RBZ 3W rust in speed slot?

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
As the title says i have found some rust in the speed slot on my RBZ 3w, i clean my clubs all the time and dry them out so should this happen? Should i do anything about it? I've attached a pic, sorry its not so clear but it travels the whole length of the slot.

thanks barry

photo-2.jpg

I would probably return it to place, I purchase from. This should not happen.

I would probably return it to place, I purchase from. This should not happen.

Agree, this should not happen and I would think TM would want to make it right. Let us know what happens.

Are you sure it's rust? and also when you clean your clubs what do you use besides water?

If it's rust I would try to return it or contact TM directly with a decent picture of it. Clubs shouldn't rust, especially that quickly!

Return it to the place you got it from. Not to hijack this thread, however, this is the reason I buy my clubs from a local pro shop. A few years back the head of my new driver broke off midway through my first round of golf using it. My pro shop guy took it back and told me to select any driver in his shop regardless of price. Try doing that with an online store or ebay.

I buy stuff online and on ebay, just not golf clubs.

Let us know. I have the same club and the RBZ driver.

Has anyone else had this problem? I like the RBZ range and was thinking of picking up a hybrid but this concerns me.

I just looked at mine. No rust.

Has anyone else had this problem? I like the RBZ range and was thinking of picking up a hybrid but this concerns me.

Return it to the place you got it from. Not to hijack this thread, however, this is the reason I buy my clubs from a local pro shop. A few years back the head of my new driver broke off midway through my first round of golf using it. My pro shop guy took it back and told me to select any driver in his shop regardless of price. Try doing that with an online store or ebay.

I buy stuff online and on ebay, just not golf clubs.

Let us know. I have the same club and the RBZ driver.

I agree with you that pro shops are more willing to work because they will get the credit for the broken club and they usually have good customer service. If you get in contact with the right people or person at TM there really shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the input, i don't wanna go on a war path but i should at least go and see what the deal is as you say it should not really happen. I will keep you up to date! Does anyone have an email address for TM in the UK, i looked on their site and nothing but phone numbers.

cheers

Thanks for the input, i don't wanna go on a war path but i should at least go and see what the deal is as you say it should not really happen. I will keep you up to date! Does anyone have an email address for TM in the UK, i looked on their site and nothing but phone numbers.

cheers
i have just called them in the past, they will tell you to take it back to where you bought it to send it back to them

Rust on titanium?

I would see what they say, find it very very odd to find rust on titanium.

It's not titanium. It's steel. This surprises me. TM will take care of you. This ought not too happen

It's not titanium. It's steel. This surprises me. TM will take care of you. This ought not too happen

The slot if steel?

I just thought it would be the same as the rest of the head.

Take it back from what i read on here TM is good about these things. I wonder if this is a one off or going to be the norm

The slot if steel?

I just thought it would be the same as the rest of the head.

I've never heard of a titanium 3 wood, I don't think it's cost effective.

I've never heard of a titanium 3 wood, I don't think it's cost effective.

I just thought it was like the R11. Figured if they made titanium fairways before hand, they would continue with it.

Just checked my RBZ hybrid and no rust and I've played in some wet conditions lately but dry the club after each shot. Would like to hear the outcome of this one though. I hope it doesn't become the RBZ's 'thing'

You sure it's not just some fungus? Or maybe some sauce from lunch?

I'm sure TM will stand behind their product. Let us know how it goes.

Interesting, I had no idea. I guess I assumed since max COR woods have been made with steel that there would be no point in using titanium.

Are there COR restrictions on 3woods?

I checked my RBZ 3wood - absolutely no rust and I don't clean the slot out after each round ( though I should I guess ) ... the slot does tend to get full of grass and dirt if you hit it off the deck, and I use a tee to clear out the debris... I'd question if this is a counterfeit honestly...

Back