Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Wow, KB another great update. Love the video's mixed in with the writeup, very informative. More than anything I am interested in the hybrids, so Kelly I know you've spent a lot of time with the Mashie, what would you say you like about the Adams hybrids that the Mashie didn't offer you?

Wow, KB another great update. Love the video's mixed in with the writeup, very informative. More than anything I am interested in the hybrids, so Kelly I know you've spent a lot of time with the Mashie, what would you say you like about the Adams hybrids that the Mashie didn't offer you?

That's a tough question as I am very fond of my Mashies. I've started drawing the ball more and more this summer and the Mashies are becoming problematic at times. I'm sure it's me and not the club but I seem to be much straighter with the Adams right now which makes me much more confident.

That's a tough question as I am very fond of my Mashies. I've started drawing the ball more and more this summer and the Mashies are becoming problematic at times. I'm sure it's me and not the club but I seem to be much straighter with the Adams right now which makes me much more confident.

Thats a big deal IMO, confidence is a huge part of golf

Thanks Kelly, these hybrids really have me intrigued, especially the velocity slot technology.

Thanks for the pics, Smalls. KB, the vids were very nice. I'm always jealous when I see you swing.

Thanks for the pics, Smalls. KB, the vids were very nice. I'm always jealous when I see you swing.

Thanks Hawk..........and I always laugh when I see myself stumble afterwards. My instructor says it's more from my lack of flexibility than a balance problem but I think it's a mix of both.

I thought the hybrid sounded pretty good. I still am not sure I understand the velocity slot tech. I have it in my Redline irons, but I don't really know why it's there.

Thanks Hawk..........and I always laugh when I see myself stumble afterwards. My instructor says it's more from my lack of flexibility than a balance problem but I think it's a mix of both.

It's called getting older KellyBo.

I think the comparison I saw between the Mashie and the Adams was the amount of offset in the Mashie club. I had a tendency to overcook my shots to the left with the Mashie but every shot I hit with the Adams was straight or with a slight fade.

Great vids KB and glad to hear that everyone else is starting to get their clubs. I also noticed the high pitched "ting" on the hybrid shots on the video, KB. I'll have to keep an ear out for that. Didn't really notice it much on my round so I'm hoping it could be just a audio on video thing. We'll see once I hit the range.

I've been back to this thread 4 times today and each time took forever to catch back up, lol. Normally I would just skim, but the reading is way too good for that, I don't want to miss anything. I will also point out that the questions coming in are well thought out and solid, I hope to be able to help answer a few of these now that my set has arrived. Yep, Mr UPS stopped by the house in his big brown truck and guess what he had aboard?

I have a ton of pictures to post along with quite a few video's from the range and the course. They are downloading now, so may have to make my debut early tomorrow. I'm a bit intimidated showing what I have after seeing the compilations ahead of me, but never fear "TheDue" is here, lol. Gotta be done, so good bad or ugly I will strut my stuff. I just hope I don't sound funny to Dawgdaddy on video, haha.

I've been back to this thread 4 times today and each time took forever to catch back up, lol. Normally I would just skim, but the reading is way too good for that, I don't want to miss anything. I will also point out that the questions coming in are well thought out and solid, I hope to be able to help answer a few of these now that my set has arrived. Yep, Mr UPS stopped by the house in his big brown truck and guess what he had aboard?

I have a ton of pictures to post along with quite a few video's from the range and the course. They are downloading now, so may have to make my debut early tomorrow. I'm a bit intimidated showing what I have after seeing the compilations ahead of me, but never fear "TheDue" is here, lol. Gotta be done, so good bad or ugly I will strut my stuff. I just hope I don't sound funny to Dawgdaddy on video, haha.

You'll be fine Duey. I think everyone thinks they sound funny on video (I know I do and it's possibly true). Glad that the package got to you alright. Can't wait to start hearing your updates.

Great updates gang! My package from Adams golf arrived today, I ended up having to work late so no range session tonight, but I will hit it tomorrow. Video is uploading now and pics on the way!

Can't wait to hit these clubs!

Great updates gang! My package from Adams golf arrived today, I ended up having to work late so no range session tonight, but I will hit it tomorrow. Video is uploading now and pics on the way!

Can't wait to hit these clubs!

Yeah... buddy! Let's see em!

Glad you got your clubs in today Duey. I can't wait to hear your "Jeff Foxworthy" voice on video so we can laugh back at you.

You'll be fine Duey. I think everyone thinks they sound funny on video (I know I do and it's possibly true). Glad that the package got to you alright. Can't wait to start hearing your updates.

Thanks buddy, thats why I like you, always thinking about others. Well that and the fact that you are a little shorter than I am :D As a prequel to my full review I will say that this set has more than its share of merits. On one side I was seeing solid distance and ease of keeping very straight, but I found a few gap problems that I'm not real sure how I will deal with.

Is anyone else finding a gap between their 6 hybrid and 7i, or from the gap wedge to their stock SW? I may see different results tomorrow if the wind settles down, but very currious here?

Glad you got your clubs in today Duey. I can't wait to hear your "Jeff Foxworthy" voice on video so we can laugh back at you.

Haha, "You might be a redneck if ... you have a white beard and love KFC".

Thanks buddy, thats why I like you, always thinking about others. Well that and the fact that you are a little shorter than I am :D As a prequel to my full review I will say that this set has more than its share of merits. On one side I was seeing solid distance and ease of keeping very straight, but I found a few gap problems that I'm not real sure how I will deal with.

Is anyone else finding a gap between their 6 hybrid and 7i, or from the gap wedge to their stock SW? I may see different results tomorrow if the wind settles down, but very currious here?

I think the GW will fit in well with my 54* SW. If the A12 is the same as the a7, it is a 49.5*. I have not compared the 6H to 7i in distance but will do that to see how the gap looks.

Who you calling short old man? :D

Something I'll check on my range session, Duey (the 6h/7i gap). As far as GW and SW, I know the GW is at 50* on this set and that's fine by me as anything around 100 yds the GW is my one stop shop club. I try not to go full shot on my 54* SW so I don't worry about the gap there.

I think the GW will fit in well with my 54* SW. If the A12 is the same as the a7, it is a 49.5*. I have not compared the 6H to 7i in distance but will do that to see how the gap looks.

That's my wedge setup as well, KB. Assuming that the PW is 45*-46* it'll then go 50*/54*/58*. I can comfortably say that other than the putter, the GW is the most used club in my bag so it's extremely important that it be very versatile.

There in may be my problem, sort of. My CG16 sw is 56* yet this some what large body gw was giving me solid distance, so much so I had a large gap to the Sw. Further testing tomorrow to confirm that better.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Great info today everyone, I'm really enjoying all the updates from everyone.

Who you calling short old man? :D

Something I'll check on my range session, Duey (the 6h/7i gap). As far as GW and SW, I know the GW is at 50* on this set and that's fine by me as anything around 100 yds the GW is my one stop shop club. I try not to go full shot on my 54* SW so I don't worry about the gap there.

That's my wedge setup as well, KB. Assuming that the PW is 45*-46* it'll then go 50*/54*/58*. I can comfortably say that other than the putter, the GW is the most used club in my bag so it's extremely important that it be very versatile.

You may like my 8th hole vid tomorrow. 99 yards and laid off the gw a bit coming up short. Tossed another down for a full swing and landed 7 ft long, lol. Takes time but the wind didn't help things today.

Tap,Tap,Tap

OK, I promise this is not as bad as it sounds, but I have ten videos to post on these. I'm going to split it up into two posts. I tried to keep them to around a minute or less, and I think I did on all but the last one, which will also be posted in the WITB thread.

I laugh at the mention of sounding funny in the videos, I am more worried about getting through them without any "uhh's", hahaha. I don't know how many takes some of these took, and whatg was really frustrating was when I got almost finished and an uh came out. There are some anyway, but that's what my main worry is! I already know I sound redneck, so it is what it is!

So, without further ado, I present . . . Adams A12OS . . . the initial thoughts and presentation videos:

Here are videos 1-5:

[video=youtube;9TUkr-pIzC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TUkr-pIzC8[/video]

And here are videos 6-10:

[video=youtube;C4-mRAWSp10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4-mRAWSp10[/video]

[video=youtube;yYaJ9iP-7fY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYaJ9iP-7fY[/video]

Back