Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me in the minority that doesn't like Georgia uniforms. Also, every guy having Georgia on the back of the jersey is just dumb, unless they do that all season, which I know won't happen.

East Carolina up 24-14 at the half, got a late TD after South Carolina fumbled a punt. Way too many mistakes in the first half by the Gamecocks, but I think that they can still come back in the second half if they clean it up.

Nice TD pass there by Kellen Moore, tied at 7 in that game now.

The QB play by both LSU and Oregon leaves a lot to be desired. I'd like to see a pass of over 10 yards completed.

I have a feeling this is going to be another long season. Texas only up 10-3 on Rice in the second quarter and rice is on the move.

With that im headin out. Take it easy fellas.

Steve Spurrier FTW....Whoops!
I bet that Steve Spurrier is the real father of Lane Kiffin.

Stupid play by Oregon punt returner. Go LSU!

And that's why you fair catch a punt instead of back peddling...dumb duck

--
tapatalk

I dont think I have ever rooted for UGA in my life, but once they dispose of Boise, that would mean that both TCU and Boise are done and we can get on with actual teams that deserve BCS games (and the Big 10)....hehe

Big + 2 on this statement.

Singing Roll Tide Roll all summer long!

Put me in the minority that doesn't like Georgia uniforms. Also, every guy having Georgia on the back of the jersey is just dumb, unless they do that all season, which I know won't happen.

East Carolina up 24-14 at the half, got a late TD after South Carolina fumbled a punt. Way too many mistakes in the first half by the Gamecocks, but I think that they can still come back in the second half if they clean it up.

Nice TD pass there by Kellen Moore, tied at 7 in that game now.

The QB play by both LSU and Oregon leaves a lot to be desired. I'd like to see a pass of over 10 yards completed.

Again, Nike's money won out on this one. This is a one and done deal because of the Chick fil a kick off game. Most of UGA's fans don't care for them either. Nike is in control of this uni.

How can you diss Montey like that?

If you read between the lines, you will see that I am doing the exact opposite.

Again, Nike's money won out on this one. This is a one and done deal because of the Chick fil a kick off game. Most of UGA's fans don't care for them either. Nike is in control of this uni.

To be fair, UGA could have said no, and apparently had quite a bit of input on them.

But they are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Have people talking about the uniforms. No different than Rickie Fowler looking like a clown and people talking about the orange. When else is anybody ever talking about the uniforms of the UGA team.

To be fair, UGA could have said no, and apparently had quite a bit of input on them.

But they are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Have people talking about the uniforms. No different than Rickie Fowler looking like a clown and people talking about the orange. When else is anybody ever talking about the uniforms of the UGA team.

Never they always wear the same boring uni's every year. I mean the same traditional uni's ;)

Tapatalk: even romosexuals use it

LSU is showing why the SEC is the best defensive conference in the country. The ducks can't run and LSU's secondary is just way classier than Oregon's receivers. Man, I love SEC football. Fast and powerful.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That is what college football should be all about is tradition not Nike and new uni's

Tradition in College Football means Notre Dame and Ivy League....Ill pass.

LSU is the worst team in the world to watch on TV.

Cmon now it gets a little deeper then that

Changing uniforms has very little to do with tradition outside of the schools that remind you about it every year. Tons of schools change uniforms and realized that they are not playing football in 1956 and being modern is not necessarily a bad thing. I dont ever hear anybody complaining in any other sport about "tradition" expect college football and golf. Why? Because its what people do to remain relevant.

A tradition unlike any other: TV putting up the graphic of the crime report for every SEC school during the offseason. ABC just put up LSU's blotter, was a pretty diverse list.

A tradition unlike any other: TV putting up the graphic of the crime report for every SEC school during the offseason. ABC just put up LSU's blotter, was a pretty diverse list.

The unfortunate thing is that its not just limited to the SEC. It seems football and crime just go hand in hand now.

Changing uniforms has very little to do with tradition outside of the schools that remind you about it every year. Tons of schools change uniforms and realized that they are not playing football in 1956 and being modern is not necessarily a bad thing. I dont ever hear anybody complaining in any other sport about "tradition" expect college football and golf. Why? Because its what people do to remain relevant.

I assume that you don't follow baseball. Mentioning tradition around hard-core baseball fans is like pulling the pin on a grenade.

I assume that you don't follow baseball. Mentioning tradition around hard-core baseball fans is like pulling the pin on a grenade.

I do follow it and its bad pertaining to some, but its evolved quite a bit since all the records got broken during the asterisk era.

The unfortunate thing is that its not just limited to the SEC. It seems football and crime just go hand in hand now.

I definitely agree with you there, I just think it's the worst in the SEC.

Order has been restored in Charlotte, South Carolina scores 2 TDs in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter, now leads 28-24 over East Carolina.

Says the guy pulling for SC...

--
tapatalk

Says the guy pulling for SC...

--
tapatalk

I wonder if they put up the crime reports during Duke Lacrosse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back