Navistar LPGA Classic (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
No thread on this one yet.

Lexi Thompson has a 5 shot lead (-15) thru 11 holes today. Stacy Lewis is -10.

I'm going over tomorrow to watch.
"No H" made the cut, too!!

Lots of local media coverage here since this event held in Alabama. Best part was a local high school golfer (Janie Jackson from Huntsville, AL) made the cut and was tied with Michelle Wie going into today's round!! Looks like she's +8 today so far??!!!

Im watching it right now, love me some LPGA! Lexi is playing awesome

I watched a few minutes of this earlier and wow, Lexi Thompson's swing is incredible for being 16 years old. She hammers the ball with her driver....

I don't know the qualifications for the LPGA but is she in if she wins?

I don't know the qualifications for the LPGA but is she in if she wins?
They were actually talking about this.

If she wins, she does qualify, but she still has to petition for early admission to the Tour.

From Wikipedia:
Qualifying for 2012 LPGA membership
Thompson successfully petitioned the LPGA to receive a waiver to the rule that LPGA Tour members must be at least 18 years old, allowing her to enter the 2011 LPGA Q-school for Tour membership in 2012. The first of three stages was held July 26-29 at the LPGA International course in Daytona Beach, Florida. Thompson won Stage 1 by 10 strokes, shooting -23 (66-66-66-67=265). The top 50 finishers and ties from the first stage advanced to Stage 2.

So she has been given permission to join the Tour in 2012 if she qualifies. But not 2011. So if she does win, which would give her automatic membership if she were old enough, she's still not old enough, she would still have to petition for early admission.

They were actually talking about this.

If she wins, she does qualify, but she still has to petition for early admission to the Tour.

From Wikipedia:

So she has been given permission to join the Tour in 2012 if she qualifies. But not 2011. So if she does win, which would give her automatic membership if she were old enough, she's still not old enough, she would still have to petition for early admission.

thats to bad, I really think if she wins she should get her membership, I think the age shouldnt matter as long as the parents are ok with it.

If a 13 year old gymnast can compete in olympics, Lexi should be able to compete in LPGA now

If a 13 year old gymnast can compete in olympics, Lexi should be able to compete in LPGA now
Different sports, different rules.

Forgot this was on, switched over right in the midst of a pretty good Lexi approach shot.

Almost dropped the bird, solid par for her though. Its all pressure now.

Joh with 4 straight birds too, gonna be tight at the end methinks.

Lexi almost ace'd!

Her and Joh with two SWEET shots.

Big bird there. 2 to go now.

I won't lie, I like that someone else leaves their glove on to putt lol

She is certainly not playing like a 16 year old, calm and cool so far after a couple early hiccups, almost there. Putt for bird on 17 and then 18 to go with a 4 shot lead, nice.

Hahaha, She is handling in very well. To young to have nerves...

Dropped a bomb there, HUGE putt. On to 18 with a 5 stroke lead, too cool to see her doing this, shame I tuned in so late.

Piped it. Very nice swing to watch.

What a shot.

Great win for Lexi Thompson, too cool to see. Major congratulations.

Now, will she petition?

Wow, great win for Ms. Thompson! Much more exciting than the BMW, imo.

What a shot.

Great win for Lexi Thompson, too cool to see. Major congratulations.

Now, will she petition?
I think she will, without question.

And after this, they just about have to let her in.

I think she will, without question.

And after this, they just about have to let her in.

I would hope so, I think this more than proves herself when you combine it with her other showings. Not to mention she literally handled it like a pro, it was fun to watch and her interview afterwards was a good one too.

Awesome.

She's the future of the LPGA! Great job and congrats to a very steady young lady, and congrats to Puma for finally having a finisher in the stable.

Anyone else think she can make it in the mens game? She's got some game.

Back