Webb Simpson - POY?

Tiger Woods.
That is all.

They may just give him comeback player! Lol

Keegan and Webb are neck and neck at the moment IMO Luke wins one of the next 2 events and takes it.

Tiger Woods.
That is all.

I did here that Freddy Couples was voting TW Player of the Year based on his career accomplishments.

Seriously though, this year is tough due to the depth of the Tour versus being so top-heavy. If one of the following wins either the BMW or Tour Championship, I think they win PotY: Webb, Keegan, or Watney.

I agree entirely! But if Luke wins late and wins the fedex, it's a no brainer.

He is openly supporting two tours and is 4th in cup points in only 16 events. That's unbelievable.
I agree that Donald has had a great year...I mean he has a chance to lead the money list on both major tours! That's just sick! If he wins one of the last 2 and the Fedex, then sure...BUT the OP said IF Webb wins the Fedex...in that scenario I think Webb is POY hands down.

Honestly, assuming Simpson DOESN'T win the FedEx Cup, Here is how I would rank it:

1. Bubba Watson
2. Webb Simpson
3. Keegan Bradley
4. Jason Day
5. Adam Scott

If he DOES, just switch Simpson and Watson....

I posted this over the weekend in the Deutsche Bank thread: Webb Simpson this year feels a lot like Matt Kuchar last year. Not a lot of flash in his game, but extremely consistent over the year and has had a breakout year. If Simpson wins the Fedex Cup and has another win in a tournament (either BMW or the Tour Championship), then that gives him 3 wins, and I'd give him POY at that point. However, if you get another guy with 3 wins that wins the Fedex (Bubba, for example), I think you'd have to give that person POY, just like Furyk last year.

Honestly, assuming Simpson DOESN'T win the FedEx Cup, Here is how I would rank it:

1. Bubba Watson
2. Webb Simpson
3. Keegan Bradley
4. Jason Day
5. Adam Scott

If he DOES, just switch Simpson and Watson....

Why do you put Bubba ahead of Webb right now?

Yes, they each have 2 wins, Webb has 2 2nds...Bubba only has 1 more top ten and out of his 17 cuts made has only 7 top 25's.

Webb has made 19 cuts and finished in the top 25 in 17 of those events...pretty dan solid! And he has 9 top 10's compared to Bubbas 3.

Deciding between Bradley and Simpson, as of today, is very tough. With KG basically a lock for ROY, I'd probably lean towards WS for POY...TODAY!

But, as the TC asks, if WS wins the FEDEX, does he get POY? Probably so. He's got the consistency. He's got multiple wins. He's got a big win (although not a major). Many may think WS is hot right now. But, he's been in the mix every month.

T8 in February - WM Phx
2nd in March - Transitions
Playoff loss in May - Zurich
T7 in June, at the Memorial
Two top Tens in July - ATT, Greenbrier

And,
T14 USOpen
T16 British Open

Of the above, only the Memorial is a relatively strong field, like a major.

On the downside,
Didn't play in the Masters
T69 at The Players

I think there needs to be more Jason Day talk going on here. If the dude pulls in a victory this year he has to be in the Top 3 at least.

I think there needs to be more Jason Day talk going on here. If the dude pulls in a victory this year he has to be in the Top 3 at least.

Really? Correct me if I am wrong, but he is winless right? I mean to me that is like saying we should be talking about Fowler as well. Or heck, why not discuss Phil here, or anybody else that has 1 win. How about Charl? He won a major. Great year no doubt, but POY? No way. Not to me anyway.

Really? Correct me if I am wrong, but he is winless right? I mean to me that is like saying we should be talking about Fowler as well. Or heck, why not discuss Phil here, or anybody else that has 1 win. How about Charl? He won a major. Great year no doubt, but POY? No way. Not to me anyway.

He deserves to be mentioned but aside from maybe a top 5 finish in the POY race, not much else can be said.....

I agree with JB that wins matter. As such, I believe if any of the 6 multiple winners win the FedEx Cup, they win POY running away. But I also think If Donald wins he'll win as well, because I'm sure people will consider Order of Merit standings if it's close here. If none of those 7 wins, I think it'll be a wide open pickem.

I agree with JB that wins matter. As such, I believe if any of the 6 multiple winners win the FedEx Cup, they win POY running away. But I also think If Donald wins he'll win as well, because I'm sure people will consider Order of Merit standings if it's close here. If none of those 7 wins, I think it'll be a wide open pickem.

If were going on mostly wins, then we need to talk about Johnson Wagner, Harrison Frazar, Scott Piercy, D.A. Points, and Gary Woodland.....and several others......

If were going on mostly wins, then we need to talk about Johnson Wagner, Harrison Frazar, Scott Piercy, D.A. Points, and Gary Woodland.....and several others......

Really? You think so.

wow, before this week I'd have said Webb had a good year as he managed a win. Looking at his stats, he's been sneaky consistent in there too! Excellent year, and a very solid shout for POTY.

It's down to the last 2 events. I think Webb, Luke, or Keegan can take the title without winning either. Depending on who wins the events.

Really? You think so.

:laughing:

Although I know Luke plays both tours, I still think what he has done in far less events than everyone else is seriously something worth noting. I think two high finishes will vault him to the top of the FEC and the POY arguement. But I have a funny feeling if Luke wins POY and doesnt win again(even if he comes 2nd in the next two events), it will start the whole ROY Rory/Rickie thing again. Boy what a mess that was.

Any of those win the last 2 events of the FedEx cup and you don't think they'd get consideration? I don't think they'd win, but definite consideration.

I could buy Webb if he wins the FedEx Cup, I'd say the same for DJ because it would take another win I think for him to win the FedEx as well. I think Bubba has an outside shot but I don't think Donald has a shot for the same reason's JB mentioned before. One win on the PGA and lots of traveling. But how about Watney? He's got multiple wins and quite a few top 10s. And he's got an outside shot at winning the Cup as well...

My vote might be for Watney if he can bounce back from last week I think he might be able to bring it home.

If he wins the FedEx Cup, I think he is a shoo-in for POY. If he doesn't, I think it could be a number of people at this point in the game.

Without a really dominant player this year winning multiple majors, yes, I think Webb would be the front runner if he wins the FedEx Cup.

I dont think Simpson is the POY yet. He could be but so could a few others at this point.

Without a really dominant player this year winning multiple majors, yes, I think Webb would be the front runner if he wins the FedEx Cup.

But when was the last time we had a player win multiple majors?

But when was the last time we had a player win multiple majors?

2008. Paddy Harrington won the British Open, and the PGA

2008. Paddy Harrington won the British Open, and the PGA

My point is that it has been 3 years since it last happened. Are you saying we have been without a dominate player for 3 years?

I don't think that there's been a standout this year regardless of multiple majors or not. Nobody's been really consistant. It definately depends on who wins the FedEx Cup, but right now I think my pick is DJ.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Back