The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if who drafted Peyton may want his little brother in a trade?

Of course, but by the time he is playbook ready, Manning should be back.

As the world's biggest Colts fan it pains me to say that there are reports from several sources that Manning has now had a second surgery. While I am normally one so say BS, there are just too many reporters out of Indianapolis reporting the same thing, and it looks like Manning is out for the year now. I hope to God the report is untrue, but it looks like this year may be the year the Colts will end up getting a high draft pick, lol. However, I think Collins is a solid veteran QB, and definitely better than Gerrard. Collins gives the Colts the best chance at winning, and I think if the defense picks it up this year there is still a shot at a decent record. Normally the Colts say if things are just rumor and that they don't comment on rumors, but today after these reports of Mannings surgery surfaced they only said that they are aware of the reports, and as of right now they will not confirm or deny the reports. Guess we will find out within the next day or so, something like this can't stay secret for long.

As the world's biggest Colts fan it pains me to say that there are reports from several sources that Manning has now had a second surgery. While I am normally one so say BS, there are just too many reporters out of Indianapolis reporting the same thing, and it looks like Manning is out for the year now. I hope to God the report is untrue, but it looks like this year may be the year the Colts will end up getting a high draft pick, lol. However, I think Collins is a solid veteran QB, and definitely better than Gerrard. Collins gives the Colts the best chance at winning, and I think if the defense picks it up this year there is still a shot at a decent record. Normally the Colts say if things are just rumor and that they don't comment on rumors, but today after these reports of Mannings surgery surfaced they only said that they are aware of the reports, and as of right now they will not confirm or deny the reports. Guess we will find out within the next day or so, something like this can't stay secret for long.

Wow, if this is true that's HUGE news!

Someone go get Brett off that tractor in Mississippi

Wow texans might take the division

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

favre is made of glass now. Remember, collins carried the titans to a 12-0 record or something like that a couple years ago. He still has some gas left in the tank

Wow texans might take the division

Yeah, the rest of the division blows...Houston has a clear path and a really easy non conference schedule.

Enough of the stupid Colts. Devastating news out of Dallas, firs round pick and starter on the O-line Smith got hurt as did Mike Jenkins. Hopefully neither is serious.

Yeah, the rest of the division blows...Houston has a clear path and a really easy non conference schedule.

This is the break Houston has been waiting on, seeing as how they have had the talent in the past but couldnt put any kind of run together, this is what they need.

This is the break Houston has been waiting on, seeing as how they have had the talent in the past but couldnt put any kind of run together, this is what they need.
I agree. They need there defense to step up though. There pass defense was awful last year. They have a very scary offense though.

So pumped for the Packers/Saints game tomorrow! Its going to be a tough game. The only thing that Im really concerned about is the Packers' o-line. If they can hold up and give Aaron time to throw the ball, the Packers should do well.

Enough of the stupid Colts. Devastating news out of Dallas, firs round pick and starter on the O-line Smith got hurt as did Mike Jenkins. Hopefully neither is serious.

Dallas 5-11. Finish third in division

5-11 haha give me a break

7-9 at the best. Your gona get stomped by the jets, homo might break something else lol

Ur secondary is horrible, Mr Ryan is going to over think himself. Only thing decent is your running game Austins skills are out in the open, and what's his face will behurt. Gona rely on ur te too much Mr witten

F'ing injuries suck! If the Boys are not going to have a good season I would rather them go 1-15. Get the 1st pick

Out of curiosity, why is it so far fetched?

We have two great wide receivers and a top 3 tight end and a quarterback who gets the job done in the regular season at least. I think 8-8 is about what we are looking at. Our defense isn't the best but demarcus ware is pretty darn good.

I just think we are a .500 team and that may be a little my bias but 5-11 would be vastly underperforming I think

Rink is not the answer, Mr butter fingers :)

We have two great wide receivers and a top 3 tight end and a quarterback who gets the job done in the regular season at least. I think 8-8 is about what we are looking at. Our defense isn't the best but demarcus ware is pretty darn good.

I just think we are a .500 team and that may be a little my bias but 5-11 would be vastly underperforming I think

You had all those guys last year too. How did the first 5 games go (Before Romo injury)?

Im not saying that they will go 5-11, but its not far fetched like you are making it sound.

You angling for a new QB?

You know what? I would take him. I think you know I like Romo but if Luck is everything they are saying, I'll take him too!

You know what? I would take him. I think you know I like Romo but if Luck is everything they are saying, I'll take him too!

I would like to see Romo finally make that turn to be a top half of the league QB. He has been close, but has regressed at times. I thought he would last year, but that was a flat out awful start before the injury. The tunnel vision and dump offs returned quickly.

You had all those guys last year too. How did the first 5 games go (Before Romo injury)?

Im not saying that they will go 5-11, but its not far fetched like you are making it sound.

I just said they would be massively underperforming at 5-11 honestly.. They are capable of an above .500 season. You have to remember also dez is one more season experienced..

Around the time the bye weeks start it will be interesting which teams start playing for the Luck sweepstakes. I can see a lot of 2-6 teams just start, "playing their rookies" and seeing if they can go lose out for the win,

I just said they would be massively underperforming at 5-11 honestly.. They are capable of an above .500 season. You have to remember also dez is one more season experienced..

And that is the question. Why are they capable of that? Having a couple of very good WRs and an above average (although aging and not great blocking) TE does not stop the deep pass, the run, or block the DL. This time has been in place and their offensive playbook is not changing. Why are they suddenly a much better team than they have shown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back