Best Shoe for Walking

theslflash689

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.3
Looking for a new pair of golf shoes. Wearing the adidas Innolux right now, and it seems that the cushioning has bottomed out already, and I get blisters/sore where the spikes are located on the bottom of the shoe. I even tried different insoles. I always walk 18 carrying my bag. Any suggestions for a new shoe? Budget is under 140, so those new Adidas ATV are out of the question right now. Thanks!

I strongly suggest reading the home page. Almost every single shoe that has come out recently has been reviewed in detail.
You can also search for some HUGE threads on best golf shoes.

Go to Kingdom59.com They are having a sale on adidas shoes. The Adipure Nuovos are like $109. I LOVE mine. They are really comfortable. I have walked a lot of rounds in them already. The regular Adipures are $160 i think too.

To JB's point, look for the reviews from the home page. Couple things that you should certainly do: 1.) Get your feet checked (for arch, flat foot, etc), and 2.) Get a your foot measured by someone who knows what they are doing. You will be amazed at what becomes comfortable with the correct arch support and fit.

I strongly suggest reading the home page. Almost every single shoe that has come out recently has been reviewed in detail.
You can also search for some HUGE threads on best golf shoes.

I agree. Tons of reviews here. Do yourself a favor though and go spikeless.......

It is pretty hard for me to find comfortable shoes. I have had surgery three different times on my feet and still have a pin in the right foot. I can not wear 90 percent of the shoe styles out there, the only shoes I can wear for more than an hour at a time are so-called boat shoes and (thank goodness) golf shoes. To make matters worse the size, 15 Wide, makes it difficult to find shoes to try. I walk about 200 rounds per year and rotate three pair of shoes. I need shoes with a wide toe box and in the past I have worn Nike, Etonic, and Adidas shoes just because they were wide enough even though they were not very comfortable. I have been buying different models of Footjoy for several years just because they have models with wide toes and are comfortable to me.

I said all that to say this, the latest pair of shoes I bought, the new Footjoy Contour, are the most comfortable I have ever experienced. When my other two pairs of FJ wear out they will be replaced with Contours. (I wear out at least two pair per year.)

It is pretty hard for me to find comfortable shoes. I have had surgery three different times on my feet and still have a pin in the right foot. I can not wear 90 percent of the shoe styles out there, the only shoes I can wear for more than an hour at a time are so-called boat shoes and (thank goodness) golf shoes. To make matters worse the size, 15 Wide, makes it difficult to find shoes to try. I walk about 200 rounds per year and rotate three pair of shoes. I need shoes with a wide toe box and in the past I have worn Nike, Etonic, and Adidas shoes just because they were wide enough even though they were not very comfortable. I have been buying different models of Footjoy for several years just because they have models with wide toes and are comfortable to me.

I said all that to say this, the latest pair of shoes I bought, the new Footjoy Contour, are the most comfortable I have ever experienced. When my other two pairs of FJ wear out they will be replaced with Contours. (I wear out at least two pair per year.)

I am a hard fit as well with arthritis in big toes. Footjoy Contours are great. It's my golf shoe as well, no fatigue or pain at all.

I have neuropathy in my ankles, slight arthritis, had surgery for my Achilles to be cut, v cut out of the bone in midfoot and tendon taken out of big toe to lengthen my Achilles on both ankles. Footjoy always work well for me comfort wise. Some of the new nikes feel good. Maybe try the Nike lunar golf. I think they can be found around 140. Off the course boatshoes jordans and air max are all I can wear.

I have neuropathy in my ankles, slight arthritis, had surgery for my Achilles to be cut, v cut out of the bone in midfoot and tendon taken out of big toe to lengthen my Achilles on both ankles. Footjoy always work well for me comfort wise. Some of the new nikes feel good. Maybe try the Nike lunar golf. I think they can be found around 140. Off the course boatshoes jordans and air max are all I can wear.

I will try those Air Max if I can find some 15s to try.

I will try those Air Max if I can find some 15s to try.
I'm assuming you are talking about off the course use? If you are, try the Nike Lebron 8s. Idk what you think about bball shoes, but they are like walking on a cloud.

Tons of good reviews on here to look through. I have a similar problem with shoes wearing out quickly and giving me bad blisters and callouses (especially on my pinky toes and back of heels), and I've stopped wearing golf shoes altogether for the moment. I wear my Vibram Five Fingers on the course, and while you don't get much grip, I never get sore feet afterwards. They're minimalist shoes for people with no anatomical anomalies.

Have you tried the new ECCOs. They have a wide toe box, very comfy for me.

I got a pair of footjoys about 6 months ago they were on sale for 70 normally 100. Not sure what style they were but they were more compratable then any Nike or Adidas that I have had. Just my thoughts. I think I will stay with footjoys for now on

The FootJoy SuperLites is the best walking shoe I have ever worn, very light and comfortable.

The FootJoy SuperLites is the best walking shoe I have ever worn, very light and comfortable.

Yeah, for me it's not really about how light they are, I just want something that's not going to be stiff around my foot and something with a sole that allows my foot to move naturally. Also, the current adidas I have cause me sore spots where the spikes are located on the bottom of the shoe.

398219366.jpg
FJ CONTOURS best walking shoe $99.00 most comfortable shoe right out of the box...

FJ Sport 2011's.

Very light and uber comfy!

FJ CONTOURS best walking shoe $99.00 most comfortable shoe right out of the box...

For you. For others they would not crack the top 6-7.

Ditto, wish they had more color options though, in styles that I like.

here in ireland all courses are walking unless you wanna pay an extra 30 for a buggy, i'm using adidas adi-pure at the moment and they are by far the most comfortable shoe i have ever owned, if they are out of your budget i would recommend either -
tour 360 4.0
Tour360_4_Wht_LG.jpg

or the tour 360 4.0 sport
46770_360Sport_LG.jpg

+1 on the Adidas Adipure, I've also had good experiences with the Nike Rejuvenate, but wear the Adipure when walking anything more than 18

JB did a great review on the Nike Lunars a while back (. I went out and bought them after great consideration. For your price range, they are probably the best bet. I've walked about 8-9 rounds with them this season and they are lightweight and have good support.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=12429

I have walked close to 100 rounds in the last two years with two different pairs of adidas shoes. I've never worn more comfortable golf shoes. I haven't tried any of the new footjoys so I can't speak for them.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I have walked close to 100 rounds in the last two years with two different pairs of adidas shoes. I've never worn more comfortable golf shoes. I haven't tried any of the new footjoys so I can't speak for them.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

+1...I always thought it was crazy to spend over $200 on a pair of spikes but I got a free pair of adiddas adi-pures and haven't looked back. I walked 36 about a month ago on a hot summer afternoon and at the end of the day my feet did not hurt one bit. These shoes are well worth the money and if taken care of will prob last me a few seasons. These shoes really want to make me try the ATVS's.

So it really sounds like most people enjoy the adipure and lunar controls. I will head over to my local store today and try both of them on. Probably will try some footjoys too. Anyone have experience with the FJ Synr-G at all?

Back