Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

Another cool opportunity, thank you THP and Adams!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP MCs, 5-PW
2. What is your handicap index? About 9 OOB
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper DG X-100
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Looks wise, I'm not the biggest fan of oversized irons. But I'm a huge fan of how they can help with less than perfect swings, particularly in the longer irons. I can deal with a bigger club if it performs.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm a regular poster in the golf equipment forum and would enjoy being a part of this testing. My testing would involve both driving range and in round action. I'm looking forward to adding videos to the pics and text reviews I've done in the past as a new dimension. I would update after each range or round session with the irons. I'm still enjoying the MCs, but I am still trying to figure out if significantly more forgiveness will positively impact my scores.

Currently play Slazenger Raw Distance irons
handicap index-10.9
Current shafts- reg. flex/ steel TruTemper
I have always liked the look f the oversized irons, however Ive never had the privledge to try them
Testing) I would immediatly put these in the bag. I would do my normal playing at least 2 or 3 times a week. I also do two to three range sessions for about 2hrs each every week. I will do a final evaluation as well at the end of the testing.

As always thanks to THP for everything they do for us members and everyone else. Im so glad to be a part of this site and I have NO intentions on leaving!

A lot of good testers signing up for this one!!!!! This is going to be an exciting opportunity. I think these clubs could benefit a lot of golfers.

Love all of the new folks signing up, just hope they stay active. Thanks a ton Adams!

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP-30
2. What is your handicap index? 20
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? DG S300
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have never really played any. But as I was not fitted for my current set of irons (got them off ebay years ago), I am in the market for new ones and am planning to try as many GI irons as I can. I love the looks of my current irons and their feel during great hits, but I'm sure I could save some strokes with more forgiving irons, so I'm quite open-minded about what my next set would look like. In fact I'll be attending a TM demo day this coming weekend to get a feel or the Burners and R11's. I'm a big believer in hybrids and that's why I have 2 of them in my bag. They have replaced my 5W, 3i and 4i (which I was never able to hit anyway) and those are my best purchases in a long time.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I spend about 5-6 hours on the range and play at least 1 round at a par-3 executive course each week, and then a full round every other week or so. The par-3 course is usually very quiet and I get to play 2 balls most of the time, so the irons would get pretty decent usage. As I am located in Hong Kong where the weather is quite mild, I would be able to play well into the winter or not even have to take a break at all. I plan to hit the adams and my current, more demanding forged(!!) MP-30's side-by-side at the range and it would be an interesting comparison especially coming from a high-capper.

As far as THP activity level goes, I joined the forum about a month ago and I'd say my activity level is moderate. I visit and post daily and have already gotten some awesome advice especially during my recent hybrid purchase. A huge thanks to THP whether I get selected or not!

Last edited:
Wow an awesome opportunity. Thank you THP & Adams Golf.

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland CG16 irons
2. What is your handicap index? 18
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? GS High Launch Reg Steel Shafts
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have read that they are a more forgiving iron. With an 18 Handicap I'm always up for Game improvement

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I currently Play 4-5 rounds a week.Living in Florida that doesnt change much as our winters allow me to play just as often as I do in the summer months. So they would get a alot of usage. I would comepare distances between my current & A12 os. I would discuss the feel the sound the workability of the irons. I would log all scores ,so people will know how my Handicap changes from when these are being played. Im on THP throughout the whole day. I already follow Adams on Facebook & Twitter and will post heavy on Both.

Thanks again for this incredible opportunity

Thanks THP and Adams Golf! Good luck to whoever gets picked for this one. I am interested to see how adams is doing with their irons since I have never swung one.

Not going to sign up for this because my season is about to start and I dont want to change clubs for it.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade R9 5-PW
2. What is your handicap index? 11.3
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? KBS Steel 90, Stiff
4. What are your thoughts on over sized irons? I personally have never played a true oversize iron unless the R9 is considered oversize. So it would be interesting to see how they compare to my current setup and the forgiveness that is normally associated with an oversize iron.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play rounds about 3-4x a week and hit the range almost daily. Testing the Adams would consist of side by side comparison with my current irons on the course and the range, with limited monitor testing. Reviews would be posted by myself daily on the days I play the Adams irons on THP, twitter and facebook.

Thank you :thp: and :adams: for the opportunity to get some hands on testing in on these new irons, especially since lefties can be involved.

1. What irons do you currently play?

I currently play Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons and to be honest, I love everything about them.

2. What is your handicap index?

16 OOB

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?

Taylormade Graphite Burner 2.0 SuperFast 65g Shafts in Stiff Flex

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?

Being a mid/high handicapper, the design of oversized irons is very alluring to me. Added forgiveness on occasional bad shots could be a life saver on my GIR/FIR stats and overall scores. I prefer the physical esthetics over muscle backs too.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I plan to test these irons against my beloved Burner 2.0 irons, focusing on five main things that I look for in irons: forgiveness, feel, distance, workability, and looks (at address and overall). I will give my honest opinions, and will write up THP worthy feedback that GolferGal has referred to in the ‘Forum Testing Example Thread’. I get out to the course at least once a week (occasionally twice), and get out to the driving range two times a week on week nights where I shoot 100 balls each time. Since I am located in Arizona, I will continue to test the Adams irons throughout the winter without having to stop for the ‘off season’.

I am a reasonably new member to THP, but it was love at first sight for me. I am on the site every day, and I have already met and played rounds with 3 awesome members. Browsing/posting on THP takes up at least 90% of my time when I am on my home computer. And when I am at work, I am regularly browsing the forum via Tapatalk on Android.

I hit TaylorMade TP combo set.
KBS Tour Stiff, steel
Having recently moved from a semi-oversize iron set (TM Burners 09) to a blade set I often wonder if I'm hurting my game by not using something more forgiving at times. I do think big bulky irons are ugly but am willing to swing ugly sticks if they improve my golf game.
I play 3-5 times per week. I often will leave my woods in the car and hit nothing but irons off the tee to practice my long iron shots. I have only been a member of THP for a few months but I haven't missed a day where I check the latest threads. I don't post every day but I am definitely reading the threads and reviews daily. I typically don't post unless I have something relevant or valuable to add so testing is perfect for a guy like me. I would offer very thourough and honest reviews and answer any and all questions requested of the testers. I am a gear freak and love reading product launches and reviews. I should work at a golf shop...LOL. Anyway, Im looking forward to adding some value to the site as Ive been more of a consumer lately. please pick me!!

Adams a12 OS iron testing

Adams a12 OS iron testing

Would love to be part of this... What a great opportunity!

I currently play RAF-CM Vega irons 4-PW from Kyoei golf. They are pure blades so not the most forgiving but I am learning to hit them better and better.
It's currently about 20 though I will start to have an official index in October (mid to high 90's currently)
I play KBS Tour 90 shafts MOI matched spine aligned and my irons feel like butter with a pure shot (which comes only 30-40% of the time unfortunately)
I was caught on the fence when I got the Vega's a year ago about getting "game-improvement" clubs versus getting blades so that I could learn how to hit them better and gain valuable feedback on mishits. On the other hand it would be nice to optimize scoring with forgiving irons that would allow off-center hits to perform nearly as well (increased sweet spot). I figure the Adams OS irons fit this description and it would be really cool to test performance in my hands side by side (blade vs OS iron).
I plan to take playing lessons at Palo Alto Municipal Golf Course and these allow for some on course testing in real scenarios. My golf instructor has been really nice in letting me continue to go out further on the course after the lesson and practice on my own. This is where I could really draw good comparisons of the two iron types (my current blades which I love for the feel and workability vs a forgiving iron that should hopefully allow me to perform better) I am a stats kind of guy so I will compare each iron with 5 good balls for average distance, spread, feel and ability to move the ball left or right and post all of this. I am not a high-bandwidth poster on THP but prefer quality over quantity (see my post on Short-game practice regimen and carry-roll analysis of wedges with different lofts). I am active here though and especially hang in the practice and drill type threads looking to improve my game by the work I put in not just the equipment I select. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by my analyses of these clubs and the forums will certainly find it useful. I hope you give me the chance to bear this out. I tend to practice 3 times a week and play at least 9holes once every 2 weeks (this frequency will increase in October when I get a little more time on my hands).

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
8 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
These are pre-release irons and do not hit stores until 10/1.
If you are chosen you must pay for the shipping to receive the clubs.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum of 1 of the two). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the irons will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any".

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Hi to everyone, having recently been following Adams on Facebook was intrigued to see this offer to test their clubs.
Duly signed up to put my hat in the ring!

Being an Adams convert, currently using Idea Pro Golds which I purchased in August (first foray into forged clubs) finally moving on from their G2 undercuts.

Project X 5.0 steel

Grew up on blades (yes, I'm that old!!) loved the feel when catching the sweet spot, hated it when you didn't!.
My previous sets to my current ones where both 'game improvement' clubs, Adams Tight Lies & GT 2 Undercut (really got on well with these) but they always felt 'a bit dead' when you hit them. Was quite shocked when using the Pro Golds as to how small they were! Am getting used to them and still love the feel of the well hit shot you don't seem to get on the O/S irons, but am missing the decent result you get when you don't find the sweet spot of an O/S.
Not sure there's a right or wrong as to what to use, both have their place and am willing to try all types to achieve perfection!

Have literally just joined THP after hearing about this oppurtunity, but do enjoy trading stories and snippets with like minded people.
Am fortunate to live next door to my golf club and since purchasing the Pro Gold irons in August have been wandering round there most days even if its just for an hour on their range, would love to hit 'new' clubs alongside the Pro Golds and GT 2 Undercuts (that's me, never get rid/trade in anything, you just never know!!)
I normally play twice a week, and enter all competitions I can fit in (work permitting!)

Peter

Thanks to :thp: and :adams: for another great testing opportunity. I am going to sit this one out due to other commitments at home and the need to get more proactive in finding a new job.

I wanted to send my thanks to both companies though for the opportunity. I am looking forward to reading the testers thoughts from what look like a great selection pool so far

I'll echo Mike's comments, another amazing opportunity for the members of THP! Big thanks to Adams and THP for this, I'll be following it closely!

I'm sitting this one out since I'm already in the iron testing process, but looking forward to it nonetheless!

This is another amazing opportunity thanks to Adams Golf and THP!

Wilson Staff DI11's

True temper super-light steel uniflex

I think that oversized irons are extremely well designed at introducing beginners to golf. As I have progressed over the past 2-3 the oversized head in my first set of clubs allowed me to build confidence in my ball striking. I have recently started practicing with an old set of blades mixed with my first set of GE irons to try and improve consistency and I must say that due to the ease in which oversized heads can be hit I have found that I am hitting the blades sweet spot around 70% of the time as well, to me that is exactly what I imagine the purpose of oversized clubs to be.

I check THP every day, both this site and the Facebook page,h eading into the golf season here in Australia I will be looking to become more and more involved as Uni slows down. Since I purchased my new set of Wilson Staff's about 6 weeks ago, I have averaged playing at least 5 times a week (either 9 or 18 holes at a time) at my local course where I'm a member (2 minute walk away) and I usually put an hour or so into practice after every round as well as scheduled practice at the driving range and at the course. I like to focus on long-mid iron practice then the last hour on short game practice. If I am lucky enough to be chosen then I would continue with this routine or more than likely increase either playing or practicing or both. I would also like to add that since I have begun playing seriously this year I have introduced all my family and close friends to the game simply because I like to play so much that I need so many playing partners to keep them from getting bored with me :) The reason I am saying this is because after getting a feel for these irons I would love to get reactions from all of the people I play with regularly (they range from about 30 to about 15 handicap so it would be a diverse range and a good way to get some better feedback on the variety of players these clubs would cater to). I would of course be updating the review thread after every use with score updates, shot by shot examinations, look, feel, ball flight, general thoughts on the clubs and every thing in between as well. Thank you again for this opportunity!

Last edited:
Thanks to THP and Adams Golf for allowing the forum this opportunity. I'm sure we will see a fantastic lineup of testers. I'm going to pass on this round as I was just selected for another test of scoring clubs and I don't think it would be fair to Adams to leave four or five clubs out the bag and testing.

This is the opportunity for me!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams A7os graphite R (3h to PW)
2. What is your handicap index? currently 20-25
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock graphite R
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? A7os is my first iron set ever. I am totally satisfied with the oversized irons.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I usually go to golf course 4-5 times a week, and practice at the range every night. I hope the new irons could improve my score.

This is a really great opportunitly and a big thanks to Adams for making it happen! I am still mulling over tossing my name in the hat for this since I've been having some issues with a bit of tendonitis flare up in my elbow, but I'm trying to let it rest until it passes. I would hate for it to still be sore and not be able to test the way I happened to get selected. If it feels better before the sign up ends I'm definitely going to sign up!

Thank you THP and Adams

1. What irons do you currently play?- Taylormade TP CB 4-PW.
2. What is your handicap index-19
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?- DG XP-S300
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?- My last set of irons was an oversized set. It provided great feedback for an oversized set and amazing forgiveness. I play with the Adams A7OS 4hybrid right now and have enjoyed using it for the most part.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?- I play at least once a week and plan on testing these clubs alongside some of the other higher handicapper clubs I've played with in the past. I plan on giving daily updates and welcome PM's and questions regarding testing.

Thanks to Adams Golf and THP for this testing opportunity,

1. What irons do you currently play? TM Burner 2.0 4-AW

2. What is your handicap index? 8.4

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Burner 2.0 Superfast 85 Steel Stiff flex

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? never played them before but have hit them before and they are very forgiving.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? i practice 2-3 times every week on top of my lessons. and try to play 2 times a week. if i am being honest i started my swing change yesterday so im not sure how i will be hitting anything in the next few months when i start working on my transition and follow through which will probably really screw up my swing. But anyway i am active on the forum and post in lots of different threads and give my opinions on products i own or have tried.

Great opportunity here, thanks THP and Adams Golf!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ben Hogan Apex loaned to me
2. What is your handicap index? 15
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? They are steel stiff shafts, not sure of the brand. There are no markings because they are so old.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? As much as I love looking at a thin club, if oversized irons can help my game, then I would definately give them a shot.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? The set would get course and range testing multiple times every week, at least 18 holes on the course and at least an hour at the range. I would test the irons/hybrids from all types of lies, different rough, and around the green. I would also try hitting different shots with each club such as fades and draws, knockdowns, high and soft landing shots. As far as my activity level on THP, I visit the site daily and contribute when I have something useful to add to a conversation or when I can help someone out. I have regularly updated other testing threads that I am participating in, as well as twitter. I have enjoyed my previous testing opportunities and look forward to doing another.

1. Taylormade 2009 Burner (1.0) Irons
2. Handicap 13
3. Steel stock Taylormade shafts
4. I generally don't like oversized irons. I am not a fan of looking down at a thick topline, large clubhead at address. I like to have feedback from my shot and in the past i have found that the oversized irons don't provide me with the level of feedback i would like on my shots. I also tend to stay away from irons with large soles (Ping).
5. I play or practice a minimum of twice a week but usually 3 times a week (range and rounds combined). My testing plan would start at home before even going to the range or course with a direct comparison to my current clubs. This would include comparing loft, lie, shaft length, grips, aesthetics.

Pictures and video will be included in this portion.

My first test away from home would involve a range session to get a chance to take several full swings with each club to compare distance. My local range has several targets placed at various distances to aim at so this range session would consist of testing the accuracy of the irons at various distances compared to my current clubs. This would likely be repeated during the weekdays to gauge feel, feedback, forgiveness on several types of shots. A trip to the local golf shot will be made to put these clubs on the monitor for some hard numbers.

On the weekends is when i would generally get out to the course so this is when the oncourse testing would occur. I would put these clubs in play immediately. From the course play i would comment on feel, feedback, forgiveness on real life shot situations, and likely be able to test several different kind of shots such as off the tee, from the fairway, from the rough, approach shots, etc.

I am still fairly new to the forums but i am active. I use this forum as a reference for all my purchases before i buy anything. My contribution points are growing but still not as high as some. I am obviously more active during the golf season as this forum is rich with info on equipment, courses, swing info , etc. i use facebook and twitter daily. I've been hoping to get a chance to test some equipment (any equipment) for a long time! .

Thanks again! this is a great opportunity.

Last edited:
Back