Do your wedges match?

wawabau

Dark Lord of Sith
Reaction score
Handicap
I always thought the wedges you carry should be of the same brand and model for consistency's sake, but was kinda surprised to find that a lot of you and even pros (Jim Furyk?) have totally different wedges for each loft they carry. I know it's more of a personal preference thing, but why wouldn't you want to have the same 'feel' across your wedges?

I have been looking at replacing my old, old Vokeys recently and also fill the big gap between my PW and SW. Just picked up a Cleveland CG16 52* and totally love it! But at the same time, I also like the look of the soon-to-be-released Mizuno MP-R12 and am wondering if I should even consider them, with the design being so different from that of the CG16. What would you guys do - get matching CG16's for the SW and LW as well, or wait for the R12's to see how they look/feel in person first?

I am weird but I keep all my wedges the same.

I am weird but I keep all my wedges the same.

Well it has been going around that you're a diva. :)

Mine do not. I have an R9 AW 50*, Vokey 56*, and CG11 60*. I don't think it's necessary.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I have all Taylormade Racs. 52 and 56 are TP verison while the 60 isnt.

I like to keep it all in the family tree, but maybe not the same branch when it comes to wedges. I have two :cleveland: wedges, but my 52* is a CG12 and my 56* is a 588

BDG

I always thought the wedges you carry should be of the same brand and model for consistency's sake, but was kinda surprised to find that a lot of you and even pros (Jim Furyk?) have totally different wedges for each loft they carry. I know it's more of a personal preference thing, but why wouldn't you want to have the same 'feel' across your wedges?

I have been looking at replacing my old, old Vokeys recently and also fill the big gap between my PW and SW. Just picked up a Cleveland CG16 52* and totally love it! But at the same time, I also like the look of the soon-to-be-released Mizuno MP-R12 and am wondering if I should even consider them, with the design being so different from that of the CG16. What would you guys do - get matching CG16's for the SW and LW as well, or wait for the R12's to see how they look/feel in person first?

My wedges match. I want them to feel the same.

Yes, one of my quirks is having matching wedges. At one point in time I had to Callaways (52*/56*) and a Cleveland (60*), and although they worked for me, it drove me crazy not having a matching set.

I like the AW to match the iron set, but I have to have my SW and LW match. I really bugs me if they dont, I think this is mostly a weighting issue, but I don't like them to be different.

No 50* 54* Vokey 58* CG-14

I have two cg 15's a 50 and a 54. My 60 is a ping. I dont mind the differnce in brands because the clubs work for me. I would play any club if it cuts strokes off my score.

All of my wedges are the same. I currently have set wedges for the x22 in AW & SW, but sometime this week I'll have my 3 Eidolon wedges in 50/54/58 that will replace the x22 aw & sw. For me I'd prefer my wedges to match each other, but I don't really care if they match the brand of my irons.

wow I'm definitely out of the norm here... My GW is Mizuno came with the set, my 56 & 60 are Cleveland CG16 and now I finally got my Callaway X-Series jaws 64 just this week!

3 brands in 5 wedges if you count the PW that is mizuno as well...

It was hard finding the 64 in the bigger name brands it seemed and I definitely used to be under the belief of having matching brands in the bag when it came to the wedges/irons/metal woods. I'm definitely not of that variety any longer. Its all about what works for my game.

After my stock Nickent pw I have all Cleveland's, but CG15 gw and lob, then CG14 sw which is my favorite right now.

Tap,Tap,Tap

when i was playing a lot of golf as a junior my wedges were of various makes but since taking the game back up this year i have had the same wedges both times.the frist set was callaway forged vintage ones,52,56,60.
i sold these and then my friend gave me a md golf norman drew 60 wedge and i completed the set with the 48 and 56.i absolutely love these wedges and the spin you get is ideal.great value for money.

I prefer them to be the same. Played my Cleveland 900s for several years, but they are far past due for replacement. I just bought a Mizuno MP-T11, 56* and will likely be replacing my other wedges with Mizzies soon.

I like them all to match. I even like them all the same length.

yes they all match...I even made sure that the shafts match up with the shafts in my irons too

Yes.

All of mine are made by a defunct company called Mars. 52, 56 and 60. I got the heads only and put them on True Temper custom lite sensicore shafts.

All mine match. When I got new irons a few months ago I went ahead and got new wedges too. It was just easier to find a wedge that I like the look and feel of and order the lofts I wanted rather than test out every wedge in each of the different lofts.

I had an AW and a SW that matched my irons. My new wedges - Eidolons - have a similar, stepless shaft, are all the same length and same finish, same grips. They've been great so far.

I prefer the same, I have mixed it up before but I really do prefer the same brand throughout for wedges

Mine all match now that I got the Eidolon set, but previously they didn't. Had a mix of CG14's and CG15's.

yep, matched wedges, and also matched to my irons...i like the consistency and knowing if i hit a bad shot it had nothing to do with the shaft, head or club. it was just me..

I like the AW to match the iron set, but I have to have my SW and LW match. I really bugs me if they dont, I think this is mostly a weighting issue, but I don't like them to be different.

I think I'm in the same boat now...I really HATE my 52* Vokey for some reason lately and have been thinking of switching this winter to the 51* RXF and then adding a 55* and a 59* that match since I stopped using my SW about 3 months ago.

Yes they match, all cg15's. Only difference is that my 60 has the DSG. Which I love.

I am planning on getting all matching 588's when they come back out.

Back