Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

Well done to THP for providing yet another superb opportunity for the community to test some upcoming equipment. Will be a lucky bunch of guys who get to test these irons and I'm hopeful I will get an opportunity to try these.

1. What irons do you currently play?

Callaway Big Bertha 08 Irons. This is the set that has the hybrid type 4 and 5 irons which are absolutely fantastic. I very nearly opted to for for a set of the Adams Idea A7OS irons, but decided to go for the cheaper Callaway irons which have been very good.

2. What is your handicap index?

Playing off 15.5 at the moment.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?

My Callaway irons have standard steel shafts

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?

I've always been keen on oversized heads, they generally give a feeling of confidence at address and knowing the longer clubs are hybrids makes things easier still. The Big Bertha 08 irons I'm currently using are also oversized heads, so I'm keen to try something similar.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I play twice weekly, once at the weekend and then once during the week and spend time at the driving range near work during lunchbreaks so would be able to generate some quick and detailed feedback for THP. I would be aiming to compare the Adams clubs directly to the Callaway irons I currently have given that both sets are game improvement clubs so think i would be an ideal candidate for testing these. In terms of THP activity, I am on the forums daily and enjoying the THP community, I've not been a member that long but it's easy to see why THP is so popular!

Look forward to seeing these on the market - and good luck to those who do get to test them.

Last edited:
Nike CCI but will have brand new Mizuno MP-69s any day now.

Dynamic Gold XP x100 Steel Shafts

I have never really play hugely oversized irons so this would be a whole new experience for me. As far as performance I think whatever works best for a better is what they should get and oversized irons provide forgiveness, confidence, and usually help get the ball in the air better. I love hybrids so a hybrid type iron would be a new test for me.

If chosen I would be taking these on the course about twice a week and be comparing them side by side with my new Mizuno MP-69s(blades). I think this would be great as it is like comparing two completely different things. I would report on things such as feel, sound, performance, forgiveness, etc. Pictures and Video would be used quite a lot in this testing. I'm on THP daily after work and usually post at least 5 times a day. After each round i would post my findings on the forum and be on for quite a while to answer any questions anyone might have.

Thanks THP and Adams Golf for this opportunity.

1.What irons do you currently play? Dunlop DDH Irons

2. What is your handicap index? Currently a 12

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?Stiff Steel

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have never hit an oversized iron. It would be interesting to see how it affects my shot making ability.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least two complete rounds a week, during the week. I post on the boards quite often.

Thanks THP and Adams for the opportunity

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G5 5-PW
2. What is your handicap index? 15
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Ping AWT R Flex Steel
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Oversized is fine with me. If I hit the iron well the size of it doesn't matter.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I typically play at least 2 full rounds a week and mix in 9 holes and range time as well so I will be able to test the irons and give feedback as soon as possible. If chosen I will provide honest honest and timely feedback throughout the entire process.

Loving the excitement about these, keep the entries coming everybody

Thank you Adams Golf and THP for another great opportunity to test clubs.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7 4-PW,AW
2. What is your handicap index? 12.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I play Steel Shafts, Reg Flex, and they are Taylormade TStep 90 shafts
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I think that OS Irons are a great option for mid to high handicappers, or even someone with a low handicap, but still struggles to hit the ball consistently.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on THP everyday reading posts and chiming in when I have something to add. I play twice a week and usually hit the range up once or twice as well. I would post my reviews after each range session or round. I have a twitter account and Facebook and would also post reviews there if it is necessary or I might just to get more word out about THP and Adams Golf.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X-16
2. What is your handicap index? 23
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Callaway Uniflex Stock shafts
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? As a higher handicap player I think the oversize irons would help me. I currently play with a TM 3 hybrid and sometimes a Adams 4 hybrid so this would be a good time to compare them. I've tested Adams clubs before and found them very interesting. I've had the X-16's for a couple of years now and as I feel I'm improving I've ventured into picking up a new set of irons. This might be a great set for my handicap.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 1-2 times a week and hit range about the same (lucky to have a range within 10 mins of home and also a great Groupon deal). I would test it out both on course and the range and post weekly reviews and since I live in Charlotte the season goes on a little longer. I update my facebook and twitter accounts regularly and if I find these to be real deal and then just let social networking do the rest. I'm fairly new to THP, but I frequent this site more than I should (hopefully no one a work is on this site). Luckily I have a big group I golf with regularly and they are constantly trying new stuff so getting some reviews from them wouldn't be difficult.

Thanks THP and Adams for a great oppertunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade R11

2. What is your handicap index? 8.6

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? steel, stiff, KBS Tour

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I haven't ever really tried any os irons. I like the way my current irons look at address, but don't think a larger topline would bother me. I have never hit a 5 or 6 hybrid, but if it goes straight and helps me score I'm all for it.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I typically play golf 2+ times/week depending on my work schedule. I try my best to make it to the range at least once per week. I am a member at a local course, so I go and play a few holes in the evenings for added practice. I am on THP daily reading posts and commenting. I'm not going anywhere.

Thanks THP and Adams for this great testing opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di9
2. What is your handicap index? 8.9
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Graphite Stiff and Wilson Staff Stock
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Not a huge fan of oversized irons. I sometimes feel as though they werent made for middle handicappers like myself. I believe they work for some but Im not a believer....yet.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to use the irons in as many possible situations as possible. I would test its ball striking and forgiveness from even the toughest lies. I am relatively new to THP but I feel as though I contribute greatly to the forum.

Another great opportunity from THP/Adams Golf! Good luck to those who would like to test! :)

Callaway Diablo Edge

graphite Stiff Callaway stock
Love them. I need all the help I can get.

I plan on playing twice a week and going to the range twice a week. Although I just recently joined THP, I enjoy reading other members post and reading the Iron reviews post by THP. I plan on posting reviews of the irons upon uboxing and then after each range session and playing session.

I'm really digging the entries coming in! This is going to be another fantastic round of testing.

Quite a few veterans throwing their name in the hat, a bunch of newer members and a few who didn't quite read the first post. Fun stuff!

Quite a few veterans throwing their name in the hat, a bunch of newer members and a few who didn't quite read the first post. Fun stuff!

I expect a diverse range of testers and that will be awesome.

I expect a diverse range of testers and that will be awesome.

I agree, I think it would be really cool to see how a really low HC would do with these, also how they could help a Higher HC, interesting stuff for sure

Never mind

Last edited:
I'm pumped to see who gets chosen and the reviews that follow!! A lot of great people are signing up to be testers so far.

1. What irons do you currently play? Idea Tech a4 Irons
2. What is your handicap index? 14.2.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel/Stiff/True Temper Dynamic Gold SL Steel
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I started my golfing obsession playing oversized irons, they helped me build confidence in my games and it helped lower my handicap dramitically, I have since then moved on to more player based irons but still enjoy the idea and concept on oversized irons because they help the higher handicapped players
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My plan of attack with the testing phase would be to take my clubs with me to the local country club I work at and get some time on the range after the sun goes down, from their I would asses the clubs and even compare them to my own. I would also try to compare the aspects of both positive and negative things I find for each club as well as my overview standards towards them. I am a vived Adams fan so I would consider this testing phase an honor. I may not have a high post count but with the privledge of testing these clubs I would make it an obligation to review and post my thoughts and opinions on these clubs.

Just a thought if someone gets to test these irons that have say a set of R11's in the bag , I could maybe test those for you , will be nice to them, give good honest reviews, keep them clean, use a car seat like the comercial on tv :golf2:

Seriously?

Current irons: Walter Hagen T3 cavity
Handicap: I don't know exactly, but my average score is about 91
Shaft: True Temper Golf, regular flex
I think oversize irons are great for non single digit handicappers, because they allow it to be easier to get the ball into the air and straight.
I've posted decently for a new member, but I mostly love to just read the forums and join in when it is a topic that affects me. As for plan to test them, my fist move would be to take them out to the course for a couple of days (Probably around 64 holes) and get a feel for the playability and feel and forgiveness of the irons, then take them to the range and get evaluations of just the distances and ball flight. I would also post an unboxing video and me out on the course with them with my Flip camcorder

Just a thought if someone gets to test these irons that have say a set of R11's in the bag , I could maybe test those for you , will be nice to them, give good honest reviews, keep them clean, use a car seat like the comercial on tv :golf2:

Maybe we could keep this thread about the irons at hand rather than discuss how much one might like to test another brand's products.

Love how many people are excited to test these irons. I'm really looking forward to reading all the reviews on these, as hybrid iron sets really have me intrigued.

Who ever gets to test these will be really happy I think. I know if the irons are anything like my Adams Driver they will be great!

Current Irons: Taylor Made Rac LT2
Handicap: 13.7
Current Shaft: Taylor Made TStep Steel R Flex
Testing: On practice range a couple of times per week and 1-2 rounds per week. Would post to here and FB after usage.
Thoughts on oversized irons: Have tried them before and like them, they can be helpful to all golfers. I have always been intrigued by Adams and would put them through their paces and provide honest feedback and answer anyone's questions.

Thanks!

Love how many people are excited to test these irons. I'm really looking forward to reading all the reviews on these, as hybrid iron sets really have me intrigued.

Agreed. I see this being a really amazing test.

Back