Putting for a Porsche

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Local sports radio show having this contest right now at PGA SS. Make the putting from end after a shorter competition round.

a6f86faf-2e0c-2dd3.jpg

TapAhoy!

I will take a pic of me driving away in it.

TapAhoy!

Just so you know the putt is 68ft.

TapAhoy!

Only worth my time if it's a 911 Turbo Cab - no Boxster crap :act-up:

With enough tries. Someone is bound to hit that in

With enough tries. Someone is bound to hit that in

Normally these kinds of contests are done through a hole-in-one insurance company. You pay a certain amount of money for a certain amount of tries. That's why they have the qualifying.

What I've seen locally is a series of preliminary rounds on a shorter putt followed by ONE attempt by the winner at the long ball. That gets more people feeling involved and reduces the odds of anyone actually MAKING the putt.
Here it was for $25,000. For 2 days, you could try a ~20 foot putt...make one, and you made the run-off on the 2nd afternoon.

Runoff rounds culled us from ~80 to 20 to 6 to 2. I was one of those 2. The wrong one.

Once that was done, they marked out a 70' putt on the floor, (so no information on break, speed, nothing to help) and let the winner putt. He was 20' short. Had I made it, my odds were slim...but being short on one chance for 25K? THAT wasn't gonna be a concern.

Anyway, I'd guess that's standard. First rounds of competition somewhere else, then a single look at the big putt for all the marbles. If they let a lot of people try, the insurance must get to be ruinous.

It's gotta be a crazy low odds of someone actually winning... they make it look easy then after you make the first one you realize you gotta do it 6 more times without missing to actually win.

What I've seen locally is a series of preliminary rounds on a shorter putt followed by ONE attempt by the winner at the long ball. That gets more people feeling involved and reduces the odds of anyone actually MAKING the putt.
Here it was for $25,000. For 2 days, you could try a ~20 foot putt...make one, and you made the run-off on the 2nd afternoon.

Runoff rounds culled us from ~80 to 20 to 6 to 2. I was one of those 2. The wrong one.

Once that was done, they marked out a 70' putt on the floor, (so no information on break, speed, nothing to help) and let the winner putt. He was 20' short. Had I made it, my odds were slim...but being short on one chance for 25K? THAT wasn't gonna be a concern.

Anyway, I'd guess that's standard. First rounds of competition somewhere else, then a single look at the big putt for all the marbles. If they let a lot of people try, the insurance must get to be ruinous.

We do something similar during our annual Toys for Tots golf tournament.....we sell entries for $5...that gets you a raffle ticket..and you can buy as many as you want...we draw 20 tickets and they all get one roll at a 20 footer...closest to the hole goes on the grand prize shot...if there is a tie then they putt again.....in the grand prize round they get 1 shot at a 75 footer for 50k.....we actually had a guy hit the cup one year but the ball was going too fast.

That's what was done here. They had qualifies over the past few weeks and you could even enter today. Total of 16 people who had last man standing putt off. Winner got chance at the long put for car. They did give out some great prizes for up to fifth place...putters masters tixcs Def Leopard tics and gift card. ALL 16 got a swag bag which was nice too. The last guy standing hit what looked like a good putt from start but ended up about 15 feet short.

TapAhoy!

Bulldog should have gotten into this.

Back