Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep drooling over here. What an opportunity. Paired with the KBS shafts these must feel like hitting a ball with a cloud. Thank you THP & Wilson Staff!!

Oh yeah, no doubt. I have the KBS ones now, and they rule!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I keep drooling over here. What an opportunity. Paired with the KBS shafts these must feel like hitting a ball with a cloud. Thank you THP & Wilson Staff!!

Word for word my friend.

1. What irons do you currently play?
2. What is your handicap index?
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
4. Are you right handed or left handed?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
1. I currently play the taylormade tour preferred mc irons.
2. i am a 7 handicap
3. i play dynamic gold steel s300 shafts
4. i am right handed
5. i plan to take these to the driving range first and get a feel for them and then i will take them out on the course and play with them. Since i work at my local
golf course i play all most everyday, so i will be able to test these iron out in a variety of situations. I will then report back to my fellow thper's with my findings.

Those are some great-looking irons. Nice mix of classic and new-tech. Thanks to :thp: and :wilsonstaff: for another great testing opportunity.

Mizuno MP-30.

19 (OOB)

TrueTemper S300 (Steel; Stiff)

Right-handed

If I were to have the honor of being selected, I would give a thorough and comprehensive review of these irons with frequent updates through the forums and facebook/twitter. I will incorporate text, photos, and video into my assessments. Currently, I am playing about 2x/week and going to the range 2-3x/week. During the winter months, I plan on playing about 1x/week at an indoor facility (simulator). Although I am a relatively new member here, I have been active since joining, and truly appreciate the awesome community here with passionate golfers of all levels and abilities. I check the forums several times throughout the day and would be available to answer any questions related to the testing on an ongoing basis.

Best of luck to all those signing up and, again, thanks to :thp: and :wilsonstaff: for this unique testing opportunity!

Should be a great test on these. I think I will skip on this for now. I might change my mind though...lol!

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway x-20s
2. What is your handicap index? 10.7
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Callaway steel uniflex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Current clubs right (actually ambidextrous and learned the game left)
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have about 2 months of good weather left. I will play 4-6 times per week in that time and will give detailed descriptions of how I hit each iron while on the course and hitting on the range beforehand. I read the forums daily and tend to participate a couple of times per day with my thoughts.

What irons do you currently play?
Cleveland CG16's

17 (OOB)

KBS Tour R+ flex

Right-handed

Multiple range sessions, on-course play, twitter updates, answer any questions posed to me on the forum which I'm consistently active on

1. What irons do you currently play? TM TP MB's
2. What is your handicap index? 14
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Stiff DGS300's
4. Are you right handed or left handed? right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf about 2-3 times a week weather permitting. And I go to the driving range or putting/chipping green almost everyday on my lunch break. Would be nice to see how Wilson Staff VG Tour V2 irons stack up against the TM TP MB's for a mid-high handicapper. I'm constantly logged onto THP! Read almost all the reviews on equipment as well as the home page. Am a very active member and have tested Bridgestone and Yonex equipment for THP in the past. Thanks THP and WILSON for this amazing opportunity!

Wow, these are some gorgeous looking irons!

TaylorMade TP MCs

GHIN 7.1

Steel True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Right handed

I would test these iron on at least a weekly basis. These tests would be done both on the range and on the course. I currently spend 2 days a week practicing on the range and play a fee times a month. Oregon allows for year round golf and I have a indoor practice facility with simulators, etc for when it gets more rainy towards winter. I am a very active member of THP and I post regularly on a variety of threads both about products that I have a specific knowledge about and on others that I would like to know more about.

Thank you so much to :thp: and :wilson: for this amazing opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G2 5-PW

2. What is your handicap index? Don't keep one but my scores range from 101-115 depending on difficulty of course

3. What shafts do you play in your irons? CS Lite Steel Shaft, regular flex

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would involve direct comparisons between my current irons and these irons at the driving range and on course. I go to the driving range 2-3 times a week and hit the course at least 2 times a week. My activity level on THP, although new to the forums, I would consider moderate. I am on every day and posting frequently!

Thanks for the opportunity THP and Wilson Staff!

This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

kyoei golf vega RAF-CM blades (4-PW)

KBS Tour 90 steel regular flex
right handed
I practice 3-4 times per week and play at least 9 holes 1 every 2 weeks (usually once per week).
I will use these irons in direct comparison to my blades in on course practice lessons as well as on the range to get a statistical accurate sense of how good they perform against each other in terms of feel, distance, control, ball flight: on course and on range. I am active on THP (not a high volume poster but high quality, I'd like to think) I will tweet updates and post here often to allow THP'ers to get a true sense of how these irons stack up.

I'm in, great opportunity here to test some great irons from a great manufacturer.

thinking back my best handicap reduction was using Di7's from wilson.

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX 800 Pro
2. What is your handicap index? 15.9 CONGU
3. What shafts do you play in your irons? KBS Tour Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? i play a full round of golf every week, sometimes twice depending how generous my wife is feeling. i go to the range at least twice a week where i have access to trackman for cold hard facts, and also one of the biggest shops in scotland where i can pull any club to do requested comparisons. i will do a direct comparison to my jpx pros and post pictures, trackman results and videos to demonstrate performance. I am also active on twitter and facebook and can post results and links back to THP main site.
I am active on THP daily, i visit the site, check my subscriptions on the train in the morning and post where I can contribute.

good luck to everyone..will be interested to see how these perform..

Wow...Fantastic looking irons and a great opportunity for THP members. That is awesome that they come with the KBS Tour shafts and Lambkin grips. As with other testing I am withholding my name due to the upcoming winter season (where I go to school, there is usually snow from November through March). Good luck to all that apply and thank you THP and Wilson for offering this fantastic opportunity.

Wow! Another fantastic opportunity from THP and W/S! I would so love to put my name in to test these, but again I'll have to pass this by because the golf season is almost over here. I'm pretty sure no wants to see videos of hitting balls in the snow from a heated shed. Good luck to all who apply for this round of testing, I have no doubt it's going to be a good one. Plus I'm kind of a W/S homer anyway, so I know I'll be closely following this one.

Lots of people signing up for this one. Thats great to see, I've been really impressed with Wilson Staff irons for the past couple of years, and I don't think these ones are going to dissapoint.

After a five year hiatus taken to raise four (fore?) boys to school age, I'm back golfing. Would love a chance to test and review a new, hot iron. Here's the current stats
1. Currently playing my old Goldwin AVDP irons
2. Play to a 15.9 oob 'cap
3. Play a regular flex steel shaft
4. Righty
5. Testing plan would include a weekly round (minimum) plus one/two range trips. I intend to follow how a modern 2012 iron stacks up (flight, distance and forgiveness) against state of the art 1996 to see if Joe Average truly benefits from the tech advances we're sold dailly in ads.
Love THP (new member workin hard to contribute) and love Wilson (fond memories of groovin my swing with my Dad's old aluminum shafted K-28 eight iron. Thanks for the consideration.

Thank you THP and Wilson for this wonderful opprotunity! Good luck to all that will be chosen.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play a Wilson Di-9 (that I love btw).
2. What is your handicap index? 16.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? These are the wide tip uni-flex version from Wilson!
4. Are you right handed or left handed?I am right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? As said on the Adams test: My testing plan will be to hit the range around twice a week along with a trip to a couple different courses at least twice a week. I have recently started bringing my daughter to some lessons held by Junior Golf Association and have contacted the club Pro where we go to continue to help improve my game. Lessons will start week after next.
As for my activity level I frequent THP daily and I would post on the thread and I could offer some sound advice on it. I recently grabbed a smartphone and a tablet so I can stay more in tuned to what is going on throughout the day instead of just at night like I did before.
If selected I will use one of the social networks to get the word out about the product I am testing.

Good luck again to all!

Wow another iron testing? Thank you THP and Wilson Staff for another amazing opportunity:

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 1.0
2. What is your handicap index? OOB 16
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock TaylorMade Steel Uniflex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Left Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan is range 2-3 times a week and weather permitting at least 18 a week. I am a very active member of the community and would love to give these a try. I love the perimeter weighting and forgiveness these irons provide. I am also very active on twitter and facebook so updating the via those mediums is something I could easily do with pictures and videos on a regular basis. My first irons I ever purchase were Wilson Staff and I absolutely loved them. I finally outgrew them but still use them when I travel to our family home in FL so I do not have to bring clubs down with me. And not to mention these irons are absolutely beautiful. I would love to represent THP and review these irons for my fellow members and for Wilson Staff. Thank you again for another tremendous opportunity.

This looks like a great opportunity! I've been out of competitive golf for about a decade, but I started playing again a couple months ago. I got a handicap and just played in my first men's league round yesterday.

1. What irons do you currently play? I play the old Top-Flite Tour irons from just after high school.
2. What is your handicap index? Currently 3.9, but likely to go down as I shake more rust off.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Spalding True Temper Top-Flite Advance Flex Regular steel shaft
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a new member, but I plan to be very active here at THP. I take a very methodical approach to practice and am looking forward to taking advantage of the advances in technology as well as the community support that have developed since I was last playing golf competitively. I currently play two to three times a week and hit the range an additional two to three times a week. I record the majority of my practice sessions and often record my swing during rounds. I also have a journal where I keep track of various aspects of my performance and things I'd like to test as well as improve upon. This approach would be more thorough if I am chosen to test these irons. Updates would follow every round and practice session, and commentary would focus on feel, distance, and workability, with pictures and video. I also have occasional access to a launch monitor, so I can provide hard data for the number crunchers. I would welcome questions and requests, and I can also post to Facebook and Twitter. Although my irons are quite out of date, I have demoed multiple sets of irons in the last few weeks and have logged quite a few notes in the interest of finding an iron set with a good combination of performance and forgiveness.

Welcome to :thp: Dan. Head over to the Check in section and post there so everyone can get a chance to hear from you. This is a great place, stay active and fun things happen

1. Mizuno mx 200 +1", 2* upright

2. 17.6 currently

3. True temper DG sl r300

4. Right handed

5. Id be out atleast twice a week and at the range. Id put these up head to head with my mizunos. I'm highly active on THP and would update after ever round/session. Id also update Wilson staffs Facebook/ Twitter.

Many thanks to Wilson staff and THP

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Loving all the sign ups, These irons a GORGEOUS

Not going to sign up but I am very interested to see how these play though. Thanks THP+Wilson Golf! Good luck to everyone.

Not going to sign up but I am very interested to see how these play though. Thanks THP+Wilson Golf! Good luck to everyone.

Why not sign up?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back