easy the 5 wood has been to hit, I'm really considering the 14* because I'm liking the option of having it as a driver alternative when the driver isn't playing nice. Has anyone that has hit both the 14* and 15.5* have any comparisons? Specifically, differences in yardage, and are both of them just as easy to hit as the other?

After nine holes today I have to say that I'm really thinking about adding the 14° to the bag for the MC. I think my ball flight is high enough with the 15.5° that I can use the 14° effectively. I've never felt really comfortable with a fairway wood under 17° before putting this in the bag, so that's pretty cool.

Couple highlights from today.

3rd shot on the first hole - Par 5 585 yards. I had to punch out due to a pushed drive. Cranked it straight and long and left myself with a 90 yard wedge.

Tee shot on the 5th hole - Par 4 291 yards. The hole is sort of deceiving to the eyes. I wasn't really sure what to do, but knew I just wanted to hit it straight to keep it in play, so I hit the Mashie and was left with 75 yards to a back pin.

I only took two other shots with it and they were both basically topped balls that couldn't have been saved by anything.

Nice to find something that is working well for you Hawk. It took me a little bit to trust the sole and rails that are in place. Since that time, not a topped ball from the turf at all. It is so easy to hit for a FW wood off the deck that it almost gives me too much confidence if that makes sense.

Nice to find something that is working well for you Hawk. It took me a little bit to trust the sole and rails that are in place. Since that time, not a topped ball from the turf at all. It is so easy to hit for a FW wood off the deck that it almost gives me too much confidence if that makes sense.

Thin shots or very thin shots are sort of my miss right now with almost every club unfortunately. Either way, 6-7 months ago I feel confident in maybe 1/4 of those shots. The tee shot was one I would have normally used an iron on. Instead, I ended up with a good shot at birdie from having a easy pitch shot.

Hawk compared to FL and Black, if the lofts are comparable, I think you may have had the 5 in the Black, distance wise are they all pretty close?

I'm trying to decide on taking a demo out this week if the shop has the demo clubs in yet and its between the Black and Mashie.

Thanks for the update hoosier.
--
tapatalk

Back