Bridgestone Surpasses 135,000 Consumer Ball-Fittings

I'm one of the many, got fitted for the b330-rx. Good all around ball but I like the distance of the callaway tour iz better, and greenside spin of the 20xi s

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

So I did the Bridgestone ball fitting session this morning. Here's my numbers: SS 110.8 on both; Cleveland 9.5 DST Tour w/stock Diamana Whiteboard x-flex at 44.5"...Z-Star XV: ball velocity 152.2; launch angle 15.8; backspin 2264; sidespin -12 (equates to a 2yd draw); carry 261. B330-S: ball velocity 152.1; launch angle 14.4; backspin 1853 (wow); sidespin: -490 (again, wow); carry 261.

I made a couple of bad swings but still seemed to catch the center on all but 2. Not sure what to think, but the B330-S is firmer than the Z-Star on the outside but a softer core. I'm gonna play 9 holes this afternoon with it & I'll report back with on course results.

Edit: so after playing 9 holes hitting both the B330 & B330-S, I have determined that I'll be staying with my Z-Stars for now. Impressive balls, but not quite performing as well for me as the Z-Star. The 330 was on average 15yds longer off the tee than the 330-S with a more consistent ball flight but not as workable, slightly less greenside spin & more durable...all of this expected results but the Z-Star still performs overall better for me. Its as long & I can work it better off the tee. Both have great feel off the clubs & putter tho, just not the balls for me.

*Spin em long*

Last edited:
Very cool! Even though I am already a :bridgrstone: convert I would still like to take part in one of those live fittings.

Back